ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor V3 and 8 Meg GoldenEye Release!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
They look great! Please make sure they end up Goldeneye X, so us lonely players can play them against bots. And please don't remove existing Goldeneye X levels to fit these in, just make the rom 64MB instead of 32MB, if that's possible.
Laughing

If only it were that simple. Youd also have to edit the menu to allow more selections.

I mean, it would be awsome to have LOTS of levels, (GE, PD, Select TWINE, and some of the other various games like Zelda and DKR) but probably not fesable.

These levels outwith GE/PD also add a heap to the texture library, so that would need expanding, although admitadly, thats already possible, I just thought Id add it.

GE has an Object Table limit that Zoink had to break for GF, but I cant remember the number, so you couldnt add too many objects either (bananas etc)

Trev

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, well since they don't really fit into the serious, 007 world themes of Goldeneye X, then could a version of Goldeneye X be released that has these maps (so we can play them), but not be counted as an official Goldeneye X, please?

Call it something like Goldeneye DKR, or Golden Bear, or GBE (Goldeneye X Bear Edition), or even GXS (Goldeneye X Surreal) and every time you or someone else creates a new, none-Goldeneye level (such as the Zelda and Pilot Wings 64 levels that exist for Goldeneye already) then add them to the rom and release a new version of GXS. You can remove any current Goldeneye X maps from GXS, as they of course are still playable in the real Goldeneye X.

And put a notice on the boot or title screen, explaining that it's an 0ff-at-a-tangent modification of Goldeneye X, and not the real Goldeneye X at all, and features maps from popular, non first person shooter, games.

I think it might be quite popular.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would the 8 Meg patch enable cradle and statue multiplayer to load with no blackouts?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never thought of Icicle Pyramid as a potential multiplayer map (only MK64 arenas came to mind and didn't like them as multi) but it looks great and probably plays very well too.

Wreckd, have you tried 4P on console? How does it behave? Even if framerate is only good enough for 2P I think it's a very interesting map.

Maybe I can add it to my Classic Nintendo Maps patch.
And yeah, there will be a Perfect Dark version in the future, but I need to figure out some things first. Wink

@Kode-Z
The 8 MB patch should allow Statue and Cradle with no blackouts after you rise allocations (-ma). But the framerate will probably be hideous. XD

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having some minor issues with a few textures on console. Must be the settings or image type, as they mipmap very poorly. Still sorting it out. Thankfully not as many textures causing issues in Jungle Falls. I believe I can also get the waterfall to work again in PD, anyway. Since they had something similar in the sewer area of Chicago. Stick some of the special effect smoke at the base, and should be nice looking.

Yeah, if Icicle Pyramid all works out and performs well enough, I would be more than happy to have it included in your Classic Nintendo Maps patch, Sogun. I haven't tried 4P on console as of yet (only two controllers hooked up at the moment), but will be once it's closer to completion.

Depending on how they turn out and perform, something may find its way into GoldenEye X. We can't add extra textures onto the end of the PD ROM yet, as far as I know. So we're forced to replace existing images. It's getting harder to find chunks to replace all in a row. Going to need to spread them out now.

And Peach's Castle is still something I'd like to add into GE-X. So if you ever get it up and running well in PD, let me know!

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since PD doesn't have the texture impact problem, and since there's a relatively decent chance some of the background file is always in the same spot, might be able to embed stage textures at the end of, say, the background file or something so they're always at a fixed address.

Other possibilities would be making a range of textures in the table that are overwritten when the stage loads. That would probably require one be unusable, but could act as a sort of workaround.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Jet Force Gemini now moddable? :D Reply with quote Back to top

This is so bad *ss beyond bad *ssdom :*D great work guys!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:

http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/Sogunesp/media/GE_Pointsample_zpsddysqrls.jpg.html

Very interesting screen.

They say N64 graphics are blurry.
I say the texture filtering is very impressive.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im sure this has been mentioned before but while point sample has its uses (someone mentioned a mosaique in another thread) it should never be used. All textures should be Bi-Linear Filtered and Mip-Mapped.

Its one of the things I hate about the "Blurry" people, they dont understand that smooth is better than moire. The PS simply couldnt do this and so any PS fan made this feature sound bad.

Same goes for screen AA, smooth edges are better than staircase effects.

What scuppered both machines was the inability to draw hi-res more often.

PD Rouge Squadron and Battle for Naboo were not blurry, they were sharp because they used Hi Res (The Star Wars games claim 640x480 which would make them better than NTSC PD at 640x240)

Trev

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't mind if someone would tweak a mission and disable filtering on everything. Just for the lol to play a PSone version of PD or GE ^^

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Double post I hope you won't mind...

http://level42.ca/projects/ultra64/Documentation/man/pro-man/pro13/index13.7.html

On this page, the documention talk about a sharpen mode that I never knew. Does PD/GE use it, and is it available in the engine ?
Any known use of it in those games (or any other just for knowledge sake) ?

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sharpen is a parameter of the gDPSetTextureDetail() macro and is a hardware feature, so yes, it can be used.

You can try it by adding BA001102 00020000 before triangle draw commands(B4).

As far as I know, GE/PD does not use it. Neither would I.

Clamp is normal while detail allows using a detail tile to add more 'detail' to a texture by carefull use of a noise texture to give the appearance of more texles in a given area.
Grid uses detail and surface, dam and depot use it.
Without detail, these levels look very blurry.

Trev

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on a level on Dam and have been experiencing some slight texture corruption. I was hoping to install the 8mb patch onto a GoldenEye ROM in order to boost the -mt amounts. But every time I try to patch the ROM and then use it for testing purposes, the editor states that the ROM is not a GoldenEye ROM. What am I doing wrong?
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What exactly doing? Maybe applying patch wrong? Remember it's ips not xdelta for that one. It should be Tools->Apply xDelta, rom, ips patch, then new rom name (cannot be same name)

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
What exactly doing? Maybe applying patch wrong? Remember it's ips not xdelta for that one. It should be Tools->Apply xDelta, rom, ips patch, then new rom name (cannot be same name)

Ahh, I feel dumb!

I was simply trying to save it as the same name. Works like a charm!
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: