ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Need help with GE Setup Editor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Need help with GE Setup Editor Reply with quote Back to top

Hai,

I've recently started messing around with GoldenEye Setup Editor, and I want to create solo missions from already existing multiplayer levels (like Complex and Citadel). I've run into trouble, though; whenever I inject it into the ROM and I start it up, it won't work and displays a black screen. I've deleted all the multiplayer spawn points, I inserted a solo spawn preset, and I've even tried setting up an objective and spawn weapons/ammo, but it never works. I'm quite lost as to what I should do, so I thought I'd come here to ask for help.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, that's a bit more advanced thing to do to take a multiplayer level into solo. There's a tutorial for the opposite, but I think it's still relevant:

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=38

If that is not enough, I can help you write it out step by step to assist on what to do.

The best way I would do, is 21990, inject bg/clipping and copy settings files from multi, to a solo level, click edit solo in visual, make a setup. Whenever want to test, click import solo from visual, and write ROM.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You registered almost nine years ago and this is just your third post? That must be some kind of record, hehe. Glad you remembered the forum and interest in modding the game has sparked up. Smile

Also make sure you have a character cuff set in the Intro Block. I'm not sure if there is one the game defaults to if none is determined in the setup file.

It could be that you need to rename a mission setup file for the level you are creating a new mission for. Like UsetupdamZ renamed as UsetuprefZ for Complex. If there is no solo setup, the game will crash.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I followed the tutorial you linked (where applicable), and it worked the first time without any problems. However, the next few times I tried, it didn't work and the ROM wouldn't even load. I even reinstalled the setup editor, redid the setup file, remade the 21990... but it still doesn't work. It's weird, even when I didn't do anything different from the first time, it still freezes. I've uploaded the setup file and the 21990 file if you want to take a look at it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4-2Xsrp3Z86ZUVFcllqcS1nOGc

Quote:
You registered almost nine years ago and this is just your third post? That must be some kind of record, hehe.

Quality over quantity, I guess XD

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got it to work again Smile Apparently, when I import a 21990 file in the game configurator, it appears to corrupt the ROM. Everything seems to work well, except for when I enter the next room with the guards still alive, the game seems to lag (every few frames it halts for a split second).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh right the problem is the multi levels don't have path networks, so you need to add them or guards don't function and crazy lag game. There's a tutorial on that on vault.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That did it, the guards now properly follow me as well Smile

I've stumbled upon a new problem. I made an action block that spawns a guard upstairs once. That works, but when I restart the level after having been in the same room as where the guard spawned, it freezes with a black screen, failing to load the level.

I just made the spawning as a basic test, to see if I can spawn guards properly (apparently not yet) before using the spawns with conditionals etc.

Screenshots for the action blocks in case you need to look at them: http://imgur.com/a/YMWs1

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The check syntax button can help to find trouble. I don't see anything unusual with your blocks there though, they look formed correctly to me. You sure it's that?

Perhaps you need to adjust allocations in 21990 for that level?

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I removed both action blocks, and it works correctly again. Every time I start the level consecutively after visiting the room, it loads just fine. The check syntax button didn't find anything, so it looks like the action blocks are correct, but they seem to cause problems somehow.

As for the allocations, I copied Complex' allocation string into Depot (which is the level slot I use).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok, so you want more of a solo set of allocations - multi ones probably are not going to work right for solo levels. Copy one from a solo level.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used Depot's allocations now, and I still have the same problem. It's really weird, since the first time I load it everything just works fine.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you set emulator settings for rom?

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I normally use 1964, but I started up Project64, edited the ROM settings to match the ones in the tutorial, but I still get the same problem.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a new question/problem. I've recently started messing around with the Perfect Dark level pack in the GE Setup Editor. I'm now trying to get Area 52 to load (don't worry, I haven't abandoned the Complex mission, I'm working on it alongside this). I can load the project succesfully in the editor, but whenever I change anything in the setup file, I can't load it anymore. If I save the changed setup file and use "Open Project" later, the editor crashes. It doesn't matter what I do, even if I just make the level barebones, or change the intro blocks, or insert a spawn point, it will crash if I save the setup and reload the project. I even tried using a blank setup file, inserting one clipping triangle in it and adding one solo spawn point. I got it to load once in the emulator, but when I reopened the project in the editor, no luck, it crashed again. Whenever I can't load it, I replace Ump_setuparea52Z.bin with the original one that came with the level pack installer, and it opens the project succesfully again.

When I save the setup, I use "Save Setup Uncompressed" to overwrite Ump_setuparea52Z.bin, by the way. I don't know if that has anything to do with it? If I use "Save as Project", it won't save the setup file, so when I reopen the project, it goes back to the stock setup file.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you zip up the project folder that crashes, the folder, and your levelmacros.ini. I'll see if I can figure out whats going wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: