ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Porting Perfect Dark Weapons to Half-Life. (GoldSource)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Porting Perfect Dark Weapons to Half-Life. (GoldSource) Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not good at Goldsource modding, so I dunno what I'm really doing. I got the SuperDragon model ported to Half Life, but I dunno how to get the animations or models rigged.

The SuperDragon seems to fit really well with the Half-Life SMG/AR (Depends if you use HD models or not).

All I really did was export the Superdragon via Setup editor, edit the textures to be 256 bitmaps in MS Paint (which is why it looks bad), and edit it over the Half Life model and export it via KHED.

I tried finding any tutorials for animation related stuff, but I couldn't find nay for Half Life 1, it was mostly for Source.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good. As for animation you may have to re-rig it for goldsrc, I suggest studying the Dragon reload animations and see how it's rigged. You will have to re-rig it for goldsrc as the hand rig would be incompatible with PD's rig. There are a few tutorials on gamebanana, here is one I found I hope it helps http://goldsource.gamebanana.com/tuts/11789

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Paverini

Would blender work for the anims, too? As Milkshape isn't freeware, it seems.

Also, are there other programs rather than MS Paint that do decent 256 bitmap conversions?

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not related to Half Life 1/Goldsource, but I made a revamped SuperDragon that I'm planning on porting to another engine when done.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. I'm not sure. I found this tutorial but it also says you need Milkshape. http://www.isolated-design.de/tutorials/how-to-get-models-from-blender-to-goldsrc/

2. I personally use Photoshop, but you could always try GIMP or paint.net

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got the revamped model done, may or may not port it to a different engine.

If anyone wants this, just ask.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have been working on porting over bunker to the goldsrc engine. This includes simplifying the polys in XSI, using 3dsmax to resize and convert fbx to obj and converting obj to map with sledge editor. Here is a early test compared with the original map https://i.imgur.com/MeqzKQk.gif
The downside with goldsrc is that the lighting has to be recreated using light entities as vertexes cannot be colored like in the ge/pd engine.

Fillerthefreak wrote:
Would blender work for the anims, too? As Milkshape isn't freeware, it seems.
Actually yes, blender is okay to use. But you will not be able to load the rigs from the editor as blender doesn't have good FBX support. http://www.isolated-design.de/tutorials/how-to-get-models-from-blender-to-goldsrc/

Fillerthefreak wrote:
Also, are there other programs rather than MS Paint that do decent 256 bitmap conversions?
According to http://the303.org/tutorials/gold_texture_p1.htm IRFANVIEW is completely fine to use. You can find more tutorials here http://the303.org/tutorials/index.html

Last edited by pavarini on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks really nice. Never fooled around with Hammer, so I assume that was pretty hard?

I wonder if GoldenEye would work on Goldsource. I had the idea once, but I never really bother to learn it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: