ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

My updated Mini itx Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: My updated Mini itx Build Reply with quote Back to top

Hello fellow users.
Yesterday i spent a good 3 hours writing about my experiences with emulation and front ends over the last decade or more .... unfortunately i wrote this up on my phone and i mistakenly deleted my write up before posting it Sad so today i thought i would share a quicker style write up/video of my Bigbox/Kodi/SteamBig Piture setup via pictures and a video, and maybe further down the line i will discuss my previous issues, workarounds, emulation setups, front-ends experiences and just general stuff like my future projects and what not.
While there is still a few issues here and there the setup is pretty much 100% usable with a controller ( with the help of xpadder of course )
Here are some Photos of the PC:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qbpSJGkaDU

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/90WW9#ujTowSR

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fairly recently set up somebody with the "Emulation Station" front end, loading it with NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis (and their corresponding emulators). I found it to be fairly easy to set up.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Portable Arcade Machine aka PAM
Hey all,
So i have done a bit of an updated video showcasing my setup, i uploaded two videos one with comentary and one with out since i may put you to sleep with my voice Smile Each video has time stamps in the VIDEO DESCRIPTION so you do not have to scrub thru the video your self or watch parts that do not interest you.
No commentary www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_2w3N2HdEA
Commentary www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyLDCHm_2sE
My idea behind this PC or HTPC was to have a " console killer " pc the size of a console that could play a range of games from the latest AAA titles to all the Retro games i can get my hands on.
I wanted the interface to be easy to navigate and to look good, so i went with Kodi as the main front-end with the theme experience360 to give you that Xbox 360 feel.I have Kodi launch over/before windows explorer via a RegEdit hack so you never see windows, giving you a more immersive " console " feel.
I also wanted it to be portable hence why i have chosen a small case, this case is perfect to travel with it fits in my back pack and has a carry handle on top that makes it very easy to pick up and take to a mates place and jam out some local multiplayer games.... which i am actually doing tonight.
The PC case im using is the Lian-Li PCTU 100, it is pretty much the smallest PC case you can build in, here are some comparison pictures http://imgur.com/a/KvVUw
I have 6 xbox controllers hooked up into the system with two of them being wireless and the rest wired i also have a nifty chatpad that can come in hand when browsing the interwebs via the couch, i also have 4 N64 pc controllers as well and a ps3 Bluetooth remote that has a but tone of buttons that you can custom assign, for example have recording button, volume button, ALT TAB button, and yea like many other buttons setup on the remote that come in handy.
Mute64's Collection - LaunchBox Games Database http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/collection/games/Mute64

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: