ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It will not affect mouseinjector.ini, and 1964.cfg will not complain about the different versions. It's at least a couple of weeks away before I can figure it out, I'm entirely new to MIPS.

Update: The PD framelimiting code has been located but has some issues when changing maps. I've asked some community members for some advice to this issue. The current speedhack implementation is workable, but takes a few seconds before it locks the game to 60fps.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It will be worth the wait, I'm sure.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, just been using this to run Goldfinger 64 and its working pretty well so far, but a couple of issues:

On Jabo 8.1, the guards appear to glow in the dark.

On Glide64 final, it seems to work pretty well but I get screen tearing, regardless of whether the vsync option is on or off.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Vsync for glide64 must be forced in your graphics control panel. As for Jabo, it does not emulate vertex lighting used for models.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I've noticed another issue. Guards seem to be far less accurate on this emulator, at least on goldfinger, any idea what could be causing this?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The engine will not play the same compared to the original speed. You can read more about it here: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6972

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have any issue with the shooting speed being fast, if anything that makes it a little more fun. But that doesn't exactly explain why the guards are so incredibly inaccurate in goldfinger, and what's strange is that someone in the thread you linked claimed: "guard firing speed (ge/pd is harder at 60fps)", but I find that goldfinger is far far easier (too easy), not harder, since the guards so rarely land any shots even in double O agent.

Is it possible to disable the overclock/60fps? Setting the overclock menu to "stock" doesn't appear to do anything to the guard accuracy.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did a test and found they are hitting accurately. The only difference was with pistols, which I found were more inaccurate at 60 compared to 20. This is quite unusual as they are usually more difficult in GE. You can play at more 'accurate' speeds with counter-flag 3 (CTRL+3).

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to say, for some reason I also found that specifically in China the accuracy was fine, but in other levels the accuracy is terrible, try grounds in particular, or maybe shipyard too, to see what I mean.

Regarding counter factor, it seems to be locked, ctrl + 3 doesn't seem to change it, and if I right click and change it in the rom properties it rests back to 1, is there something else I need to do?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah this is quite strange.. hmm. China is working fine but the other levels...

As for the CF3, first set OC to stock, then press CTRL+3 while the game is running. The default settings for GE is CF1.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gotcha, unfortunately stock with cf3 has pretty poor framerate and performance.

If there was a way to have the overclocked version have accurate guards, that would be fantastic, and allow people to enjoy Goldfinger to the fullest.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From my brief test with PJ64 (overclocked), it had the same results. I'm not sure if I can do anything on my end to fix this issue with GF64. Sorry :/

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps if someone can provide a gameshark code that boosts guard accuracy an arbitrary amount to rebalance it.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a couple suggestions I've posted up in the GoldFinger thread:

* Maybe allow the saves, and setup for Goldfinger 64 on your next build?

These below are more related to the build itself:

* I wouldn't mind having HLE Audio as one of the bundled audio plugins. As in my opinion, it's probably the best one that works fine with your 1964 build.

* Surprisingly, the Die Hard 64 prototypes work pretty fine on your emulator, so maybe tag them to be playable?

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh so that's the reason why I advance slowly compared to some. They play on emulator and the enemies aim badly. They know how to hit on hardware omg.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 32 of 53

Jump to: