ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Adding Gameplay Elements to Perfect Dark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocMidnyte
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Adding Gameplay Elements to Perfect Dark Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,
I am a huge fan of both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and have even introduced them to my fiancee, who also loves them in multiplayer.

I wondered, has anyone ever wanted to add small gameplay elements to the multiplayer, like leaning to the left or right, or adding crates and other objects to hide behind? I know these are not native elements to the game, but thought they might be nice enhancements that will still keep the game 's spirit intact.

basédexe5ithaccount
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Adding Gameplay Elements to Perfect Dark Reply with quote Back to top

DocMidnyte wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am a huge fan of both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and have even introduced them to my fiancee, who also loves them in multiplayer.

I wondered, has anyone ever wanted to add small gameplay elements to the multiplayer, like leaning to the left or right, or adding crates and other objects to hide behind? I know these are not native elements to the game, but thought they might be nice enhancements that will still keep the game 's spirit intact.

Zombies are a good idea though.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can certianly add objects to multiplayer using PerfectGold.

As for lean left/right, im affraid not. that would require adding new code. that said, if you are an assembly programmer you may try and add it.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you not compare leaning to hold shoulder button and step out (strafe button)? Lets you peek out from corners and get some shots off on opponents. Definitely useful during missions.

The GoldenEditor / Perfect Editor allows users to modify aspects of each level, so you could plop in some crates to use as cover. You can change around the spawning points, weaponry, body armour, etc. Lots of fun stuff you can do, but I guess you either need an EverDrive64 or 64Drive (or similar) to play on console, or play it on an emulator.

DocMidnyte
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input everyone. I don't think I've tried that shoulder lean thing. I will give it a shot.

I know nothing about coding. I'm just one of those gamers( who probably annoys coders) who has a dream of the perfect game for himself and would love to see it realized somehow. I am open to learning a new skill, but wonder how long it would take to go from knowing nothing to learning about how to do this kind of thing. Maybe it would be easier to change the Goldeneye Source game, but then there's the weapons...

There is something incredibly, pardon the pun, "perfect" about the game experience of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark in terms of what makes a corridor shooter fun and tense, as opposed to any of the gazillion modern shooters that have far more advanced graphics and maps, but just don't give me that thrill.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To make edits to objects in existing GoldenEye and Perfect Dark levels is very easy with the Editor we all use. You don't need coding experience (I have none) to play with level setups, so really anybody - with enough time and patience - can customize a multiplayer map with new objects and items. Such as adding metal crates for cover in Temple, or some hovercars in Car Park.

DocMidnyte
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote Back to top

Are there youtube tutorials? Maybe I will try!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are probably some tutorials on the download website, as well...

www.goldeneyevault.com

basédexe5ithaccount
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Could you not compare leaning to hold shoulder button and step out (strafe button)? Lets you peek out from corners and get some shots off on opponents. Definitely useful during missions.

The GoldenEditor / Perfect Editor allows users to modify aspects of each level, so you could plop in some crates to use as cover. You can change around the spawning points, weaponry, body armour, etc. Lots of fun stuff you can do, but I guess you either need an EverDrive64 or 64Drive (or similar) to play on console, or play it on an emulator.
dude on the project 64, i found a new sound and it sounds like a beta gunshot and its 4048

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: