ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Graslu: I watched the livestream, quite enjoyable - I was very worried that it would not work as I haven't properly tested local multiplayer thankfully that isn't the case

deuxsonic: I really don't know the affects 18 overclock has on plugins or other parts of the emu - hence it is an experimental feature that is beneficial for splitscreen multiplayer in PD. To be safe stay inside the 6x - 12x OC range
~~
I will be focusing my attention to PCSX2 and it's internals - a MI for TS series will be ready when it's ready [no guarantees]

Last edited by Carnivorous on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It worked flawlessly on our side, except at the start because I forgot to set the proper controls but that's not an issue.

I still think it'd be awesome to somehow work together with the Dolphin devs to get proper mouse support in there too, specially when a lot of the games that appear both on PS2 and GC are better on the GC counterpart, for example, Nightfire. No idea about the version differences on Time Splitters though.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From some devs I've spoken to mouse injection is outside the scope of dolphin - and the PS2 versions of TS have lan\internet capabilities [users have created internet matches with PCSX2]

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh well, too bad. At least the original GC controller works perfectly on Dolphin which is nice. Good luck with your new project!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For GE there's no difference above 6x oc, right?

I wish you good luck too, hope everything goes well with TS.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you
~~
yes, maybe a unoptimized custom level will slow it down but for most parts 6 is good
~~
progress so far - i am able to inject into pcsx2's memory using dll hooking. this means i dont need to compile pcsx2 for every update or break their plugin spec to support a mouse injector. input would still be handled using pcsx2's plugin so the dll's purpose is to poll mouse direction. lucky for me pcsx2 uses the same memory base address as 1964 so i dont need to search for rambase like pj64. fooling around in ts:fp i found two values that control the display ratio. this opens the possibility of supporting ultra wide displays. if the other game's ratios are easy to change i will include this feature. for example here is 50:9

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

graslu wrote:
It worked flawlessly on our side, except at the start because I forgot to set the proper controls but that's not an issue.

I still think it'd be awesome to somehow work together with the Dolphin devs to get proper mouse support in there too, specially when a lot of the games that appear both on PS2 and GC are better on the GC counterpart, for example, Nightfire. No idea about the version differences on Time Splitters though.
...... dude...... ive been hanging out for mouse compatibility for time splitters for so long.... i would love that.

@Carnivorous thank you very much for all you have done, thank you for bringing refined mouse support to the GE community and i eagerly await your next project with Timespliters/PCSX2

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thankyou. i'm researching dll proxy to hook between lilypad and mouse injector. i will be reusing a lot of code from the current plugin. i am aiming for a demo by next month

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
thankyou. i'm researching dll proxy to hook between lilypad and mouse injector. i will be reusing a lot of code from the current plugin. i am aiming for a demo by next month

Will it work with PCSX2 1.4.0, or only with the newer beta versions?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it should - depends how recent their API changes are. the prototype was built with 1.3.1

Prenihility
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks! I'm back. And after changing plugins after experimenting with Conker's Bad Fur Day... i tried playing Perfect Dark again, and noticed i have an old problem again. Explosions slow the game down a lot. The end cutscene to the Deep Sea missions is a great example. Again, what are the best settings/plugins for the game?

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Prenihility wrote:
Hey folks! I'm back. And after changing plugins after experimenting with Conker's Bad Fur Day... i tried playing Perfect Dark again, and noticed i have an old problem again. Explosions slow the game down a lot. The end cutscene to the Deep Sea missions is a great example. Again, what are the best settings/plugins for the game?

I don't think there's a fix for this because they ran like crap on the 64 too and GLideN64, the OpenGL 4 plug-in I use, is designed with accurate emulation in mind and it takes a huge hit from explosions, particularly groups of them or being close/in them and smoke to a lesser degree. You can use one of the faster, less-accurate video plug-ins like Glide64 (this actually runs a lot slower for me which is why I don't use it) to improve performance at the cost of the game not looking right to various degrees.

Prenihility
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deuxsonic wrote:
Prenihility wrote:

I don't think there's a fix for this because they ran like crap on the 64 too and GLideN64, the OpenGL 4 plug-in I use, is designed with accurate emulation in mind and it takes a huge hit from explosions, particularly groups of them or being close/in them and smoke to a lesser degree. You can use one of the faster, less-accurate video plug-ins like Glide64 (this actually runs a lot slower for me which is why I don't use it) to improve performance at the cost of the game not looking right to various degrees.

Well, i could've sworn i had perfect performance. Hell, i REMEMBER i had perfect performance. With explosions.

Another problem i have is with the mouse. It doesn't seem to work when opening the weapon/item menu and trying to select something when you're holding 'Q'.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deuxsonic wrote:

The little bit that I tested GLideN64, it looked exactly the same as Glide64. Distant objects appear on top of the chainlink fence at the end of Facility, the water messes up at the start of Frigate, etc. For all the talk about how GLideN64 is designed for accuracy, it didn't seem any more accurate than Glide64.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rekrul wrote:
deuxsonic wrote:

The little bit that I tested GLideN64, it looked exactly the same as Glide64. Distant objects appear on top of the chainlink fence at the end of Facility, the water messes up at the start of Frigate, etc. For all the talk about how GLideN64 is designed for accuracy, it didn't seem any more accurate than Glide64.

The reason I mentioned it is because the performance is reversed for me. If Glide64 were the faster of the two, I'd probably be using it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 25 of 53

Jump to: