ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

"Evolving" Weapon Sets in Combat Simulator...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: "Evolving" Weapon Sets in Combat Simulator... Reply with quote Back to top

Probably a very little known feature in PD, is that the Weapon Sets in Combat Simulator "evolve" over time. As you start a fresh file, you have access to five sets. However, each of these are using certain placeholder weapons. You need to either pick up the proper weapons in the mission campaign, or unlock them by opening up more Challenges. Here's a list of what changes...

Pistols
Falcon 2
MagSec 4
Falcon 2 -> Phoenix
DY357 Magnum -> Mauler
Shield
Disabled

Automatics
Falcon 2
CMP150
Dragon -> Laptop Gun
AR34
Shield
Disabled

Power
MagSec 4
DY357 Magnum
Dragon -> Shotgun
AR34 -> RC-P120
Shield
Disabled

Rocket Launcher
Falcon 2 -> Mauler
Cyclone
Dragon
Rocket Launcher
Shield
Disabled

Close Combat
Combat Knife
Combat Knife
Timed Mine
Timed Mine -> Crossbow
Shield
Disabled

It may be Rare did this since, when you begin a new file, there's at least one item unavailable from all sets. You haven't had access to them yet in a Challenge, so they're absent from the weapons list. So, as a workaround, they did this "alternate" weapon design. That way you can dive right into a multiplayer match with friends, and have quick sets to choose from (without doing everything as custom).

The rest of the weapon sets only become available once all weapons used within are unlocked. They contain no alternates, and use disabled in their place.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did not know this.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't know it, either! I love that PD always has new secrets for us fans (even people like me, who are borderline obsessive about the game!), though in my case at least it's not too surprising that I never noticed this, since I always use the Custom weapons option.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We always use the custom set for weapons also - which means everyone gets a gun they prefer. If anything I'm amazed that this game still has secrets to reveal!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think most people choose custom to setup their own weapons, since it's more fun choosing exactly what you want for the battle ahead. The predetermined sets are good for jumping into a quick match, without spending a bunch of time setting every detail. The amount of options you have control over is quite impressive, even today.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its for all these reasons above that GEX will be THE best FPS game, heh, or at least one of them Wink Razz

Ive always liked the options in PD but prefered the levels of GE (with exception of temple and complex, the PD Upgrades were better)

Its nice to know that the weapon options evolved, but as everyone else has stated, I too mostly did custom.

But, it shows how in 1 challenge you can have a weaponset with some guns, while a later challenge has the same weaponset but with different guns.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: