ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gadgets for Objectives and more...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

setting up gadgets and objectives like that could possibly help some things memory-wise too, right? I just thought because I did it to GE for a few levels, setting certain objects to appear on specific difficulties reduces texture the texture load (add drone guns/etc to your stage, only load them in 00 agent, then try agent and no drone guns/etc to use up memory when not needed. I can see this helping quite a bit.
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Texture memory shouldn't be much of an issue using the Perfect Dark engine. It already makes use of the Expansion Pak for the mission campaign, and the memory allocations are pretty much all set to the same amounts (by mission, by multi, and by resolution). Some PD missions are huge, with lots of different characters and props. Nothing from GE should really come that close, I would think. Image sizes and colour amount may be the only factor that could possibly cause any issues, but that seems unlikely.

While your limiting use of unique objects by difficulty may help (though I am not entirely sure if the images wouldn't be loaded anyway), it won't help if they all show on 00 Agent or another setting. So long as you can boost the memory allocations enough, or use the 8 Meg patch on the vault to utilize the Expansion Pak, you should be alright... Just don't go too crazy with things! Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: