ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gadgets for Objectives and more...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Gadgets for Objectives and more... Reply with quote Back to top

In Perfect Dark, Joanna and Velvet were only assigned gadgets when they were absolutely necessary. Take for instance Defection. While playing on Agent mode, your only task was to get on the lift down in the foyer. Because of that, you weren't given any extra equipment. When you go up to Special Agent mode, you now must complete additional objectives, which required the use of ECM Mines. These are then given to the players, so they can use them accordingly. Again, stepping up to Perfect Agent mode, one final objective is tacked onto the list. This time, it's downloading files from a computer; a job that can only be done using the Data Uplink device. Once more, the gadget is placed into your starting inventory.

Question is: should GoldenEye X follow that mentality? If Bond does not need to disarm bombs on the Frigate, should he be given a defuser? And on top of that, should those bombs even appear in the level? If Bond doesn't need to intercept the data backup in Dam, should a covert modem be assigned to him? If the curcuit boards in Silo don't need to be collected, should you be able to anyway, or should they be removed?

It is questions like this that could change the way lower difficulty settings play out in comparison to harder ones. And in certain ways, it prevents players from "practicing" beating 00 Agent on regular Agent.

Personally, I am in favour of this idea. It may also require modifying parts of the briefing, to exclude information about an objective you aren't tasked with on certain difficulties. No need to have Q tell you all about something you don't have to do.

Opinions?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am for removing exclusive objective items for lower difficulties. There is no point having left over items when you will not have any use for the mission (other than practicing).

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes please remove unnecessary gadgets, items, ie if they are not needed. As you mentioned players would be practicing tasks on easier modes and then when they get to the harder ones they would have perfected (no pun intended) them. Also maybe take out body armor in 00 Agent like how GE did in Facility.

Wreck I would love for you to make solo missions a bit different from what players would expect. For instance, those the-Elite.net players who know GE and PD like the back of their hands. And those other players known as "Speed Runners". I would love for this to be challenging for them so when they play solo here it's new to them that way they won't go through this mod so easily. I also mean this as well for all players in general.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in favor. I feel like the extra inventory isn't necessary. I'm all for following the PD formula here.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD's way of doing it is certainly the more modern approach. I think I'd go with that, although I did used to like playing around with the unneeded gadgets on lower difficulties.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am agreed to all above.

If no objective then no mention in briefing nor gadget/object in level.

It makes the need to play in Perfect/00 more nessesary as oposed to being able to acomplish all within Agent.

Id also love dynamic objectives though they would need some thought.

I dont mean make the game vastly different, but some objectives that quite honestly M would not expect untill you entered the mission, should be told at that time, not before.

No example yet, but can find some.

Trev

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
I am agreed to all above.

If no objective then no mention in briefing nor gadget/object in level.

It makes the need to play in Perfect/00 more nessesary as oposed to being able to acomplish all within Agent.

Id also love dynamic objectives though they would need some thought.

I dont mean make the game vastly different, but some objectives that quite honestly M would not expect untill you entered the mission, should be told at that time, not before.

No example yet, but can find some.

Trev

I always thought Jungle's M text stating something about Bond flying low over their radar or something but having all of the objectives shown was odd, almost as if M knew he was going to crash.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm impressed you like to add more work while it is totally useless. ^^
Only few people will discover Goldeneye's mission with X, and to have useless gadgets and collectables on lower levels wouldn't disturbed them that much.

My opinion would be to stay accurate to what GE was, and even give gadget that aren't needed.
Still, if you do that, it is better. But really not necessary. Ok I know you're a perfectionnist and I like that a lot.
So, be perfectionnist and enjoy the pain to be one Very Happy. We'll love the result.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, well you are right that it can be a bit of a pain, and it does add even more work to the already heavy load, but I really want to do all the little things I can to add to realism. I never thought I would be able to modify and create action blocks, but these last few weeks have opened my mind to them a whole lot better.

Unfortunately I don't think with the way GE and PD have their objectives designed that you can add them as you go. Like if you come across the missile battery in Runway, that an objective to destroy it would be suddenly added to your list (with Bond saying something about it shooting down the plane if I don't deal with it). You do wonder how MI6 are aware of all the things you'll be facing during a mission, but I guess they just have amazing intel!

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It honestly really depends, if you go forth removing the mission objects on lower difficulty, you could be losing some of the charm from the old game. But by doing this, this can actually make the levels a lot better if you think about it. I say, I'm all for this entirely. Because Perfect Dark mode will let you lower the difficulty if you wanna mess around with the gadgets and other stuff that is tied to other difficulties, pretty much meaning Perfect dark Mode is also great for play time and some seriously hard settings you can setup.

So yeah, go with this idea, it will make Goldeneye X Solo a whole lot better in nearly every way.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It can also, in certain ways, make the experience of some levels a little different per difficulty setting, instead of it only being tougher enemies in most cases. Since you could do everything on Agent that is only required of you on 00 Agent, now those things won't be possible. This also makes unlocking a mission on a harder difficulty level more rewarding and exciting.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think with the way GE and PD have their objectives designed that you can add them as you go. Like if you come across the missile battery in Runway, that an objective to destroy it would be suddenly added to your list (with Bond saying something about it shooting down the plane if I don't deal with it). You do wonder how MI6 are aware of all the things you'll be facing during a mission, but I guess they just have amazing intel!

Should be able to with Zoinkity's Never Say Never Again patch. I requested it, never got around to making anything that took advantage of the feature. That obviously only applies to the original game, though, not PD.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of not having gadgets when you don't need them, def PD style Smile
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's a fantastic idea actually, and given that it's your own creation and not a hard and fast copy there'll always be a chance to improve on setups from GE where you see fit.

Trippy_Hippie
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love this idea, because Goldeneye X is all about updating Goldeneye with what made Perfect Dark so great, so it only makes sense to do this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: