ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a note to say that I tested the most recent version (Mouse Injector 12/09/2016, 11:55pm) and it works fine for me. It recognizes both my PS/2 mouse and my USB one. I can use either mouse to control the game.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to know, thanks. I had some free time today and finished the interface. All the functionality like loading/saving and switching players works. The good news - I plan to make the injector modular and remove game specific code. It would make adding new games a lot easier.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Good to know, thanks. I had some free time today and finished the interface. All the functionality like loading/saving and switching players works. The good news - I plan to make the injector modular and remove game specific code. It would make adding new games a lot easier.

Sounds good. I started playing Goldeneye seriously using the last bundle that you uploaded and it's been working pretty well.

One strange thing that happened was that after I used the quickload key a few times, the emulator stopped responding to its control keys. I couldn't quicksave, quickload, pause the emulator, etc. Even pressing Alt-Enter wouldn't get me out of fullscreen mode. I had to close 1964 by press Alt-F4. The game still worked and I could play it, but I couldn't control the emulator. It only happened once though.

Shanks987
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: GoldenEye 64 w/ Mouse jitter problem Reply with quote Back to top

Video demonstration - https://youtu.be/Ld9UVT1yOU4
Video Settings - http://puu.sh/sqI23/e32641ae68.png
I have an issue as to when I try to aim in GoldenEye with the mouse injector my mouse begins to jitter. It only happens with Glide64, I tried recording this with fraps but only enough when I started recording the issue was temporally fixed. I turned on V-Sync through a profile in my graphics driver and that didn't fix it. I've looked everywhere online and can't find a fix, I am running the game in fullscreen.
Any help would be appropriated, thanks.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
One strange thing that happened was that after I used the quickload key a few times, the emulator stopped responding to its control keys. I couldn't quicksave, quickload, pause the emulator, etc. Even pressing Alt-Enter wouldn't get me out of fullscreen mode. I had to close 1964 by press Alt-F4. The game still worked and I could play it, but I couldn't control the emulator. It only happened once though.

Yes it's happened to me before. I've looked through the source for any kind of reason why it does this but I just don't know.
---
Glide has a issue where it will block injections half the time. It randomly does this. Changing the plugin to jabo and back to glide temporarily solves the problem... but I haven't found a solution to the bug as of yet.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: GoldenEye 64 w/ Mouse jitter problem Reply with quote Back to top

Shanks987 wrote:
I have an issue as to when I try to aim in GoldenEye with the mouse injector my mouse begins to jitter. It only happens with Glide64, I tried recording this with fraps but only enough when I started recording the issue was temporally fixed. I turned on V-Sync through a profile in my graphics driver and that didn't fix it. I've looked everywhere online and can't find a fix, I am running the game in fullscreen.
Any help would be appropriated, thanks.

I'm not an expert, but it doesn't look like it's working as intended.

When I play Goldeneye with the Mouse Injector, the crosshair and gun don't move. The crosshair stays centered on the screen and the gun stays pointing in the default position. The whole view moves, just like using mouselook on a computer. The mouse moves the view while moving and while aiming. Like in this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSsLKfzeBOQ

Carnivorous wrote:
Yes it's happened to me before. I've looked through the source for any kind of reason why it does this but I just don't know.
---
Glide has a issue where it will block injections half the time. It randomly does this. Changing the plugin to jabo and back to glide temporarily solves the problem... but I haven't found a solution to the bug as of yet.

It wasn't the injection that was blocked, but the keys that control the emulator itself. I could still pan the view with the mouse, shoot, aim, etc. I just couldn't perform any function in the emulator. For example, pressing F3 wouldn't pause the game, pressing F5 wouldn't quicksave, F7 wouldn't quickload, Alt-Enter wouldn't get me out of fullscreen.

The game itself was still perfectly responding to input, but the emulator interface itself was ignoring me.

Everything went back to normal after force quitting it and running it again.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've known about it for a while and I haven't found a way to replicate, so I don't know how to fix it ): This is what the readme says about the bug
* 1964 can randomly break and run excruciatingly slow and not respond to hotkeys. To 'fix' this forcefully close 1964 (ALT+F4) and reopen 1964.
==
Status on the plugin

Done
= Loading\Saving (passed fuzz testing)
= GUI (clear, revert)
= Sending controller value to emulator
= Polling individual device per profile (you can even share keyboards)

Left to do
= Abstract game specific code to single c files for future game support

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I have made a mouse injector for timesplitters and it didn't take too long. It depends on each game's engine and how complex they are internally. Because GE/PD share the same engine it's a lot easier to manage codewise. It's something I might do when I've finished the plugin.

Is that for the PS2 emulator, or the Gamecube emulator, please? And does it work with all roms for that emulator, so that, for example, all three* Timesplitters games can be played with the mouse?

* Only two Timeslitters games, if it's for the Gamecube, of coure, but fortunately those two are almost immeasurably better than the first Timespitters games.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I've known about it for a while and I haven't found a way to replicate, so I don't know how to fix it ): This is what the readme says about the bug
* 1964 can randomly break and run excruciatingly slow and not respond to hotkeys. To 'fix' this forcefully close 1964 (ALT+F4) and reopen 1964.

For me it wasn't running slow, it seemed to be the same speed. I guess that's why I didn't connect it to that section of the ReadMe.

Carnivorous wrote:
Status on the plugin

Done
= Loading\Saving (passed fuzz testing)
= GUI (clear, revert)
= Sending controller value to emulator
= Polling individual device per profile (you can even share keyboards)

Left to do
= Abstract game specific code to single c files for future game support

When will you release a new version for public testing?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Is that for the PS2 emulator, or the Gamecube emulator, please? And does it work with all roms for that emulator, so that, for example, all three* Timesplitters games can be played with the mouse?

It works with all 3 timesplitters games. Dolphin doesn't like memory injection and crashes so I can only do it for the PS2 versions. I did them really quickly so many things are not supported or just broken. I'd consider releasing it if there is any interest. If anyone doesn't believe me https://files.catbox.moe/mh8i40.mp4

Quote:
When will you release a new version for public testing?

Tonight or tomorrow.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Tonight or tomorrow.

I look forward to it. Smile

It's a minor thing, but I don't suppose there's any way to change the emulator hotkeys, like quickload, is there?

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this thread is for discussion of Mouse Injector and the bundle, but I have to post this...

All the people who talk about how having mouse control makes Goldeneye too easy make me want to scream. I've been playing the game on 00 Agent difficulty, not really because I want the game to be hard, but because I wanted it to include all the goals for each level. I had trouble in a couple levels, like the runway, but eventually I got through them. I was determined, for once in my life, to finish a game without resorting to a walkthrough or asking for help. Naturally that was much too optimistic.

I've been stuck on the &$%@#*! bunker level for the past several days. I've attempted it many times and I can't see any way it can done. A single gunshot outside the cellblock doors causes an endless stream of guards. There's no way to sneak up on any of them as they always hear the doors opening, and even if you leave that section while no guards are around, the hallways are crawling with them and you can't go past any intersection without getting shot at which triggers the endless stream of guards. Even if you make it into that little room and make a stand there, killing dozens of guards, you never get ahead as they never seem to drop any more ammo than you use killing each one. Not to mention that you get shot pretty much every time you run into the hallway to collect the ammo.

I didn't even release Natalya from her cell as she'd never survive the onslaught of guards.

If there were a finite number of guards, it would be possible, but when they never stop coming, I can't see any way to do it.

If this is supposed to be a stealth level, I don't see how you can avoid being detected as there's no way to kill any of the guards without being seen or them firing a few shots and then the endless guards start coming. There's also no way to sneak past them as there are guards in every single hallway.

I've always hated levels where they take away your weapons and stack the odds against you, but usually they at least make it fair.

How anyone could consider this "easy" is beyond me!

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bunker II is a stealth level, yes. It doesn't matter if guards see you or if they shoot though, the swarm of unlimited guards triggers when you're the one shooting. You can choose to go with slappers only (it can be incredibly easy), use the throwing knives if you take them with the magnet watch, use the KF7 while aiming so you don't fire bursts (If you fire slow and one by one the unlimited guards won't be triggered either) or get to the dual silenced PP7s, after that it should be rather "easy". Also don't worry about letting Natalya get out of her cell, guards won't shoot at her and unless you kill her she won't die.

That being said, I just registered to these forums for this thread. Great work on this again, Carnivorous! I've been reading through it and saw that you tried to add mouse injection into Dolphin without success because of the memory injection, but since Dolphin is open source, wouldn't it be possible to somehow have it added natively without the need of it? Usually their devs are really easy to be contacted with.

Anyways really looking forward to the future updates of this!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't looked through the source of dolphin. I don't know if this is due to optimizations or just the design of the emulator. I will ask around on IRC about it.

For the plugin - I'm 95% done. Memory hooking works and games are split into their own c files. What little test I did with perfect dark indicates that detection is working as intended. I still have to find pointers for player 3 and 4 and remove bloat left over from the original mouse injector. I will not be releasing source until I feel it is in a state of maintainability. I will have an alpha test ready tomorrow.

Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

graslu wrote:
Bunker II is a stealth level, yes. It doesn't matter if guards see you or if they shoot though, the swarm of unlimited guards triggers when you're the one shooting. You can choose to go with slappers only (it can be incredibly easy), use the throwing knives if you take them with the magnet watch, use the KF7 while aiming so you don't fire bursts (If you fire slow and one by one the unlimited guards won't be triggered either) or get to the dual silenced PP7s, after that it should be rather "easy". Also don't worry about letting Natalya get out of her cell, guards won't shoot at her and unless you kill her she won't die.

Trying to kill the guards in the room with just my hands usually gets me severely wounded. The same happens with the guards in the hallways and there's always another guard nearby or an open door and then it seems like the guards never stop. I haven't seen any throwing knives, and no matter how lightly I tap the mouse button it NEVER fires just one shot. It's always a burst of 2-3 shots and that starts the unlimited guards.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 4 of 53

Jump to: