ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

WIP: Nuclear facility
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unlike Mario Mods, provided you use the editor it should work on consol.

The primary target for editor is consol, emulators have to emulate properly to be fully compatable. Editor doesnt exploite emulator deficiencies.

Trev

nakata6790
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished playing through the first 7 levels on 00 Agent, congratulations again on a job well done.

Train mission was interesting, i liked that you could get off the train and walk around. ''Civilians'' would act much more naturally had this been based on PD engine. How about a tazer weapon for this mission to take care of the guards? (Though i know that GE does not support enemies being unconscious).

3 small gripes: 1) Facility now has spawning Special guards upon triggering an alarm, i personally preferred the older patches' function. Also, the plastique must be placed on the bottom half of the lone large missile in the large room with the small gas tanks, in order for the objective to appear as completed on the mission log. Otherwise, an "explosive placed correctly" message appears but the objective is marked as incomplete.
2) That last guard on Streets is a tough SOB, his accuracy is very high, i had to replay the level (and it takes ~10min on 00 to get to the end) many times to finally beat him.
3) New York (former Depot) level has some red stars on some walls, this being USA kinda breaks the illusion.

All in all, great job, can't wait to see what's in store for the other levels as well.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like this patch .I think the difficulty is well adjusted except in the streets. fog bright red fits nicely into Facility level. the Facility level I've never come to complete because I do not know where exactly to place the bomb. this is one of the few times I see someone make a patch for the game completely, with all niveles.siga conm the good work and do not know what you plan to include in the next levels, but so far all quite good and satisfactory .

TheThief
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This mod is great. It's very well done. Played up till destroyer. Keep it up, I'm really looking forward to the finished project.
Some issues and suggestions:

In the Dam level there is a ladder towards the end of the stage near the towers that you can't climb completely.

My favorite level was facility, I really liked how changing the difficulty adds drone guns and such. I loved how using the silenced gun and being stealthy is the best way to go. Would like to see this continue in at least some more levels. As another user, nakata, pointed out, the two guards that endlessly spawn if a camera spots you in the middle room is a bit over kill. I killed those guys, well I lost count, but they just kept coming. It would be a lot better if they didnt spawn at all, or at least a limit would be better.

Don't know if you are planning any sniper intensive levels, but I feel like even the original didn't feature enough of that type of gameplay.

All in all great so far. It feels like a true alternate version to the missions.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where can i get this?
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DF Ank1 wrote:
Where can i get this?

klobb wrote:
https://sites.google.com/site/chowmeinsgoldeneyelab/home/downloads/Major%20hack%20v2.0.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Here you go.

speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
I like this patch .I think the difficulty is well adjusted except in the streets. fog bright red fits nicely into Facility level. the Facility level I've never come to complete because I do not know where exactly to place the bomb.

You know the place where you go to the labs, but instead of that, go to the right. The missile is in that room you need to place the bomb on.
Pretty nice since that room isn't irrelevant now. Unless you got the worst Doak in the normal game.

Speaking of irrelevant, almost the entire Frigate you don't have to go to in this hack, because the terrorist plans is next to the radio. The Tracer bug is the helicopter just outside and the Guidance data is the bridge room.
Then you can just return to your boat to complete the mission.

Also, there is a bug in the Destroyer mission on Agent.
Before you start the mission, there are only 2 objectives showing you need to complete. In the mission, if you pause, you need to complete all 4 objective. BUT, because the mission briefing shows only 2, I decded to test it and yes, this will happen:

After you complete the Agent objectives and returned to your boat after the mission, mission briefing will say Completed! Pressing A will proceed you to the Train mission! Pressing B will go back, and Trasin isn't unlocked!

I decided to give it a go again with just 2 Agent objectives. This time, I just proceeded to Train and completed it. Train remains unlocked and you can go to the next level. Destroyer remains uncompleted though!

Train is just too easy. The trick is, stay unarmed. The guards won't do anything, even after you slapped the guard with the mask you need to kill. Stay unarmed and you will complete it without the guards bothering you.

Library freezes, but I guess that one isn't completed yet.

Very nice job so far! Very Happy

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/speedruntrainer

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedruntrainer/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedruntrainer

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be fixing those bugs for the next patch. Train isn't completely finished yet. Destroyer will be looked at. I think I messed up the objectives/briefing. Facility's guard issue will be fixed as well. Iv'e been messing around with importing sounds on a different copy of my modified ROM. The sound effects shut off though when explosions happen. I used all of PD's explosion sounds btw. Library will be in the next patch. It might not be complete at the time but it's coming along nicely. Egyptian has begun getting modified. Streets is a boss level so it's going to take a bit. I'll set a reasonable target time for it. Destroyer may get some updates to fix a few aforementioned issues as well. The sound issue is really annoying though. the sound effects just shut off. Besides that, new textures are being used. New object graphics, some new faces, etc. I've been messing with retexturing characters too.
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very interesting, once I return to my computer I might have a look at this.

Either way it is looking rather neat from the images i've seen. Good luck on the progress Klobb.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found my sound issue, GE just can't handle PD's explosion sounds, so I won't use them for now. The other sounds I added aren't having any issues yet so I can use them without killing GE's sfx engine. I've been tinkering with sounds and textures for the past few weeks, still working egyptian too. It's starting to feel like a new game with the new everything I've done so far. If I had some 3d modeling stuff/ experience importing home-made stages, I'd be going that route. I might get crafty and attempt to make a new multi stage later, maybe with sketchup or something. I'm glad your all enjoying this hack. It hasn't been an easy project, Train's setup was a nightmare to get working for some reason, I couldn't manually inject it like everything else, I had to use F7 quick inject and some other stuff to make it work, Street's action blocks all require an 03 command at the end of each one or DMA errors happen. But I persevered and eventually made it beatable. On a separate note, I've decided to rename the guns(except for the Ken Lobb lol). If you guy want to suggest some names, that would be great. The shotgun is being turned in a special GE cousin to the farsight as a bonus gun, and I have no idea what to call it. so far the all guns cheat will display it as rifle, It's the single most powerful gun in the game, and It kills all bosses in roughly 1 hit, completely draining health/armor due to insane stats. Anyways, I would love to have you guys name the guns. If your gun name is used, your name will appear in the credits when the game's beaten.

TheThief
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gun names? Okay I'll give it a go.

PP7: P8-97 ( 8/97 is Goldeneye's N64 original release date) The subsequent guns would be Silenced P8-97, etc.
Phantom: Ghoul
RC-P90: RQ-1 Predator
Cougar Magnum: Valiant
KF7 Soviet: KF7 Fugitive or just "Fugitive."
Sniper Rifle: Snippy Snappy (after the Mock German speaking Teddies of Conker's Bad Fur Day).

That's all for now. I'll let others take a stab at it and come up with some more later.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, this is interesting. My laptop crashed bad and finally i got it fixed. The stuff for my hack is partially lost, but I have enough stuff that i can still continue it. It's sort of in a delay at the moment because i have to re-do egyptian, some graphics mods and what have you. I've got to catch up on this thing now. Thank god for not having a specific release date Smile
I'm glad you guys like the hack, It will live on.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't posted in a while on this, I'm still working on it. I've been busy with things at the moment but believe me, i want to see this completed. The next update should begin what I call part 2. I reread all the feedback and responses and i'm really happy to know i've done a good job. And i will go back and fix bugs as i get to them. I think dam's ladder glitch might be due to that block nearby... I should just make the docks accessible- Maybe add a guard or two there, and for facility's endless guards.... Yeah i have no idea how actually set how many can/should appear. I'll look into it. The mod's not dead i'll say that much Smile

@TheThief
cool gun names! (forgot how to quote,too much freakin youtube reply system happening right now lol i gotta remember YT comments and forums work differently)

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Good, it's a good mod, updates?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Klobb?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: