ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stronglime
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I would like to modify your code to add 2 player support for the mouse injector using two mouses (Tricky, but possible using raw input). Maybe you could help me out with the player 2 crosshair addresses? Send me a PM of your steam/skype/whatever.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stronglime wrote:
Hi, I would like to modify your code to add 2 player support for the mouse injector using two mouses (Tricky, but possible using raw input). Maybe you could help me out with the player 2 crosshair addresses? Send me a PM of your steam/skype/whatever.
this would be so sick!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theunbeholden
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Crosshair movement is weapon sway, you can lower this until it disables. Have you tried increasing mouse sensitivity?

Mouse sensitivity affects horizontal speed ALOT more than the vertical speed. Damn near impossible to hit anything.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

theunbeholden wrote:
Mouse sensitivity affects horizontal speed ALOT more than the vertical speed. Damn near impossible to hit anything.

Have you downloaded the latest version (4 dec)? I've replaced the input code to read from the driver instead of using screen coords. This means mouse acceleration is no longer affecting the mouse injector.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to fix the random 30 FPS caps on GE:X. Like how the Mouse Injector does with PD?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
Would it be possible to fix the random 30 FPS caps on GE:X. Like how the Mouse Injector does with PD?

It already does that with GE:X (it detects as PD). Providing you have the latest version and use 1964x9 it is very minimal. I haven't found a way to completely solve this though.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I just registered here to ask a question...

I've been wanting to try playing Goldeneye and Perfect Dark with the keyboard and mouse, but every time I get the ambition to try it, I read that various features don't work properly, and from what I can tell, this seems to be the result of forcing the games to run at a higher framerate than they were originally intended.

I know this is tantamount to blasphemy to even ask this, but is it possible to run these games at their original 30FPS and avoid the various problems that the increased framerate causes?

I know that 60FPS is considered the holy grail of video gaming, but personally, I'd rather have the games play at their original, slower framrate and work properly rather than speed them up and break things.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha no it isn't blasphemy to ask. You can run GE or PD with 1964Slow.exe. Slow being a non-overclocked version of 1964. Or you can use Project64 which I posted in the first page. While both of these will still run a little faster than the real hardware, they are the closest you can get to the original vision of Rare.

Project64 w/ mouse injector: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=64052#64052

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Haha no it isn't blasphemy to ask. You can run GE or PD with 1964Slow.exe. Slow being a non-overclocked version of 1964. Or you can use Project64 which I posted in the first page. While both of these will still run a little faster than the real hardware, they are the closest you can get to the original vision of Rare.

Project64 w/ mouse injector: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=64052#64052

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the 1964 bundle, but was confused about the differences between the EXE versions. I somehow got the impression that the framerate was separate and that the overclocked versions were just to smooth out other aspects of the games. I thought it would try to give you 60FPS no matter which one you used.

I've actually downloaded earlier versions of this, but I was always hesitant to run them because they usually came from links on a YouTube video and I never knew the source. I did once try to configure Project64 to use a mouse using the common input plugins, but it didn't work very well. Smile

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gave this a shot yesterday night, after spending half an hour trying to figure out how to get my 360 controller working with this I can say that it was def worth it!

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PaRaDoX wrote:
Gave this a shot yesterday night, after spending half an hour trying to figure out how to get my 360 controller working with this I can say that it was def worth it!
Sorry PaRaDoX but I'm not quite sure what you mean. Does this mean this mouse injector tool works with gaming controllers as well? If so, how?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From the bundle readme -

Use DarkMan's DInput for keyboard and mouse and use N-Rage for USB controllers. If there is no input plugins to choose from then you need to install DirectX (9.0c or later).
--
Q: Can I run Perfect Dark at 60 frames per second without a mouse?
A: You can by leaving the Mouse Injector running in the background without pressing 4.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
Sorry PaRaDoX but I'm not quite sure what you mean. Does this mean this mouse injector tool works with gaming controllers as well? If so, how?

I meant that I simply wanted to use my 360 controller, and not the mouse controls.
I did get it to work, which is great.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing with this and it seems to work great. Smile

I've actually never played Goldeneye or Perfect Dark past the first level before because I could never deal with using the analog stick for aiming, so it's great to finally be able to play these games.

I do have a question about the graphic plugins though.

The ReadMe file says that Jabo's plugin doesn't emulate water. Can you elaborate on this? So far the only water I've seen has been below the dam and it seemed to render it just fine.

Of the other plugins, Shunyuan's SoftGraphic 1.5.0 is too slow to use on my system. Likewise, GLideN64 rev.f17c716 is also too slow to use and doesn't even work correctly for me. All the colors are screwed up on the logos, the main menu is just blotches of color, etc. On the other hand, GLideN64 'Final' seems to work pretty well. I get occasional stuttering on the menus and/or the opening FMV for a mission (although it doesn't happen all the time), but the game seems to play very well so far.

It forces a widescreen display though and since I have a 4:3 CRT monitor, it gives me a letterboxed image. I don't mind too much, but I do notice that I often see graphic glitches on the far sides of the screen. Usually this takes the form of letting me see through walls. For example, sometimes in the guard towers on the dam, I can see through the wall to the outside.

Just for testing purposes, is there any way to get the GLideN64 'Final" plugin to give a 4:3 display?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mainly the water in Frigate (the hostage mission on the boat) where the water goes bad with many emulators. It's part of the skybox, rather than built into the background. The water in Dam and Caverns should be fine.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 2 of 53

Jump to: