ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sky Box 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Sky Box 2 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to know how to do this in version 2 but I can't get it now.
I made an action block that will switch to sky 2 but I don't know where to set it on 21990. I mean I see Small Sky#, Small Sky ID, Normal sky# and Normal Sky ID but I don't see were to actually edit the values. I do see 2P,3P and 4P but I got no clue what that changes.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It should be same as v2. You in top right adjust another levels sky id to the alternate one for your level. Now go to your level and 1p alt should appear. Edit it as desired.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so before I fiddle with the 21990 again, I'd like to confirm if this action block is even used correctly. Even though there are no errors shown.

E9
F4

I know I'm using E9 instead of FB but is that the reason why In testing it isn't working?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Test it in facility in a new setup (you know for sure it has an alt sky). Once it works there, take to your own level.

Rey

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well everything worked on the action block fine but Sky didn't change. So I tried FB and same thing. I looked at Crypt for a reference but I don't think I'll work out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just make sure there is indeed an alternate sky set in 21990 to the correct level ID. I believe it is level ID + 64. So Dam would be 21 + 64 = 85? Facility should be 86? I don't know how the Editor handles that exactly, since I am more used to manually setting that stuff up. This could confuse even more, hehe.

But don't worry, you can definitely swap to a second sky on command. You just need for all the pieces to fit together perfectly. If still having issues, I am sure someone can help if that is the last thing missing for your level.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this will help but here goes....

Everything for editing a sky is on the "stage options" tab under 21990 modifications.

First of all does the level you are editing already have a 1p-alt sky? this is easy to find out, lets say you are editing Train, select the train level from the drop down list at the top left of this tab and at the bottom left you will see a drop down list box with "1p" in it, this is where you select the sky's for this level and as you can see train already has a 1p-alt sky available so you can just edit it, job done Smile

But what if your level doesn't have a 1p-alt sky, lets say you are editing Bunker 1, this level doesn't have a 1p-alt sky so you go over to the top right where you can see "Normal Sky #" you have to pick a sky between 00-2F you aren't using, you can tell what sky is being used directly underneath by "Normal Sky Id" so for my example I'm going to use sky24-Citadel 1p because that sky isn't being used and I'm going to change it to sky24-Bunker 1 1p-alt, so it will look like this:

Normal Sky # 24
Normal Sky Id 00000029 Cradle 1p

to:
Normal Sky # 24
Normal Sky Id 0000006D Bunker 1 1P-Alt

So now you can select Bunker 1 from the top left drop down list and in the bottom left drop down list you will see 1P-Alt, select this and edit as you please.

I think I may have over explained Smile hope it helps.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Rey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I managed to get it working but I did a completely different action. Not sure if I done it the proper way but it sure turned out much better then I thought. Still the whole 00,01,02 thing I still don't get much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: