ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GSCC_XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: GSCC_XP Reply with quote Back to top

I've been using GSCC_XP program and it detects my Gameshark perfectly, but once I click Code List it freezes. I really want to try these good cheats and I won't rest until I get this fixed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had this same problem back when I first got started back into hacking about a year or so ago. GSCC would crash at the Code List each and every time I would try opening it. I ended up having to replace files with that from another version. Considering that those in the zip file were from my PC, I'm unsure as to why they don't work. Try going through the options and check to see that everything is set up properly.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a hidden file or two that might have come with the download. One is a .pif that sets where it looks for a code list. Either you can create a code list in whatever directy it looks for or you can probably delete the file so it needs to make a new one. That should get around the problem. I'll check on that later though and get back to you

Zippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is no .pif file.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there Gscc for Mac?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, here's the gist of it:
I'm stupid. The .pif is created for the help file. You don't even need it.

GSCC sets up some registry entries. RUN regedit, then search for GSCC. In the subkey "Game Shark Code Creator 2000", there will be an entry for the address of the code file. Double-click the thing to change it, or create a file called codes.txt at that location. That will fix the problem.

It might be worth creating a reg-entry deleter for this. (a sort of uninstall thing) I'll test it, and if it works out okay post the thing.

--There isn't a mac one, sorry to say. If someone with windows 98 wouldn't mind running a trace on the rom upload/download routine, something generic can be built that would do the same thing, however. That's about the only feature the general community hasn't figured out yet.

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well there has to be one like it that runs on Mac.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

(this post should probably be copied into all gameshark listy-thingies)

One huge issue with GSCC is that if you move it to any other folder it will crash when you try to open the code list, etc. It uses a series of registry entries to set various file locations, and often time if these locations are invalid it causes nasty issues. So, the linked zip allows you to reset the entries, allowing you to either choose a new code file destination or simply reseting all the values as if you had never loaded it at all (concider it a bit like an "uninstall")

http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/downloads/GSCC_Reset.zip

-Zoinkity

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

genius. Very Happy zoink if you ever think about leaving the goldeneye clan I'll have to kill ya. j/k. I'm glad however that you know so much!! GE would be a lost classic without you and Wreckster. keep this up and I'm sure we'll have FULL uploaders of every level. awesome work once again. Cool Smile Wink Razz Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: