ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The new Facility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: The new Facility Reply with quote Back to top

I just thought i try to edit a new level. and its facility.

i want to add some rooms (especially the cafeteria). but for sure it need some time because i have to learn this programm. its 1000 times better than blender/deled/hammer etc...

And then i thought about a new Objective:
Meet trevelyan in cafeteria or something like that (or walk through with him from that room to the level and then to the gas tank room like in the movie

Some work:

Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting new use for the vents. Hopefully you can get the clipping for the drop to work properly. It's far more complex in GoldenEye than it is in Perfect Dark. Keep us updated on it, as well as your Runway level.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well thats the other problem. I can´t do the clipping. Someone else have to do it.

To edit those levels is much more difficult than creating one from scrath because of the size and the snap of the polygons, but i will working on it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, that vent exit wont work because the connection between it and the floor will block the hallway.

You would need to shift it to the side so that the connection can run down the wall.

About grid snap. During Runtime all verticies are placed at whole integers.

While the level is designed in floating point, it is safe enough to get the level scaled to 1:1 and then connect the vents at whole numbers (Grid 1 in other words)

You can then either re-import the room or add in editor.

The best thing to do would be to take the assosiated rooms, highlight the verticies at your new connections, snap to grid.
Then re-import the rooms.
The untouched verts will re-connect to original level, while the snapped verts will allow connecting to new geometry.

Trev

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I don´t know exactly what you mean. translating you sentence in german is little bit difficult for me.

I keep the oririgal size in the editor, so that shouldn´t be a problem anymore. And if this seems to be difficult with the clipping, than we could use perfect dark to import level.

I will keep on designing the level, and then we all should looking for a way how to get this into the editor because I´m very bad with working in the editor.

BUT we will get it, I´m sure. I really want to play this ^^, and I think other also want

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: