ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

as knowing how tall a level DKR?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Diddy Kong Racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: as knowing how tall a level DKR? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello: I wanted to know how you can find out how much a level can be measured both in DKR and MSU ?. the idea is to know what are the limits of a level in any of the games. which is the largest level? . You can fit a standard size of Wario Stadium in the biggest level in DKR there?. I ever thought Luigui Raceway can fit within the levels Acient Fossil Canyon Lake or DKR.

I searched and found only steps from Mario Kart 64 meters in Wikipedia, but found DKR measures on any page. These are measured in meters that appear on wikipedia about Mario Kart 64:

Luigui Raceway: 717 meters
Moo Moo Farm: 527m
Koopa Troopa Beach: 691m
Kalimari Desert: 753m
Toad's Turnpike: 1036m
Frappe Snowland: 734m
Choco Mountain: 687m
Mario Raceway: 567m
Wario Stadium: 1591m
Sherbet Land: 756m
Royal Raceway: 1025m
Bowser's Castle: 777m
D. K.'s Jungle Parkway: 893m
Yoshi Valley: 772m
Banshee Boardwalk: 747m
Rainbow Road: 2000m

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH

Hello SATURN_81. Already thinking about a MK64 port to the DKR engine? hehe.

SubDrag told me that DKR levels can't be very big. It may be impossible to port all the MK64 tracks and keep their original sizes.
I think Rainbow Road is the biggest coordinatewise, so if you can port that one then you should be able to do the rest.

SPANISH

Hola SATURN_81. ¿Ya estás pensando en hacer una versión del MK64 usando DKR? Jeje.

SubDrag me dijo que los niveles de DKR no pueden ser muy grandes. Puede que sea imposible recrear todas las pistas de MK64 y mantener su tamaño original.
Creo que Rainbow Road es la que tiene mayores dimensiones, así que si se puede trasladar sin problemas el resto debería funcionar también.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It all depends on what scale they used for verticies. While they can store verticies in rom and ram in any format they wish (note below) once they render them the RSP is limited to 32bit fixed point numbers (16bit.16bit) with a max of 32767.0 and a minimum of -32768. (fractional componant 0.000030517578125 to 0.999969482421875)

Verticies themselves are also limited to 16bit signed integers when using the RSP to process them. If they are any other format then the CPU must pre-process them, including matrix calculations, into 16bit values for the RSP.

So, what Im guessing is that Mario uses a bigger scale than DKR. DKR therefore allows for finer movements.

It would be an interesting idea to be able to re-scale everything.

Come to think of it... wouldnt this also solve GEX Dam problem. Just re-scale in editor every object by 0.8 or something including player height. Big undertaking and probably still full of holes.

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

Hi Sogun. if it is true that I'm thinking (dreaming intended) with MK64 MOD engine in DKR, but still after all this time I learned very little about my pace and stuff. only say that dreamed of driving the hovercraft of DKR on some tracks MK64 (especially those with hills and ramps), ek level I would like to see more Wario Stadium and the hovercraft to drive by, though admittedly be the second largest MK64 level, but if we look closely, the central space of the map is occupied by the track or of the level unlike other levels as Moo Moo Farm or Koopa Troopa Beach, which makes me think about the size Real Wario Stadium this level. Wario Stadium if the level remained too large for DKR, I had thought of as levels, Choco Mountain, Royal Raceway, Yoshi's Valley Raceway or DKR Luigui Jungle Parkway, which are suitable for levels I see the hovercraft and aircraft.

indeed Sogun, lei around here you thought about putting levels MK64 about GE or PD, but not suitable for these games veias, I thought nivees as Wario Stadium and Yoshi's Valley may be suitable if you think in the hills of both levels and up and down stairs for them rather than just use the official way offered by MK64.

ESPAÑOL:
hola Sogun. si es cierto que estoy pensando (soñando mejor dicho) con un MOD de MK64 en el motor de DKR, pero yo todavia despues de todo este tiempo aprendi muy poco por mi ritmo y otras cosas. solo decir que soñado con conducir el hovercraft de DKR sobre algunas pistas de MK64 ( sobre todo las que tienen colinas y rampas) , ek nivel que mas me gustaria ver seria Wario Stadium y poder conducir el hovercraft por el, aunque es cierto que debe ser el segundo nivel de MK64 mas grande, aunque si nos fijamos bien, el hueco central del mapa esta ocupado por la pista o parte del nivel a diferencia de otros niveles como Moo Moo Farm o Koopa Troopa Beach, lo cual me hace pensar en el tamaño real este nivel Wario Stadium. si el nivel Wario Stadium siguiera siendo demasiado grande para DKR, yo habia pensado en niveles como , Choco Mountain , Royal Raceway, Yoshi's Valley, Luigui Raceway o D.K.R Jungle Parkway, que son niveles que veo adecuados para el hovercraft y el avion.

por cierto Sogun,lei por aqui que pensabas en poner niveles de MK64 sobre GE o PD, pero que no los veias adecuados para estos juegos, yo pense que nivees como Wario Stadium y Yoshi's Valley pueden ser adecuados si piensas en las Colinas de ambos niveles y las gradas para subir y bajar por ellos en lugar de solo utilizar el camino oficial ofrecido por MK64.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just scale the track until it fits.

Also:
http://i.imgur.com/NQE9P0q.png

Optical_Infection
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, Zoinkity, that kind of looks like one of Excitebike 64's levels.
I wonder if it's possible to port EX64 levels to DK64...

You wanted a signature, there's your signature.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

hello Optical_infection: ever I had also thought of Excite Bike 64 levels for DKR in the past. also I thought in the past that if drew some editor to DKR like to see me also tracks the game Wave Race 64 hovercraft to drive on the slopes .......... also thought of games I think they can be more difficult to introduce DKR tracks like games Automobili Lamborghini, Ridge Racer, Roadster Trophy, and some others such only for their aesthetic appearance and beautiful tracks. the last one occurred to me it might be a delirium (hehe my love Wipeout), it is Wipeout 64, or any version of Wipeout PSX, because levels can take advantage of the hovercraft, aircraft and even the vehicle beta hovercar because physics is a bit like about used cars.

there regarding the levels of Mario Kart DS, are as large as Mario Kart 64? I have seen some levels created for this game but not if it would be possible to create them first Mario Kart DS and then try to put them in DKR, that would be fantastic.

SPANISH:

hola Optical_infection: alguna vez tambien habia pensado en niveles de Excite bike 64 para DKR en el pasado. tambien pense en el pasado que si sacaban algun editor para DKR me gustaria ver tambien pistas de los juego Wave Race 64 para conducir el hovercraft por las pistas.......... tambien pensaba en juegos que pienso que pueden ser mas dificiles de introducir en pistas de DKR, como los juegos Automobili Lamborguini, Ridge Racer,Roadster Trophy,y algunos otros mas de ese tipo solo por su aspecto estetico y bonitas pistas. el ultimo que se me ocurrio puede que sea un delirio (jeje a mi me encanta Wipeout), es Wipeout 64, o cualquiera de las versiones de Wipeout de PSX, debido a que los niveles pueden aprovechar el hovercraft, el avion e incluso el vehiculo beta hovercar, ya que la fisica es un poco parecida respecto a los vehiculos usados.

que hay respecto a los niveles de Mario Kart DS, son tan grandes como los de mario kart 64? he visto algunos niveles creados para este juego pero no se si seria posible crearlos primero para Mario Kart DS y luego intentar ponerlos en DKR, eso seria fantastico.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SPANISH:

hola de nuevo:

quiero felicitar desde aqui a Zoinkity por su nivel Big Donut de MK64, he podido conducir el resto de vehiculos gracias a los codigos gameshark "Player One Vehicule Modifier" y asi poder utlizar el hovercraft y el avion. todavia tengo las dudas de por que no se permite caer a los jugadores por el centro del nivel donde esta la lava. me sorprende mucho como la IA se adapta muy bien al nivel y sigue el camino de forma correcta. el nivel tiene un poco de dificultad si te chocas con algo y pierdes velocidad el resto de corredores te alcanzara y sera dificil alcanzarlos. algunas de estas cosas tambien las he notado con el parche del nivel Moon Station.

queria preguntarle Zoinkity ¿Big Donut es un nivel demasiado grande para DKR? ¿ o piensa que algunos niveles mas de de MK64 pueden encajar en los limites de los niveles de DKR?. creo que por tamaños los 2 siguentes niveles mas pequeños de MK64 son Luigui Raceway y Moo Moo farm.

ENGLISH:

Hello again:

I congratulate from here to their level Zoinkity Big Donut MK64, I could drive the other car through the GameShark codes "Player One Vehicule Modifier" and so to the hovercraft and plane. I have doubts still not allowed that players fall in the middle level where this lava. I am very surprised as the AI is well suited to the level and follow the path correctly. level have some difficulty if you bump into something and lose the other runners speed you reach and will be difficult to reach them. Also some of these things I've noticed with the patch level Moon Station.

Zoinkity wanted to ask ¿Big Donut is too big for DKR level? Or do you think that some levels of MK64 more than can fit into the limits of DKR levels ?. I think for sizes 2 Next MK64 smaller levels are Luigui Raceway and Moo Moo farm.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

again I want to thank Subdrag and Zoinkity, this time for having behaved that may be perhaps the largest and immense N64 games "Raibow Road" circuit. thank precisely because more or less this level provides an answer to one of the questions in this thread a little strange, if that was the greatest levels of MK64 can fit into a level of DKR ?. the level is a bit "glitchy" but for me there too, some visual disappearances or blackouts in one of the first level curves occur and if you crash or something stuck to parts litter the fence level, and it seems that another defect to hit a part of the sales will level shifted to another part of the level nivel.tambien suffers some slowdown at the right time of inciar the race? This is because the circuit size? or the level of detail that can overload causing the game to go slow? the slightly smaller than Raiwbow Road levels, but which in turn have a higher level of detail (level of detail I refer to objects such as trees, the stands, the castle of peach ....), for example Royal Raceway and Wario Stadium, deceleration may be subjected to a ported DKR level ?.

in goldeneyevault page, it says that this level is at a premium, something strange is true that it is a little boring MK64, but if I have to say that at least for me it's more fun in DKR in MK64. one thing I do not understand is that this at this level can not be given 3 laps as in the other levels ?. if DKR has a small flaw may be the length of the circuit, which sometimes are too small.

once I seen this level the question arises which one is bigger Raibow Road, the F-Zero or Mario kart64?

SPANISH:

de nuevo quiero dar las gracias a Subdrag y Zoinkity , esta vez por haber portado el que puede ser quizas el circuito mas grande e inmenso de los juegos de N64 "Raibow Road". dar las gracias precisamente por que mas o menos este nivel ofrece una respuesta a una de las preguntas de este hilo un poco extraña , que era si los niveles mas grandes de MK64 pueden encajar en un nivel de DKR?. el nivel es un poco "glitchy" pero para mi no demasiado, se producen algunas desapariciones visuales o apagones en una de las primeras curvas del nivel y si chocas o andas algo pegado a partes de la valla del nivel, y otro defecto parece ser que al chocar contra una parte de la vaya del nivel sales desplazado hacia otra parte del nivel.tambien el nivel sufre un poco de desaceleracion en el momento justo de inciar la carrera? esto se debe al tamaño del circuito ? o es el nivel de detalle que puede sobrecargar el juego haciendo que vaya lento? los niveles un poco mas pequeños que Raiwbow Road, pero que a su vez tienen mayor nivel de detalle ( con nivel de detalle me refiero a objetos como arboles, las gradas,el castillo de peach....), por ejemplo Royal Raceway y Wario Stadium, pueden someter a desaceleracion un nivel portado a DKR?.

en la pagina goldeneyevault , se dice que este nivel es muy solicitado, algo extraño, es cierto que es un poco mas aburrido en MK64, pero si tengo que decir que al menos para mi es mas divertido en DKR que en MK64. una cosa que no entiendo es por que este en este nivel no se pueden dar 3 vueltas al igual que en el resto de niveles?. si DKR tiene un pequeño defecto, puede ser la duracion de los circuitos, que a veces son demasiado pequeños.

una vez que visto este nivel me surge la pregunta de cual de los dos Raibow Road es mas grande , el de F-Zero o el de Mario kart64?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can change the # laps back to 3 in the Game Configuration dialog in editor. The course was so long I felt compared to DKR's others it was weird, but it can be returned. Also once you got ahead...no one could catch up ever heh it seemed like.

It had some glitches, perhaps can be worked out in future as other people try bigger levels, and get multiple rooms working, but I do think DKR works better with smaller levels, and due to not being able to fall really, it hurts rainbow road a bit too.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DKR courses are very preliminary at this point. I'd imagine once the multiroom issues can be ironed out blackouts and console support will come with it. Rainbow Road, as it is now, is just one massive room.

Mario Kart gameplay is significantly different. Course design for any racer caters to the engine it is in, and MK uses a large number of hills and expects you to use drift boosts. It has alternate shortcuts only accessible if you use boost mushrooms, and most involve boosting over gaps you can fall into. These aren't going to translate perfectly into another engine, moreso one like DKR that doesn't support pits of any kind. Faster games (say Rush 2049) can take the alternate routes at all times and they shortcut too much course, but games like DKR can't even use the routes because of engine limitations so the course becomes more linear.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose, in some areas and situations, you could make adjustments to the track itself to let certain shortcuts be accessible to racers in DKR. Adding small ramps or bridges would help. However, since many times in Mario Kart you need a speed boost or a feather to jump larger gaps, it was more rewarding to the player who had the right item at the right time. If these shortcuts are available to anyone at any time, it would be easier to abuse them. Still, it may serve useful in the silver coin challenge, since the player is forced to take different routes to find them all.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... Intresting. Perhaps it would be a nice idea to list all the advances, features, bugs etc of each racer in a comparison tree.

eg, very roughly:

____ DK, MS, MK
Jump _N, _?, _Y
drift _N, _?, _Y

Trev

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Comet informed me that using Pirate's Lagoon fixes the blackouts, so I reuploaded the Rainbow Road patch, and now it performs much better. Use pirate's lagoon on new patch, I swapped back to 3 laps too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So does that mean there are memory allocations for the different courses in DKR, just like GE and PD levels? If it would work in some stage IDs, but have issues in others?

Does the patch let you play the course from a new save, or do you need to have the replaced course unlocked first? I usually have problems on console using ED64, so it starts from scratch. Not sure if having a save on memory pak might help.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Diddy Kong Racing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: