ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark XBLA (Unreleased) OST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vivi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark XBLA (Unreleased) OST Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone! Long Ago, I took it upon myself to gather up the xbla soundtrack of perfect dark. Most looping once, but in high quality. Here's the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7me0jo6hn4010fg/Perfect+Dark+XBLA+%28Unreleased%29+OST.zip

Also, the weapon, menu and some environmental sfx from pd xbla:
*These sfxs where ripped directly from the game.

Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bfoc9dxcs0e9lne/Perfect+Dark+XBLA+Weapon+%26+Environmental+SFX.zip

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Backing up in-case Media fire is a jerk and removes them.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
These sfxs where ripped directly from the game.
Unfortunately the samples have reverb on them from the engine. RWP already has a rip done with the original raw data that has no reverb or reconverting in case anyone was wondering http://www.therwp.com/downloads/perfect-dark-xbla-sound-pack

One thing I noticed about the XBLA port was some of the music was not accurately ported over. When you compare the original Area 51 Inflitration compared with the XBLA version, there is no reverb on the snare hits and the strings are not even playing the same notes. https://web.archive.org/web/20170720002809if_/https://files.catbox.moe/1egeyx.mp3

Last edited by pavarini on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also got some new headphones. And was the XBLA audio quality always that mediocre?

I remember it sounding pretty good when I had my old headset on the N64 version.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all of these.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="pavarini"]
Quote:
One thing I noticed about the XBLA port was some of the music was not accurately ported over. When you compare the original Area 51 Inflitration compared with the XBLA version, there is no reverb on the snare hits and the strings are not even playing the same notes.

I actually got in touch with Grant Kirkhope regarding the issue, and he stated: "It'll be something to do with the key maps and the sample rate, the lower the sample rate the bigger the note range."

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this sounds a bit off topic but I was wondering if you can still get in touch with Grant Kirkhope, can you ask him how it's possible to get the sampling rates to sound exact from Goldeneye onto Perfect Dark. The reason why I say this is cause there are some instruments in GE-X that are either missing or you can't hear them loud and clear enough in PD like the way they sounded in GE. Maybe he can help with the instrument sound issues?

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Instrument porting can be done in PerfectGold.

You load up Game Config in both GE and PD and go to sounds.

You can then check that all the keybases, keys, samplerates etc are identical.

After that theres not much else to do, if something is still off then it must be elsewhere, maybe in making the sound Dolby 5.1 Suround.

Im sure Grant Kirkhope would say the same, but no harm inasking.

Trev

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I am beginning to believe. The sounds in GE-X are not in Dolby Surround sound on the PD sound engine. If they were, the music would be identical to how they sounded exactly like in GE. Ask Grant about the Dolby Surround sound and if it makes a difference if one wanted GE music and sounds to be exact.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
That's what I am beginning to believe. The sounds in GE-X are not in Dolby Surround sound on the PD sound engine. If they were, the music would be identical to how they sounded exactly like in GE. Ask Grant about the Dolby Surround sound and if it makes a difference if one wanted GE music and sounds to be exact.

You actually have that backwards, the sounds in GEX ARE in 5.1 surround, its the engine that applies it.

Both games used mono sounds, which both engines send to left/right speakers and aditionally in PD BackLeft/BackRight.

The only reason I mentioned 5.1 is due to its encoding of rear channels.
Rear channels are 1/2 wave offset meaning that they cancel each other out at the front while the rear delays the sound for 1/2 wave to allow you to hear the sound again.
You could Read up on wave theory to get a better handle on cancelation and amplification of waves. Smile

Trev

Last edited by Trevor on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nonetheless, still ask Grant about putting GE music and sounds in PD's sound engine. He definitely would know more since he himself worked on the music in both games. So he should know the differences and what works to get the music and sounds to sound the same in PD.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He wasn't the sound programmer nor would he know much about what fans do to the engine. If anyone would know it would be Martin Penny, but I doubt he would remember much about a game he worked on over 15 years ago.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got a better idea. Contact Grant Kirkhope and ask him if he knows how you can get in touch with Martin Penny. Tell him you want to speak to him about the sound differences between both games and that you want to ask him if GE music and sounds can sound 100% accurate in PD's sound engine. Sorry for getting back late on this reply.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: