ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

So I have this old LTD Crown Vic...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: So I have this old LTD Crown Vic... Reply with quote Back to top

It's a 1986 model. It doesn't like damp, foggy mornings. Old exposed wires are to blame here. It has working A/C, radio with factory tapedeck that i plug my mp3 adapter into, cruise control, posi, 302 EFI, gray outside with half vinyl top, red interior with fake wood trim, and it has all 3 hubcaps on it.
It has very responsive steering and acceleration, and it's pretty easy to spin the tires. I've been working on it since I got it a few months back. It's not a bad car at all, and perhaps this summer I should have a neat old daily driver.
It's pretty fun to drive the old beast.
Because imps have ear wax and cats have lips.
sho is whatever it wants to be.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those old fords tend to be a bit unkillable. While I've never done anything with that model I understand it's got some solid bang for buck and was a column change. Are parts easy to come by?

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, parts are pretty easy to find where I live.
I've got a 99 grand marquis and a 2000 crown vic cop car for parts too. I was surprised to see how much is backward/forward compatible. As far a being road legal goes, It really needs shocks and a new back bumper. I've got enough parts for the LTD to keep it going for quite a while.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're really lucky to have parts available for it. I've only had bad experiences with Japanese cars and parts - and have loved how the old Fords, Holdens and Fiats have really good compatibility and enthusiastic collectors who are frequently willing to seperate with a bit they've had in the back shed for a few dollars or beers.

You sounded like you weren't sure how long you were going to keep it road worthy. Thinking of something new or looking for a "young classic" in future?

klobb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be doing a bit of work on it. Gotta replace the rear bumper, some small fenderwell rust, and new shocks. It has all new breaks all around, new exhaust, new alternator, etc. I'd like to set up the wheels like on some old muscle cars where I have 16" wheels in the back and 17" inch wheels up front. The engine is really healthy too.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRK you're from the NZ if I recall rightly ?

I thought the Jap-bred industry thrives there

+ our SF needs a auto-enthusiast thread , stickified =}

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@mistamontiel: BWHAHAHAHAHA! You're right on the money there, except it's more along the lines of "where Japanese cars go to die". Then they get crushed, and sent back to Japan. I'm sure there's a metaphor there but I don't know what it is.

And yes - we could do with an auto SF...although my experience tends to be in vintage cars and I really get lost under the bonnet of anything made after the 70s

Nyx
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have an 1985 LTD Crown Vic. Beautiful car and it was pristine inside and out with only 200,00 miles on it. Regretted selling it. Sold it because I didn't have time to work on it...those cars will go forever.

After that I got a '96 Town Car, then someone in a stolen car smashed into it so I got an 05' Town Car limousine. Those panther platform cars (Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, Town Car) are the best cars ever made. Indestructible, comfortable land yachts. No substitutes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: