ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Beta Perfect Dark Guards in Final PD ROM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Beta Perfect Dark Guards in Final PD ROM Reply with quote Back to top

Who would've thought this would've escaped us all these years. After doing a scan, I found out there are actually three unused models that are really interesting!

So the interesting things are
A) Heads embedded
B) Only hi res model
C) All textures embedded
D) Elvis's model has some issue with arm, not sure what it is
E) DD Shock Face, may have intended to put faces inside it, but once had variety of heads/hair, became impossible
F) Area 51 Guard, I don't believe that face is in final ROM, but makes up the final head
G) DD Shock Shading on Mask is different

Early Names and file #s
003E Ca51guardZ
0049 CelvisZ
01C1 Cdd_shockZ

Final names
Carea51guardZ
Celvis1Z (Explains the 1)
CddshockZ

Beta

Final

Beta face - recognize this guy?
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/betaarea51guardface.bmp

It's...Karl! Same image even, well source, zoomed in a little though.

Try it yourself:
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/PDBetaGuardsChicago.xdelta

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty nice find there Sub.

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It appears there's also an unused face texture I found in Image Editor. I believe that was used in PD BETA, the face was seen on the Half Hour of Perfect Dark Gameplay video (5:25) where IOnEI Falcon was playing on the dD Defection mission in Hard difficulty.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neat, knew about the A51 Guard but the other two are new to me.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's also CtestchrZ, which is a guard (0070), which I have unfortunately yet to get really displaying properly. It's 1/10 the size, and it's matrices are off. IT seems to be an early Trent.

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the BETA Elvis, had a male voice, if I'm not mistaking according to the 1998 Perfect Dark BETA Trailer. And for the Shock Trooper Guard, I believe they're the ones that had the different male voices when they speak wearing that mask.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good finds, I had just assumed somebody had went through them already and found nothing of interest. If there is the Area51 guard, Elvis and the Shock Trooper, there is a chance (I think) that you'd find a Mr. Blonde and Trent as well.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, cant see any difference in elvis though.

It would have been cool to have had a head inside the shock mask.

Both A51 guard heads look odd... I cant say Ive seen either.

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Elvis seems the same, except only hi res model, embedded head...and something weird protruding from his arm. It seems like maybe he was from earlier guard structure.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very cool, cant believe new stuff is still being found.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK the other interesting thing, I finally got the CtestchrZ (Guard 0070) ripped with textures (ignore the shading, it's ignored here).

The character is clearly an early version of Trent, but there are a lot of oddities. The pose is different, hi res only, embedded "head", the split is different, ties a little bigger, it's also 50x smaller than regular guards (enlarged here for comparisons sake); it seems like something in between GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, or maybe just in between trying different poses. Not sure what happened to the face. In game it doesn't work much, the matrices seem all off and you get weird parts.

The texture of the head is ever so minorly different, almost like, the final one was resized with a different filter. But basically the same.

http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/CtestchrZmodelrip.zip

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Too much lo-res!!!

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, lo-res? I think you mean Hi-res...

Thats a lot of pollys in his torso, but yeah, at that scale, each unit is a very large movement so he is very boxy.

I guess they might have been trying to use floating point for verticies but failed and so went back to using 10x (1unit = 1mm scale) and never changed this model.

Trev

Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Beta Perfect Dark Guards in Final PD ROM Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Who would've thought this would've escaped us all these years. After doing a scan, I found out there are actually three unused models that are really interesting!

So the interesting things are
A) Heads embedded
B) Only hi res model
C) All textures embedded
D) Elvis's model has some issue with arm, not sure what it is
E) DD Shock Face, may have intended to put faces inside it, but once had variety of heads/hair, became impossible
F) Area 51 Guard, I don't believe that face is in final ROM, but makes up the final head
G) DD Shock Shading on Mask is different

Early Names and file #s
003E Ca51guardZ
0049 CelvisZ
01C1 Cdd_shockZ

Final names
Carea51guardZ
Celvis1Z (Explains the 1)
CddshockZ

Beta

Final

Beta face - recognize this guy?
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/betaarea51guardface.bmp

It's...Karl! Same image even, well source, zoomed in a little though.

Try it yourself:
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/PDBetaGuardsChicago.xdelta

Sub, question, if 4j just as they say "ported" PD to xbox, don't you think its file are the same as the n64 rom files, just updated? GE editor can open it?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y1aogpeok7b73no/Perfect+Dark+Xbla+files+%28Ripped%29.zip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: