ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Great new Goldeneye article via The Guardian.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Extremist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Great new Goldeneye article via The Guardian. Reply with quote Back to top

Contains some new tidbits from Martin Hollis. Have a look at the comments section as well! Smile

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/26/goldeneye-james-bond-n64-nintendo-shigeru-miyamoto-gamecity

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. That's interesting.

Quote:
For a while we had some gore, it was just a flipbook of about 40 textures, beautifully rendered gore that would explode out.

Would have loved to see that. I imagine something like No more Heroes or some kind of exagerated blood coming out of the body ^^

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really tempted to do a hospital scene now!
Would be worth receiving a C&D just to send it to Miyamoto. Frame that sucker on the wall ;*)

Up-close killing was the reason for the hunting knife cut then. Well, inaccessibility.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did he give a speech like last year? Somebody must...post it.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="zoinkity"]Really tempted to do a hospital scene now!
Would be worth receiving a C&D just to send it to Miyamoto. Frame that sucker on the wall ;*)quote]

Hahah, definitly agreed, that would be awsome.

Trev

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I was reading about that blood sprite set I figured it'd look like the Turok effects - which to be honest dropped my jaw when i saw them the first time. In saying that there's a certain amount of "classy" that comes from not having blood which I feel was a better fit for Bond actually.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wonder if there is any video leftover of this original blood somewhere? The blood impact remaining in the ROM is pretty tame, and less red than it should be. Maybe that is all it became reduced to in the end.

Ah, now that does make perfect sense as to why the hunting knife was disabled in the Japanese version. Can't get much more up-close and personal during a kill than that.

The whole hospital scene idea is hilarious. Thank goodness Rare didn't take all their suggestions seriously. We'd have had a more cartoony game with no multiplayer. Sticking to your guns and pushing back release dates can do wonders for any project.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Klownicle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Wonder if there is any video leftover of this original blood somewhere? The blood impact remaining in the ROM is pretty tame, and less red than it should be. Maybe that is all it became reduced to in the end.

Ah, now that does make perfect sense as to why the hunting knife was disabled in the Japanese version. Can't get much more up-close and personal during a kill than that.

The whole hospital scene idea is hilarious. Thank goodness Rare didn't take all their suggestions seriously. We'd have had a more cartoony game with no multiplayer. Sticking to your guns and pushing back release dates can do wonders for any project.

My first thought came to the Gameshark code that increased the blood. I wonder if it was anything like that Very Happy

On a topic note, I thought it was awesome to read that the other day. Such a throw back to our history.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: