ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Aztec
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Aztec Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I know. How many threads were there about, "liek zomfg how do i beat aztec iz so hardlOLOL!11". Well yeah, that's me right there. People say there's shortcuts, and there's a "No Jaws" strategy. And there's millions of Aztec walkthroughs out there that just don't help at all.

Kind of a bold question but... What is the number 1 way to go about beating Aztec the fastest and easiest. A method like that probably doesn't exist but... Something's got to come close to it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are some Elite videos you could watch. Check it out under links at the main page to this board. You do know of the door in the second room across the platform. Take your time with that level. It is one of the hardest ones. Cool

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Zippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
Take your time with that level. It is one of the hardest ones. Cool

Yes I've known that..... But oh my god! How the living hell do you do the door trick for the guidance data. I could've sworn I did it like Wouter. What's the secret here...?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Faraz Parsa
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zippy wrote:
Maxout wrote:
Take your time with that level. It is one of the hardest ones. Cool

Yes I've known that..... But oh my god! How the living hell do you do the door trick for the guidance data. I could've sworn I did it like Wouter. What's the secret here...?

Years of practice...?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Practice what?! What are the things I gotta remember like... Is there a special length of time I must perform the trick? Or any place I stand while the enemies open the glass door? Or... What?

Faraz Parsa
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zippy wrote:
Practice what?! What are the things I gotta remember like... Is there a special length of time I must perform the trick? Or any place I stand while the enemies open the glass door? Or... What?

It's contex exclusive. He probably plays each map throughout 20 times to get the hang of it and then speed-runs through them. As for the door, I'm not sure because it always just opens for me.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you do it exactly 100% like Wouter did?

Faraz Parsa
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zippy wrote:
Did you do it exactly 100% like Wouter did?

Well...No...
Maybe he cheated? Surprised Surprised Surprised

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember beating Aztec without cheats.Well it was hard.

Faraz Parsa
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

justin p demafilis wrote:
I...Aztec without cheats...

Surprised Surprised Surprised

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What? Did I do something wrong?

Faraz Parsa
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have I, Aztec, and Without Cheats in the same sentence. Surprised

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand what was wrong with Justin's sentence.
Why are you pointing out those three specific things?

The guys on The Elite do not use cheats, unless noted. There is a Turbo Mode section, where the point is to use the cheat and complete the stage in the fastest time possible. Wouter is an absolutely incredible gamer, who has dominated the GoldenEye records for a long time. Believe me, he is legit. He has probably played through the Aztec a thousand times, trying to figure out the quickest routes and enemy behaviour. There is no way to totally replicate a run through, due to the randomness of enemies and your own controls. It may be extremely similar, but never exact. I've only gotten them to unlock the glass doors two or three times. It's a pain in the butt to pull off, but there has to be a way to get it working on a regular basis.

Faraz Parsa
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I don't understand what was wrong with Justin's sentence.
Why are you pointing out those three specific things?

Because those words can't be in the same sent---screw it. It was a joke. Meaning that you can't beat Aztec without cheast. Razz You can, but you guys didn't get it. Rolling Eyes

The Extremist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Faraz Parsa wrote:
You can, but you guys didn't get it. Rolling Eyes

The comment didn't make sense because it is possible to beat it without cheats.

A better comment would be to say "Wow! Good job!".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: