ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rekrul wrote:
Just for testing purposes, is there any way to get the GLideN64 'Final" plugin to give a 4:3 display?

Open the video settings click show advance emulation options and click ok. Reopen the video settings and switch to Emulation Settings. If you have the game running, it will show "Force 16:9". Change this to 4:3 (default).
--
New update, I added a option to change crouch key from within the interface. Before you had to open the settings file and convert a hex to dec, now you just press the same button twice and it will save it. The player 2 build now works with PD and has been changed to use capslock for input. While it is a little clunky, it is far easier to setup when you have your own set of input keys. As for multiplayer Stronglime is coming up with a new plugin for separate keyboard/mice input.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Mainly the water in Frigate (the hostage mission on the boat) where the water goes bad with many emulators. It's part of the skybox, rather than built into the background. The water in Dam and Caverns should be fine.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll stick with the GLideN64 Final plugin, unless I run into problems with it.

Carnivorous wrote:
Open the video settings click show advance emulation options and click ok. Reopen the video settings and switch to Emulation Settings. If you have the game running, it will show "Force 16:9". Change this to 4:3 (default).

Thanks. I never tried changing it after running the game.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My apologies I mistook what you said as Glide64. For GLideN64 you need to open the video settings and set aspect to stretch. If your screen is 4:3 then it will be 4:3. You can change the windowed resolution to be 4:3 as well (e.g 800x600). For the in-game ratio you can change this while in-game. It's under options for both games.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
My apologies I mistook what you said as Glide64.

I did write "GLideN64 'Final'". I didn't notice that the two Glide plugins were named slightly different. I'm using "Glide64 'Final' Date: May 8 2012".

Carnivorous wrote:
For GLideN64 you need to open the video settings and set aspect to stretch. If your screen is 4:3 then it will be 4:3. You can change the windowed resolution to be 4:3 as well (e.g 800x600). For the in-game ratio you can change this while in-game. It's under options for both games.

Actually, using either the 4:3 or stretch settings seems to do the same thing.

BTW, I downloaded your latest two builds, the one from the 6th and the one from the 8th and neither one works for me. Pressing '4' locks the mouse pointer, but nothing in the game moves. I can't control the pointer in Goldeneye's menus, nor can I look around in the game.

I've been using the version with Mouse Injector dated the 5th and that one works great. I do exactly the same thing with the newer versions, but they don't work at all for me.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Set the ratio to 4:3 while the game is running. It will ask if you want to save settings and click OK. If your fullscreen resolution is 4:3 it will be 4:3. Try this out and tell me if it works.

Hmm that's quite strange about the mouse problem. I've reverted the last few day's changes in the newest upload. Just wondering, do you happen to have multiple mice connected?
--
I've been working on a plugin version of the mouse injector over the last day. The benefit of this is supporting up to 4 players. I hope to be able to finish it soon.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would there ever be a possibility of the mouse injector fixing the green water on Frigate, and PD skyboxes on Jabo Direct 1.6.1?

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Set the ratio to 4:3 while the game is running. It will ask if you want to save settings and click OK. If your fullscreen resolution is 4:3 it will be 4:3. Try this out and tell me if it works.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Yes, changing the ratio while the game is running works. 4:3 gives me a "square" image in both windowed mode and fullscreen. Stretch doesn't seem to affect windowed mode, but it also gives me a "square" image that fills the monitor screen in fullscreen.

Just for the record, I'm not one of those people who hate letterboxed displays and need every image to fill the screen. I just wanted to try out the different ratios and see which one looks best. Smile

I do notice that no matter what ratio I use (even 16:9), or screen resolution, there are thin, blue borders down each side of the screen. I get them in Windowed mode as well;

http://imgur.com/nO7N9up

They don't affect anything, they're just a little distracting.

Carnivorous wrote:
Hmm that's quite strange about the mouse problem. I've reverted the last few day's changes in the newest upload. Just wondering, do you happen to have multiple mice connected?

It didn't occur to me at the time, but I do have a receiver for a USB mouse plugged in, in addition to my PS/2 mouse. Yes, my system is older and still has PS/2 ports. Smile

The USB mouse isn't currently switched on though. I'd try unplugging the receiver, but unfortunately I didn't keep the other copies of the bundle since they didn't work for me. I'll have to wait until you upload a new one with the changes. Thinking about it now, I remember that when I enabled raw input in the Sega Model 2 arcade emulator so that I could calibrate both guns, the USB mouse was read as the default and my PS/2 mouse was the second. It didn't occur to me when I tried the new bundles because I only use that mouse as a backup and always tend to forget about it.

Why am I not using a USB mouse? I've had my PS/2 mouse forever and find it comfortable to use. The USB mouse is a cheap one I bought as a backup. It's fine for occasional use, but it's small and I only use it when I need to, like if I'm taking the PS/2 mouse apart for cleaning.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Would there ever be a possibility of the mouse injector fixing the green water on Frigate, and PD skyboxes on Jabo Direct 1.6.1?

It's possible but it would be very difficult due to the nature of video plugin architecture, something I don't fully understand.

Rekrul wrote:
I do notice that no matter what ratio I use (even 16:9), or screen resolution, there are thin, blue borders down each side of the screen. I get them in Windowed mode as well;

http://imgur.com/nO7N9up

They don't affect anything, they're just a little distracting.

Old analog televisions never showed a 1:1 of the video input and would always overscan (crop) by some percent. GoldenEye was optimized to only draw within the "safe area" of a CRT television, as the outer edge of the screen would have been cropped from overscan. There isn't much you can do.

Quote:
I'll have to wait until you upload a new one with the changes.

I ask because I recently added multi mice support through ManyMouse. The updated bundle reverted these changes as I'm planning to support multiple mice in the plugin instead. It's important that I know if the problem is something I did or the ManyMouse library, so please try it and tell me if it works again.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About how to get rid of the borders...
GlideN64 will have a new public release shortly and it will have a Crop feature that will let you adjust the drwing area to your likings.

http://gliden64.blogspot.com.es/2016/11/new-public-release-part-i.html

Since this is the most graphical advanced plugin, the Frigate water issue might be fixed too (Glide64 has it almost right).

I haven't been following this topic and you probably are using Jabo for performance while GlideN64 requires a very powerful machine in order to run with max features. But I thought the OP should be aware that a new plugin is on the way just in case.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I ask because I recently added multi mice support through ManyMouse. The updated bundle reverted these changes as I'm planning to support multiple mice in the plugin instead. It's important that I know if the problem is something I did or the ManyMouse library, so please try it and tell me if it works again.

I just tried the latest bundle and it works fine. No issues at all.

Can you please re-upload one of the versions I had problems with (Mouse Injector dated 12/6 or 12/8) so that I can try unplugging my USB mouse receiver and see if I still have a problem? It's very likely that it was detecting the receiver and thinking that should be the default mouse.

Don't put the link in the first message and confuse people, just add it here, or send it in a PM and I'll test it again.

Sogun wrote:
About how to get rid of the borders...
GlideN64 will have a new public release shortly and it will have a Crop feature that will let you adjust the drwing area to your likings.

http://gliden64.blogspot.com.es/2016/11/new-public-release-part-i.html

Since this is the most graphical advanced plugin, the Frigate water issue might be fixed too (Glide64 has it almost right).

I haven't been following this topic and you probably are using Jabo for performance while GlideN64 requires a very powerful machine in order to run with max features. But I thought the OP should be aware that a new plugin is on the way just in case.

I'm using "Glide64 'Final' Date: May 8 2012". It seems to work pretty well, other than an occasional stutter in the opening FMV for the missions, and occasionally on the menus. I mostly hear the stutter in the music, rather than seeing it in the framerate.

GlideN64 doesn't work properly for me at all. Besides being able to hear the music stuttering badly, all the colors are wrong and the graphics don't render properly.

Here's the Nintendo logo;

http://imgur.com/qWqAjuo

Here's the main menu where you select the game to start/continue;

http://imgur.com/jtCHHnC

The opening text screen never even appears, nor does the gun barrel animation after the titlescreen.

All options were left at the default, I didn't change anything in the video settings.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Thank you for testing, I was quite worried that PS/2 devices were not supported. Now I know what the issue is. The current version right now will most likely be 'stable' for a while until I get the plugin version finished (alpha test here).

I just tried your plugin. All the controls come up blank. The first column of buttons all say "Primary" and the second column all say "Secondary". Clicking on anything other than the four Player radio buttons at the top, or the sliders on the right instantly closes the plugin window. Moving the sliders doesn't change the 100% and the sliders all return to the far left position when the window is closed and re-opened, even if I click OK.

Of course, it's quite possible that the OK button doesn't actually register and it's just closing the window like it does when I click anything else.

Even pressing the Tab key to try and use keyboard navigation just closes the window.

Carnivorous wrote:
With GLideN64, it has higher system requirements and needs Shader 4.0, so you're best to stick with Glide64.

The shader would be the problem then. I have an older system which still has XP on it. XP only supports up to DirectX 9c and DirectX 9 only supports Shader 3.0.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah that would explain why GLideN64 doesn't work. The requirements are pretty high.

Yes I'm working on the interface right now. There will be customization but right now it's hardcoded to WASD. The hotkeys are just like the original app, and it loads the settings from mouseinjector.ini. So just start the game and press 4. Just testing this is a big help for me as I can solve any critical problems that might come up later, so thank you for the testing and feedback.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Yes I'm working on the interface right now. There will be customization but right now it's hardcoded to WASD.

Will you eventually add a GUI control for changing the crouch key?

Carnivorous wrote:
The hotkeys are just like the original app, and it loads the settings from mouseinjector.ini. So just start the game and press 4. Just testing this is a big help for me as I can solve any critical problems that might come up later, so thank you for the testing and feedback.

I've tested this a little and it seems to work as intended. I copied over the INI file from the copy I've been using and it correctly picked up all the settings (increased speed, inverted Y axis). Other than not having my custom key definitions it seemed to work the same as the external program.

I did notice that pressing 4 not only turns mouse input on/off, but also all the control keys as well. When the mouse input is turned off, you can't interact with the game at all, as none of the keys will work. Personally, I think it would be better if the keys stayed active and only mouse input was toggled on/off.

I have no idea exactly how Mouseinjector works and I know it was designed specifically for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, but have you given any thought to eventually making your plugin work with other FPS games on the N64? Like Turok, The World is Not Enough, etc.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have made a mouse injector for timesplitters and it didn't take too long. It depends on each game's engine and how complex they are internally. Because GE/PD share the same engine it's a lot easier to manage codewise. It's something I might do when I've finished the plugin.

Thanks for the reminder, crouch has been added to the list http://i.imgur.com/OXlueUZ.png

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I have made a mouse injector for timesplitters and it didn't take too long. It depends on each game's engine and how complex they are internally. Because GE/PD share the same engine it's a lot easier to manage codewise. It's something I might do when I've finished the plugin.

I look forward to the day when all first person shooters on the N64 can be played with a mouse. Smile

The controls are the reason I never really played any FPS games on consoles. I could never deal with using a thumbstick for aiming. Even using an emulator and a real joystick, it's still a poor substitute for a mouse. Which is disappointing, since there are so many great FPS games that are console only.

I had some luck mapping the analog stick in a couple PS2 games to the mouse, but the PS2 emulator doesn't run all that well on my system.

There's actually a hardware device for the PS3/Xbox360 that does what Mouseinjector does for quite a few games on those platforms. However the last I checked, it was expensive and not being sold while they worked on a newer (and presumably more expensive) version that would also support the PS4/Xbox One.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 3 of 53

Jump to: