ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye: Remixed & Remastered [Updated 12/28/16]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: GoldenEye: Remixed & Remastered [Updated 12/28/16] Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!

Been working on this on and off over the past 4-5 years! Done about 29 tracks so far with about 3-4 more to go.

I've merged all the X tracks with the main ones just for cleanliness, but I think Surface 1 is the only one that didn't have one!

Thanks to SubDrag for the extracted MIDIs, punk7890 for the SoundFont, The RWP for the Perfect Dark XBLA instrument samples (a lot were used in GE!) finally, not forgetting the original composers Grant Kirkhope, Graeme Norgate and Robin Beanland! (Yes I even did the elevator music!)

Part 1 is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q96H_vDug2M

All comments are welcome!

Kode-Z

Last edited by Kode-Z on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the opportunity to hear some of these tracks a while back, and I was very impressed at how great they came out. Especially your take on Citadel, which I know others will love when you release it publicly. Awesome work, Kode-Z!

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Wreck!

I even remastered the Jungle SFX track! Part 2 will be up soon.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Part 2 is up!

I seems that I uploaded the 1st version of Statue by mistake, which lacks the X track. Will add it to Part 3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kb3VWUMHvE

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice! Delightfully sharp!

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This pleases me very much.

I love how you did the menu theme, which I feel is really under-rated.

Glock17
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You gunna put this in a Remake of GE?

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Were can i download/is it ok to rip the music from your YT vids to use for my own personal use, i would like to have your Remasterd music as my background music for the GoldenEye section in my Front-End setup.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

madmax386 wrote:
Were can i download/is it ok to rip the music from your YT vids to use for my own personal use, i would like to have your Remasterd music as my background music for the GoldenEye section in my Front-End setup.

Feel free to rip them, although I intend on doing a zip with all of them in when I've finished the lot! Will post link when it's up!

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Part 3 now up!

Statue,
Archives,
Streets,
Depot,
Train,
Jungle (SFX),
Control (Elevator),
Control,
Caverns (Elevator),
Caverns,
Cradle,
Aztec,
Egyptian,
End Credits

Part 4 coming soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4crobSg1OI

Optical_Infection
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This makes me happier than it should heh...Great, great work!

You wanted a signature, there's your signature.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: HAIL TO THE KODE-Z Reply with quote Back to top

Man how did you do this? Ißve been searching for years, how i can reproduce the sounds. I only found this typical facility sound in a native instruments package.

There is also a VST called EM-U Proteus VX, where some originals sounds are.
They are called "metal vapor" and "Infinity". typical GoldenEye sound. but i never found the other sounds, f.e this guitar sound from dam and frigate, witch was original produced by Grant.
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you have been searching for years then you havnt payed much attention here Razz

The Editor and Subs Midi+Sound Tool can extract the 'Soundfont' known as a SoundBank.

Trev

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use the Soundfond, but there are not the originalls sounds in it.....(or i don´t know how to extract them ^^)

However, i got the original sounds from one of the GoldenEye music composer. respectively i got it from GoldenEye:Source Musikproducer Yannick "GoldenZen" Zenhäusern.
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the comments!

I used the soundfont as a guide as to what instrument was which in the relevant MIDI files. I then found the higher bit rate sample from the Perfect Dark XBLA soundbank (which fortunatly has a lot of identical instruments as GE!)

They are by no means perfect, but my goal was to improve on the original quality, as opposed to a full blown remaster which I would love to do one day if all the samples were found in HQ!

Take the Jungle SFX track. All the bird noises, crickets and other noices except the waterfall sound are from the N64 soundbank - only I added some effects and dabbled with the EQ to get it sounding right. I spaced out the audio to add a more immersive sound to make the Jungle sound more vast and open than the original track. The waterfall sound was a high quality sample, sourced from a royalty free soundbank.

Instruments such as strings, vibraphone, pianos, drums, bass etc are already HQ - in the sense that I am using the instruments provided by Logic. The only instruments that I am using in the GE soundbank are the ones that give the tracks 'that' sound that is infamous with the GE soundtrack.

The project relies heavily on remixes as I wanted to add my own twist to the soundtrack. Each track was played to my friends who are GoldenEye fans, and gave me advice on what was working or wasn't. A number of the tracks went through 3-4 versions before it was sounding ok!

I did do a few of the tracks as 'remasters', which will be added onto part 4 of the series, including Aztec and Facility.

Thanks again for listening!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: