ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Setup Editor - Perfect Dark Extraction Error.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye Setup Editor - Perfect Dark Extraction Error. Reply with quote Back to top

I did some testing with 4 ROM's with the 39850 unlock thing added to them. ROM 1 had my edited Defection and Investigation I previously worked on. ROM 2 had just my edited Extraction. ROM 3 had all 3 of my edited levels. & ROM 4 had an unedited Extraction but loaded from the Perfect Dark Editor. After testing the 4 ROM's, The end result was that ROM 1 worked fine. ROM's 2, 3, & 4 failed to load Defection, Extraction, & Mr. Blondes Revenge properly. In conclusion, I think something is messed up with Extraction in the editor. Sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I opened up extraction, hit F7 to inject, and ROM loaded fine, and that level. Does that also fail for you?

JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The ROM's themselves at least ran. But on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ROM's in my test, When I start Defection, Extraction, & Mr. Blonde's Revenge, I fall through the building and die instantly. Even if I get into the building, when I try to get onto the floors, I still fall through them. I'm pretty sure It's something that got corrupted on Extraction in the editor.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you post your setup and pad file? I'm not having those issues.

JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.4shared.com/get/dJuImqMSce/Perfect_Dark_Hard_Mode_Setups_.html

This includes my edited Defection, & Investigation levels which work fine when I just have those 2 in my ROM, Version 1 of my edited Extraction, Version 2 of my edited Extraction, & an unedited Extraction.

Note: I'm using Goldeneye Setup Editor v3 to edit this.

My goal with this hack was to create a harder version of Perfect Dark with more guards and slightly different objectives.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bizarre. Sounds like something happened with the clipping file. I can't see how an edited setup file or pads would allow players to fall out of the map. It may also be the background file. If it was regenerated in the Editor and something was off about the min/max room bounds, or a lack of portals. I'd try injecting the original BG and clipping files, which you can save out of the normal PD ROM.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Custom Objectives Reply with quote Back to top

I think I fixed the problem for now. I reinstalled Goldeneye Setup Editor on My Windows 7 Desktop instead of my Windows 10 Laptop. I was able to fix the problem (somehow) and I was able to continue with my Perfect Dark Hard Mode Project. Although I have another question, I need some help adding a custom objective to Chicago. I want to have an objective where you have to eliminate the FBI agents by Knocking them out or killing them. (Similar to the objective in Villa where you have to eliminate the hackers.) I read some adding objectives tutorials online, but I'm still very confused. (Considering I'm still new to this kind of stuff.) & one last question, Is it possible to have 6 objectives in a Perfect Dark mission?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can have six objectives in a mission, but Rare seemed to limit themselves to a max of five (in both GE and PD). I believe people have done six or more in custom GE missions, so I see no reason why you couldn't do the same in PD.

An easy thing to do would be add a simple objective in (like a collect item or destroy object), and see if it shows up in the briefing and functions correctly.

JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll do a test with destroying Infiltration's Automatic Turrets. I'll update you with the result of the test.

JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have another question. How do I edit text in Perfect Dark without the game crashing?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does the game crash right away, or only when the new text you're adding is going to appear? Make sure that you always have an asterisk ( * ) at the end of your text string. If you don't, there is a very good chance that the game will crash. And also make sure that the text for a level is within the levels own text file. If it tries to read it from somewhere else that may not be loaded at the time, it will encounter an error and crash.

JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basically what happens is that when I try to load the area in the game that has the new text the game will freeze but the music will still play. (BTW I did use *) And the results from the test besides the text problem was successful, I was able to have objects to destroy as an objective, and Perfect Dark does support 6 objectives. (I didn't test collect items, but I have a good idea on how to do them.)

JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: G5 Magnum Guards Reply with quote Back to top

One more question, how do you edit the infinite spawning Magnum guards in G5 or on any level that has infinite spawning guards?

JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello?

JasonNolan64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if I'm being rude but I'm still waiting on a reply after 3 weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: