ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Rare Revealed: The Making of Perfect Dark
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this really the place to be having this discussion?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Kerr Avon wrote:

Every time some ****head in the USA takes a legally owned gun/guns into a school or shopping mall and kills people/children,

Or anywhere for that matter.

Kerr Avon wrote:
instead of banning guns

Unfortunatly even in the UK where guns are banned largely (With the exception of holding a Shotgun/FAC licence and low powered air guns) there are still shootings, there was one just the other day at a Mcdonalds.

So, Banning guns doesnt stop criminals, if they are going to do it they will find a way.

Banning guns works 99.9% of the time. Yes, a few days back that McDonalds incidence occurred, but how many more can you name in the same month? Gun crimes are very rare in the UK because very few people have access to guns, even criminals find it difficult to get guns, or every mugger would have a gun, yet that almost never happens.

If you let civilians legally own guns, then you also allow criminals very easy access to guns, plus people who are not morally criminal, but are unfit to own a weapon, because they will accidentally shoot themselves whilst cleaning it, or leave it lying about where children can get it, etc. The majority of the population might be fit to own guns and properly take care of them, but the minority are not, which is why it's common sense that guns should not be made available to civilians.

Quote:
Also, people drive cars which can be used to kill people.

Yes, but cars have legitimate uses that far outweigh their ability to cause harm. Firearms don't.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Is this really the place to be having this discussion?

Maybe not. But unless the mods want to close the thread, then I suppose there's no harm in discussing such a topic.

Trevor wrote:

Unfortunatly I would have to say that that is the parents fault. If it had been a knife it would have a similar result.

Hardly. The child might kill himself with the knife (which would be an awful tragedy), but he couldn't knife to death someone from a distance, even people in the front seats would be safe. A gun can kill from a distance, deliberately or accidentally.[/quote]

Quote:

Stupididty allows parents to beleve their little one cant possibly use it, the safty is on, well, what do we know about kids, they find ways to open things.

Yes, and that stupidity is only one of the arguments against letting civilians own a device that was invented to kill people.

Quote:

Anyway, whats the point in carrying a gun if you leave in on the back seat? thats stupid in its own right.

Yes. But some people would do so, with all of the risk and resulting horror. It's amazing how stupid some people can be, and you don't want to give them any more chances to turn that stupidity into catastrophe.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to echo Dragonsbrethren's comments, I don't think this is the place to discuss this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Good topic, wrong thread. Let's not turn our attention away from what this discussion was originally about.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough.

To change tack, I really wish that Rare would release the source code for their games, how brilliant would that be? We could recompile them for any machine (PC, any consoles, etc), as well as easily bug-fix or edit them. 3D Realms did this with Duke Nukem 3D, and Shadow Warrior, and id Software did it with Doom 1, 2 and 3, Quake 1, 2, and 3, and Wolfenstien 3D, so it's not unknown for a company to do this. Just very, very rare.

Still, it would be great, wouldn't it? And if they released the beta code/artwork/notes, etc, it would be even better!

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose we could move our posts to a new thread somewhere to keep this thread clear.

It would be nice, but they wont. We need to do our own hard work.

Although, yes, imagin being able to take all the display stuff, translate it to DirectX and then output new Hi-res graphics nativly on the PC.
Now, funny enough, PerfectGold pretty much does that regarding graphics, but of course, its not optimised as a game engine.

Trev

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually seen the "suppose Cetan ship" picture before. From my believe, it was indeed part of the Cetan ship map but it's not the ship. Remember the spot you go to dr,carol? Some were way the hell back I remember seeing a comparison of that room and that image. So, maybe an early setup model for that room.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: