ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1VS1 STRATEEGY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bloodyscientist
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: 1VS1 STRATEEGY Reply with quote Back to top

So Ive been doing campaign for a bit and thought I was getting pretty good at this. Then I played my friend who hasn't played this game in forever and he beat me one game. I beat him in all the other ones but we played Facility 1vs1, and the thing with this level is that is small enough and has 2 body armors that once you catch a rhythm its hard to turn it around. And we were playing pistols. So he was able to go back get body armor and more ammo for his magnum while I re-spawned near a pp7 or in the bathroom with the magnum but only 6 shots and no body armor because he had already grabbed it and was on his way to bust my @$%. So how would you get around this? I would think the better player would win and I did in other boards such as Bunker which is big enough and I knew it better than he did. Regardless I still think the better player should be able to pull it off but I got so frustrated lol.

I think my strafing is not on point, I here about these concepts like "speed strafing" or "circle strafing" but I haven't seen videos showing them in action.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Facility is a bit of a gut wrench level. If you die first, it's a really tough level to bounce back on. A bit of luck required on your regens.

bloodyscientist
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ive always found the same problem with Temple unless theres more than 2 players.

I think Bunker is big enough and has 2 body armors so you can prevent this a little better in a 1v1. Where else do you like to play 1v1?

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hard to pick one over the other. All the levels in 2P are pretty darn intense. Caverns and Egyptian aren't exactly high on my play list, but they still provide a bit more breathing room as it were. I've been watching some old tournament footage (2P) and the gameplay is pretty intense I must say. Lots of bad decisions can be made when somebody is chasing you down!

bloodyscientist
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By the way I am just wondering, does the auto aim prevent you from making head shots? I think sometimes I aim up while retrieving or moving and I find the crosshair to be centered on the enemie's body. And do you personally use auto aim for 1v1?

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the opponent is unarmed, it disables the auto aim. We played with Auto Aim OFF so I can't say for sure how big a factor it is. I don't recall it being overly drastic and would take your gun away from a headshot if you had it lined up. The first tournament we used auto aim on, but in hindsight I should have listened to one of the players and ask everyone's feeling on it. His point was that it made headshots more difficult.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I think auto-aim goes for the torso of any armed character in range. Unless in a mission where certain flags are set to prevent the player from locking onto someone like Natalya. So headshots are far more difficult to pull off, unless you are manually aiming with the crosshairs.

The Dr. No custom cheat by Zoinkity is nifty. It removes all the armour pickups in the map, keeping players on an even playing field. Can't recall if there is a GameShark code version or not.

As an alternative, GoldenEye X allows you to select what pickups are available in the stage. Picking something like Automatics from the list, changing to Custom, and switching the Body Armor to Nothing will get rid of it completely.

Edit: Found the GameShark code...

"Dr. No (no BA)#8"
812AF254 4472
812AF256 2E20
812AF258 4E6F
812AF25A 0000
80069651 0001
8104EFBA 45C0
D00696A1 0001
8104EFBA 4AFC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: