ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
williansti
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I performed the test with the indicated build, presented the same problem.

really not about stock or overclocking, I tried to disable vsync on gliden64, and activate on the nvidia panel via profile.

vsync activates but the same problem happens.

is there any code in carnivorous or gliden64 that conflicts with vsync option.

williansti
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I took a third emulator to test, "1964 ultrafast v3" i deleted all the default plugins, I copied all of carnivorous mostly gliden64, worked 60fps with active vsync with no screen tears or cuts, with or without overclocked flowed as project64, confirmed my suspicion there is something in carnivorous.

a question, Is carnivorous based on the latest revision of 1964? 1964 SVN r146?

I also saw a newer fork, 1964-X
https://github.com/LegendOfDragoon/1964-X

http://www.emu-france.com/emulateurs/5-consoles-de-salon/52-nintendo-n64/

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1964 fork is based on 0.8.5 as it is the most stable with GoldenEye, future revisions had problems with GoldenEye. You can compare source trees with the original 0.8.5 and my fork. Ultrafast v3 is a fork of 1964 1.1. I am not aware of any conflicting vsync code, the above commits are only related to input plugin and various ROM defaults for GE/PD. Can you try using stolen's 0.8.5 bundle with GLideN64?

williansti
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for all your patience. we finally find the source of the problem.

the problem is not carnivorous, is from the base version.
I downloaded several versions and tested.

1964 1.0 (r146) = OK!
1964_ultrafast_v3 = OK!
1964-X-20160711 = OK!
Project64 2.4.0 = OK!

1964_085 = Problem!
1964 - Carnivorous Edition = Problem!

so in fact version 0.8.5 have problems using vsync on gliden64...

i love carnivorous, I'm sad that I can't use vsync, all others work well, however project64 has no decent overclocking, and others have distorted windows window when finishing emulation.

would it be too much to order a carnivorous based on 1964 1.0 or 1.1? :wink:

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I don't have the time nowdays to migrate all changes over to 1.1. If you are using PJ64 nightly there should be an option to overclock within ROM properties.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to use the new PD texture pack (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou2RkLmowPA&feature=emb_logo) with this emulator, please?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It should be if you use the expected GLideN64 settings needed for the texture pack

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
It should be if you use the expected GLideN64 settings needed for the texture pack

Oh right. I'll give it a go, thanks.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. It´s great that you still doing these Updates, Carnivorous.
But can you explain to me why you disabled the "Autoloading Cheats" once again?
I requested that so you don´t have to check that everytime you load up the Emu everytime. But now you disabled it again .....

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some cheats would overwrite something used during bootload unzip process, so when a cheat was enabled during mid-mission it would break on the next session. As most N64 emulators reset the enable cheat option between restarts, I figured I would do the same and revert the change.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quick question. With the GE compilation pack ROM having different internal names / ID codes than regular GE, will it need support added to this emulator? I know my ED64 requires I force EEPROM4K save type on before starting.

GOLDENEYE COMP PACK
NG7E

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just tested - it works.

As long as the game strats with the characters GOLDENEYE it'll be detected.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Just tested - it works.

As long as the game strats with the characters GOLDENEYE it'll be detected.

Is the GE compilation rom out yet? I can't find mention of it anywhere.

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I´m not sure about the Borderless Window yet. I don´t know how to upload a Picture of what i mean here, so i have to explain.
Basically i activated the "Use Borderless Fullscreen" and have hidden the "Display Status Bar", but i´m still seeing the Status Bar. Is this only working in Fullscreen Mode (which destroys the meaning of Borderless Window)?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Press alt+enter. Window resolution is used for borderless fullscreen - it should look like this

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 48 of 53

Jump to: