ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Help out PD in the GameFAQs tourney!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Extremist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Help out PD in the GameFAQs tourney! Reply with quote Back to top

GE won its first round, but PD needs a boost! It's less than 10% behind MGS 5!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/bge20_vote

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta love how they put a fifteen year old game up against a brand new one. I hate these polls, because new games have hype behind them, and often end up sticking around longer than they should. I think I saw one a few years ago where some character I had no clue who they were won for best boss ever. Big new game with tons of hype. I also can't stand award shows, either.

Let's see how well MGS5 is remembered when it has been out for fifteen years...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, agreed.
I can see why Zelda is top, but quite franckly, PD should be next in that list since as you say, its 15 years old and still known. The rest are... ... ...

Trev

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gamefaqs is a great site, except for the near useless mods, who allow the site to be over-run with braindead low-teenage trolls. Still, it's a fantastic place to talk about your favourite games or machines with other loyal fans.

BTW, the last big poll Gamefaqs did saw Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask voted as the best game ever from the first decade of the twenty-first century. I found this very surprising, not because of the game's quality (I've never played MM, but I've always heard that it's very, very good), but because I'd have thought that the game wasn't too well known, relatively speaking, since it was released at the end of the N64's commercial life, when many N64 owners were jumping ship to other machines.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a game it could be voted on for those who played it on the GameCube. If it was a vote specifically for the N64 then I see your point.

Trev

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
As a game it could be voted on for those who played it on the GameCube. If it was a vote specifically for the N64 then I see your point.

Trev

Doh! I've just checked Wikipedia, and apparently it was also released on the Gamecube, and the Wii virtual console, so it would have reached a larger audience than I initially thought. Thanks for pointing that out.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeh GFags don't matter no damn more

Saves that never tell you everything , fakes , submit some , even convert a save's region flawlessly , nothing .

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like GE's gonna lose in round 2 against Skyrim.

Not too surprising, as it was a massive hit and is fresher in people's minds.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's going to lose, it may as well be to a huge epic journey like Skyrim. GE obviously wasn't going to win the whole thing, and it is unfortunate it won't make it past the second round. But, like I said, polls like these are silly. Choosing a best anything is subjective, based purely on how it affected us personally. And the newer it is, the more hype there is among current voters.

I think Super Mario Bros. deserves a very high place in the list of best games ever. It brought home console gaming back out of the slumps, defined what a great platformer should be, and is still selling copies to this day. If Mario Maker can be as popular as it is right now, it speaks volumes for how truly remarkable the game (and many sequels to follow) was. So for its impact on the gaming world, and incredible staying power, I say SMB may be the best ever.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was honestly looking at the Best Game ever section of that website, it's pretty interesting to see them putting games like Legend Of Zelda Majora Mask against Final Fantasy XII. Pretty unfair battle I must say. Even though by surprise Majora Mask is winning right now.

I honestly am shocked though that Goldeneye 007 survived a battle against Diablo 2, That game fanbase is deadly as all heck when it comes to those who judge it haha. But Skyrim is unfair advantage, that's just way to ridiculous. And now they are putting Metroid Prime up against Skyrim.

They should really split the "Best. game. ever." into different categories.

Old game categories: 80's to the 90's games.

Modern old game categories: 2001 to 2009 would be good.

New generation game categories: 2012 to 2014.

Just Release games categories: 2015+

It would make more sense, plus mix it up and add each selected game to it's own genre. Shooters vs Shooters, Adventures vs Adventures and so on.

Putting Goldeneye (Shooters) up against skyrim (Adventure/RPG) the favor is all gonna go to Skyrim.

Come on GameFAQ's this is not how it works. Evil or Very Mad

Edit: Reading though the Division, Super Mario 64 is taking on Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess, and I should also mention Super Mario World is going against Undertale. (Never played Undertale in my life.)

Even though I don't support these poll line up's At least we can see where Super Mario 64 and Super Mario World stand up in the world.

(Hoping in the end Super Mario 64 or Super Mario World wins)

The Extremist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
it's pretty interesting to see them putting games like Legend Of Zelda Majora Mask against Final Fantasy XII. Pretty unfair battle I must say. Even though by surprise Majora Mask is winning right now.

It's no surprise. Majora's Mask is the favorite of hardcore Zelda fans (myself included).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rented it once, had trouble with it, didn't like the whole time factor. Still haven't played it since, and yet I bought it for the 3DS and have never opened it. I am sure it's great, but first impressions went poorly for me.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I am sure it's great, but first impressions went poorly for me.

The first chapter is where most are either won or lost on MM. If you can manage playing to the first dungeon, everything should then click in to place.

And if it does, the sidequests are where MM shines the brightest. To get the most out of it, I recommend a strategy guide (preferably Versus Books if you can get it). You'll very likely need one anyway for the fourth dungeon (DEFINITELY if you want to get its bonus item).

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that they should have put the competition into genres, so that we'd have categories like:

Best first person shooter,
Best third person shooter,
Best 2D platform game,
Best 3D Platform game,

etc, though that would introduce real problems when trying to categorise some games.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Rented it once, had trouble with it, didn't like the whole time factor. Still haven't played it since, and yet I bought it for the 3DS and have never opened it. I am sure it's great, but first impressions went poorly for me.

I did it again few months ago.
I don't like some colors in textures that are too flash and some characters.
But the atmosphere at the end of 3 days, some musics etc... really makes you feel like it's the end of the world.
This thing is really well done and makes it very intense. I had strange feeling playing this game and it is quite unique.
Overall I understand your feedback. But it's little things that makes it special and liked by people.
It's far from perfect and full of good taste thought ^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: