ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some audio plugins can do this - but I haven't found any as stable as azimer's plugins for GE\PD.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Some audio plugins can do this - but I haven't found any as stable as azimer's plugins for GE\PD.

Ah, well I'll have to look into this sometime. Many thanks.

Oh, and good luck with your thing, Fillerthefreak.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why are the 2 best graphics plug-ins still maintained for Glide? I understand that this made sense back in the UltraHLE days when Glide itself made sense, but as Glide has been dead as long as 3dfx (18 years now), it would make more sense to rewrite the plug-ins in OpenGL or Vulkan now than lose performance having to always rely on a wrapper to translate calls. If accurate emulation is the goal, then why lose even more performance by using a dead API? Certainly accurate graphics emulation written for Vulkan would be a performance boost that would justify the rewrite?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Why are the 2 best graphics plug-ins still maintained for Glide?

GlideN64, glide64 is dead. Angrylion is another good plugin if you have the PC to run it.
Quote:
I understand that this made sense back in the UltraHLE days when Glide itself made sense, but as Glide has been dead as long as 3dfx (18 years now), it would make more sense to rewrite the plug-ins in OpenGL or Vulkan now than lose performance having to always rely on a wrapper to translate calls. If accurate emulation is the goal, then why lose even more performance by using a dead API? Certainly accurate graphics emulation written for Vulkan would be a performance boost that would justify the rewrite?

I don't know enough about RDP emulation to answer - sorry

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GlideN64 runs on OpenGL.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, Carnivorous!
Are you still here?
I have a question if you could change something in the 1964 Emulator. Basically when i start a rom it always disables the cheats. Can you maybe make it so that the dialog "Enable Cheat Codes" is always ticked on? Basically how also Project64 behaves with it´s cheats? So it´s always on regardless of restarting the program itself.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updated - thanks

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, what the..
Well, that was fast.
Thank you very much. Smile

Edit:
When i´m already on it, i have to more feedbacks/sugestions if you have time for this. Smile

- Okay, the first one is if it´s possible to have just a point instead of the Goldeneye Crosshair? Still in the Colour Red, but just a point.

- Something like an automove your mouse at a Rom Start to the side so you can´t see the mouse clipping. When i start a Rom all the Mouselook will working, but the mouse pointer itself seems always clipping.
So maybe hiding it or just automove the mouse to the side/corner will get rid of this.

Thank you really much for your hard and quick work. I never thought that 1964 will be my favorite N64 Emulator at some time. Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Okay, the first one is if it´s possible to have just a point instead of the Goldeneye Crosshair? Still in the Colour Red, but just a point.
I did find the index for HUD images for 21990, but with romhacks this didn't work all the time as it's more complicated than changing a byte around - so I left it out. You can use the editor to change replace the crosshair image with the beta one
Quote:
Something like an automove your mouse at a Rom Start to the side so you can´t see the mouse clipping. When i start a Rom all the Mouselook will working, but the mouse pointer itself seems always clipping.
So maybe hiding it or just automove the mouse to the side/corner will get rid of this.
The lock position for the mouse depends entirely when you activate the cursor. If you relock the mouse (4) then it will stick to the same position. Is this what you were referring to?

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
The lock position for the mouse depends entirely when you activate the cursor. If you relock the mouse (4) then it will stick to the same position. Is this what you were referring to?

Well, i don´t really sure how to explain this better. You start a rom, press 4 so that the mouse get´s injected. And now whenever you make a Mouse Movement ingame, the Mouse Corsur on Windows can still be seen and it´s always clipping.
So i thought maybe just automove the mouse to the side or corner at the beginning of a Rom Start. The mouse would still clipping, but you would not see it because it´s in the corner/side.
Whatever, this is not really nescessary. You could just move the mouse at the Rom Start yourself to the side and have the same effect.
And completly hiding the mouse corsur to avoid the clipping is a bad idea from me, because sometimes i need the mouse corsur again ingame to change something in the 1964 emulator. And then because of the Corsur Hiding i would not see the Mouse anymore.

Edit:
Okay, i fixed that thing with the crosshair myself. I just dumped the texture of the crosshair and replaced it with a new one. Works flawlessy! Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is normal, you can hide the mouse cursor via pressing TAB. I can't tie mouse toggle with mouse hide because it's not entirely stable with 1964. If I can figure out a way that will work with 1964's UI code, then yes.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
That is normal, you can hide the mouse cursor via pressing TAB. I can't tie mouse toggle with mouse hide because it's not entirely stable with 1964. If I can figure out a way that will work with 1964's UI code, then yes.

Thank you. It seems that i completly overseen that you can hide the mouse with TAB. That simply was what i wanted, so case closed. Smile

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, i have a new question.
I have a Monitor with an aspect ratio 21:9 (Ultrawidescreen) and have this weird artifacts at the sides when playing Goldeneye 64. Of course i know that this is maybe "culling"? When in 16:9 all is okay, but in 21:9, well, then i get this culling.
I allready know that maybe this is going nowhere, since it´s based on the plugins and not the Emulator itself. And also i know that Goldeneye originaly only supported 16:9 and not 21:9 back then.
But i thought to myself that just asking is always free. Smile
So my question is if you have any possibilities with plugin changing or something? I don´t really know how to pronounce that.
Thank you.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Plugin ratio override does not work with GE\PD due to the nature of the engine rendering. Ratio hacking is possible - I haven't looked into it much

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but did you ever release that Timesplitters 2/FP mouse hack that was mentioned a while back? I tried to give the game a shot but without a controller it's pretty much unplayable Sad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 41 of 53

Jump to: