ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Games that say F**K you when you try to do something simple

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Games that say F**K you when you try to do something simple Reply with quote Back to top

TWINE

I plug in 4 controllers and go multi and it won't let players 2-4 play, but we get a single bot to play with. I love it. TWINE, the one game that punishes you for trying to play multi. This is on console, without a mempak.
It's funny that this game is nowhere near as crazy with it's multi setups like black ops for example, having a crap ton of options, TWINE is like, pick a bot, screw the other players. I don't get it.
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair Rare was breaking a suggestion by Nintendo that controllers should only be added and removed when the power is off. Most titles only periodically test the number of connected controllers after boot, if ever. It's not entirely silly either.

Although you can't possibly fry a controller plugging it in while the power is on you can cause damage to a mempak removing it while writing. More importantly, controllers and their peripherals can't really be used until reset, so you have to add in additional logic to keep track of the controller states and reinitialize everything in the case something is plugged--after finishing any pending actions for attached controllers.
Some companies took the lazy route and simply stuck to the recommendations, which if they're taking the lazy route is probably a sound suggestion.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I read about that once. It sounded cool, but when i imagine trying to reload with the mempak, it makes me think of both what you said and the fact that it's way more tedious than just pressing B. It would be even worse when you try with some third party controllers that just don't like mempaks. I have two that either don't access the paks at all, or if/when they do, they corrupt my saves. I've booted TWINE with 4 controllers and nothing. It's like their not even connected at all. I like this rant thread. Another thing that has bugged me for a while is GE's frigate. I've noticed in a few places that guards and see and shoot you through the floor/walls. same with some drone guns on other stages. My facility mission suffers from this in one place, but keeping some distance helps. But my biggest question is why does this happen?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember if I've ever played three or four player multiplayer TWINE, but I have played two player, and also one player with three bots. I do have an expansion pak (you should get one, seriously, if only for Perfect Dark, Zelda: Majora's Mask, and Donkey Kong 64) and a mempack (controller pak, to save games).

TWINE multiplayer does have quite a few options when you consider the game modes and settings It's not a great multiplayer, but it's OK and quite enjoyable. Nothing compared to Perfect Dark, though.

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've the expansion pak in mine. My friend doesn't have one. He bought DK64 and didn't know he needed it. Now he's trying to get one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: