ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Question about secondary functions?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Question about secondary functions? Reply with quote Back to top

Since you cannot use odd dual welds in PD (I think?).

How would something like the RC-P90/Gernade launcher in Jungle work in in GE:X? I thought making it a unique single-weld weapon would work, where the primary function is the RC-P90, and the secondary function is the Grenade launcher. Like how the Super dragon does so.

Of course, that seems stupid, but I think it would work? As GE:X does have a ton of extra weapon slots for so (Hence the large amount of Psychosis guns when using all weapons).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

An enemy character in missions should be able to use different types of pairings, and even dual-wield weapons that players can not. Jaws seems fine in Aztec using 2x AR33's, where humans can not do so. Though I am not sure it has been tested yet, I think Xenia in Jungle with her unique RC-P90 and Grenade Launcher combo should be OK.

Players would pick up each weapon she drops individually, without being able to pair them, though.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew that NPCs could do impossible weapon parings, actually.

But I was wondering if that should be a feature for more authentic gameplay. Since the Super-Dragon's secondary feature has no use in GE:X.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, days ago I was thinking how cool the AR33 would be with a grenade launcher attachement. Of course this is venturing out of the realm of the Original Goldeneye.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im fine with the idea that the weapons will be usable seperatly by player.

The M16 is not an M4, as far as I know, the M16 does not have a Grenade Launcher attachment, only the newer M4.

Just researched and found the newer M16 does allow for grenade launcher, but its not the model used in GE, GE was M16A1.

Trev

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to give A secondary Single burst shot for the AR33? I wouldn't think a secondary single burst mode would be too unrealistic for GE.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you hold a shoulder button to zoom in with either the KF7 or AR33, you can fire one bullet at a time. So a function to do that isn't really necessary.

I also thought the AR33 would be a better choice to have a grenade launcher attachment. But, of course, that is quite a change from the original game. If this were a brand new Bond game, I would definitely consider it.

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is true, but there is no way to zoom back from aiming and trying to conserve ammunition while being close to enemies while having three round bursts is a pain, but it is understandable not to have in when trying to keep it with the Goldeneye style.

Is there plans on having the silencer De/reattachable on weapons that can use them? I.E. The PP7/DK5 I'd see that being more reasonable possibly with the PP7 but I'm not sure how the animation would work for the Dk5

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you wanted to change the M16 into either the M4 or M16A4 its not much of a model change.
The A4 removes the trangular prism foregrip and replaces it with a cylindrical one with RIS rails.
The A4 has other changes, but as far as GE is concerned thats about it.

The M4 is a carbine sporting a telescopic buttstock and shorter cylindrical foregrip with RIS and shorter barrel.

As far as GE is concernded, thats all that is required.

You could then model the M203 Grenade Launcher attachment for either.

[strikethrough]
Oh, One other change Id probably make to the M16 regardless is to make the magazine longer.
The GE model shows the Veitnam 20rnd Mag yet its loaded with 30.
The 30rnd mag is 50mm longer with a slight kink in it at the 20rnd mark
In fact... its so quick to do ill post it here
[/strikethrough]

Actually... Ive just looked at the model and a few things jump at me...
First they did use the right mag size for the first person model (but not the prop one)
they have used a conical foregrip (1/2 way between triangular prism and cylindrical, I guess they were unsure)

There is one solution that doesnt require changing the model from A1.
Muzzle Fired Grenade Round (Rifle Granade, maybe youve seen one in COD)

This sticks on the end of the rifle (Like the RPG in GE) and when you fire a bullet, it plunges into putty and the kinnetic energy launches the grenade.

To accomplich the effect in PD Id assume using the "Explosive round" secondary with the model tree switches set to show the grenade round when in secondary mode.
Not sure how to reload though...
Oh, well, it imediatly returns to normal and to fire another you switch to secondary again.
The only problem is also counting grenade rounds... I think the better error is rifle rounds so secondary would probably just be like dragon.

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ENGLISH:

In my opinion I think it may be easier to extract from "TWINE" gun model MP5A2 and port it to GEX. By this I do not mean that we forget the original model of GE, I would like it to be more of a bonus weapon in the cheat menu. even perhaps you can let the unique character using this model is Xenia weapon in the mission of the Jungle.

This weapon functions in "TWINE" are very similar to what you want in this forum, perhaps in the first function this gun is faster and more powerful than GE:
Primary function: Shoot as AR33
second function: Shoot as GE grenade launcher and grenade launchers or Desvastator using PD animation.

I am in favor of secondary functions for some weapons GEX. eg KF7 may have the second function "fire three bursts" as the AK of "TWINE".

I have a question about gun models. it is difficult to extract and carry weapons from other games of N64 GEX PD or?. I will say this has nothing to do with GEX, but if ever I would like to see the MAG60 of Turok2 operating in PD with animations and functions MagSec PD-9.

SPANISH:

en mi opinion creo que puede resultar mas sencillo extraer de "TWINE" el modelo del arma MP5A2 y portarlo a GEX. con esto no quiero decir que nos olvidemos del modelo original de GE , a mi me gustaria que fuera mas bien un arma de bonificacion en el menu de trucos. incluso tal vez se puede dejar que el unico personaje que use este modelo de arma sea Xenia en la mision de la Jungla.

las funciones de este arma en "TWINE" son muy parecidas a lo que se quiere en este foro, tal vez en la primera funcion este arma sea mas rapida y potente que en GE:
primera funcion: disparar como el AR33
segunda funcion: disparar como el lanzagranadas de GE, y usando la animacion lanzagranadas o Desvastator de PD.

estoy a favor de funciones secundarias para algunas armas de GEX. por ejemplo el KF7 puede tener la segunda funcion de " disparar 3 rafagas " como el AK de "TWINE".

una pregunta que tengo acerca de modelos de arma. es dificil extraer y portar armas desde otros juegos de N64 a PD o GEX ?. esto que voy a decir no tiene nada que ver con GEX , pero si me gustaria alguna vez ver el MAG60 de Turok2 funcionando en PD con las animaciones y funciones de la MagSec-9 de PD.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Starun, but your last part is probably more relavent here, its easier to import a new model than it is to port from TWINE.

You also cannot port any functionality.

Why would you want to replace the M16 with an MP5? You know the MP5 is already in GE right? (D5K)

I dont think that anyone said they were not in vavour of secondaries, I think the topic has been about the jungle scenario so perhaps the thread title is wrong.

About the silencer, I think wreck already mentioned that he wanted to control when the silencer could be used just like in GE (And PD for that matter) so having it as a secondary would remove that control.
You would also loose the Pistol Whip unless you had the TT33.

What would have been cool would have been a Tertiary funtion where if you have no ammo and have the gun drawn it then uses pistol whip.

Animations by the way, were it to go down that road, would be the same.
Hold MP5 in 1 hand, left hand hides, reapears with silencer and screws on, then left hand grips forestock again.

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi trevor:

I think I was wrong when I said MP5 name. I estava referring me to the gun Mustany MAR-4GL, Munstang MAR-4GL, this gun seems to be similar to AR33 in TWINE.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, hehe no problem saturn.
The Mustang M4 is a Colt 609 and shares the main build with an M16/M4

I found some Pics for comparisons.

M16A1 with M203 GL (I had thought this didnt exist, but here we have it)

M4 with M203 GL (Note that we can skip the scope, attached below is standard carry handle varient.)

M4 with carry handle

Colt 609. Note the lack of "Indent" in the barrel and the extra long flash hider. This cannot be fitted with a GL despite what TWINE says

As you can see, any of these models are really a quick change at GE's level of detail. Its just up to wreck which road we go down.

Speaking of detail, Im surprised that TWINE is listed as the 609 and not just "M4"... its an older game and not really detailed enugh to make that call.

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I made a version with the underbarrel nade launcher. Added the trigger and trigger guard from the KF7.

(Sorry for the weird lighting, that's how I set up Blender)

It's 238 polys, which is lower than the PD Sniper. So I'd say it's use-able.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, hehe, yeah... purple lighting is odd Razz

Anyway, Good idea on the trigger, that works

Good to have kept the ribbed foregrip the same spacing

Problem, what is the bolt texture for?
The M203 is a 40mm tube (well, internal 40mm dia, thickness included id say about 45mm) with a sliding foregrip.
The Sliding foregrip slides along the smooth portion so that a grenade round can be loaded into the tube between the foregrip and trigger segments.
As you have a bolt texture on the smooth portion, this would stop the foregrip sliding therefore rendering the GL useless Razz

I also want to ask if you made is based soley on the pictures or if you took measurements?

While you are editing the model, like the AK in the other thread, make sure the bolt is on the right and the left is plain.

Of course, the M16 Base Frame (the center portion with bolt, this is common accross the whole series) actually doesnt have a cocking handle attached to the bolt. Instead the cocking handle is attached to the back and pulled back allong the buttstock.
Internally the handle is a long hook that pulls the bolt back, but as a hook, the bolt is not able to pull the handle back.
This was done because moving cocking handles were considered dangerous.

Of course, the other thing here is that wreck has not yet said the direction he is going. Razz

Trev

P.S. By the way Filler, I hope you dont think I am always critisising you. I know that modeling is hard and I have learned a lot from mistakes where there wasnt a lot of feedback.
All I am trying to do is give direction rather than not saying anything helpfull.
Just thought Id express this since there are now a number of my posts I am aways of sounding critical. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: