ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Is the GE compilation rom out yet? I can't find mention of it anywhere.

Not yet. I just want to make sure this emulator will support it on day one.

Thanks for the info, Carn.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:

I edited a retail GE ROM header to test.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Prioritizing emulator performance as much as hardware

Booo 0UCH lol kidding keep up your superb work!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Kerr Avon wrote:

I edited a retail GE ROM header to test.

I see, thanks.

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really excited to share this. Apparently, Borderless Gaming has an option for "Adjust Windows bounds" and I never realized it. The two screenshots below are in windowed mode, but with Borderless Gaming applied.

I realize there is a borderless mode in the modified emulator now, but there are benefits to using the Borderless Gaming application.

- No screen tearing and you still can get max fps
- Your desktop refresh rate stays the same
- applications appear to run faster than builtin borderless modes, though this could just be a placebo

The vsync like behavior is a result of the compositing window manager which Win10 provides by default. Any windowed application is basically vsynced, provided you have a good video card. But yeah, it's only $3.99 on Steam. But you can get a free version here:

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

For my overscan in the GLideN64 video settings, I have 12U, 13L, 20R, and 17D.

For Adjust Windows bounds in Borderless Gaming, I have 0L, 0R, -46T, and 23B.

These settings will hide the toolbars at the top and the black bar at the bottom for a perfect full image.

Smile

T3chnobone
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If your having problems with nrage accepting inputs when preesing both up/down left/right to strafe diagonally then please have a look at this fork of nrages plugin. Worked for me https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/dp8ooj/hi_all_little_share_regarding_to_the_nrage_plugin/

e2zippo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

T3chnobone wrote:
If your having problems with nrage accepting inputs when preesing both up/down left/right to strafe diagonally then please have a look at this fork of nrages plugin. Worked for me https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/dp8ooj/hi_all_little_share_regarding_to_the_nrage_plugin/

Nice! How would you set it up, should I use Xinput?

PimpUigi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, updated to the latest stuff and I'm getting hitches every five seconds or so? It always seems to hitch when it changes from the Nintendo logo to the Rare logo. Any ideas???

(I don't know how I fixed it but it *might* be fixed, I changed tons of things, disabled threaded video among them)
Still hitches when big audio stuff happens it seems.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try using 'GLideN64 Release V2 (Old)' or Jabo 1.6.1

Trov
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

First I wanted to thank you for this mouse injector, playing Perfect Dark with a mouse feels like the way the game was meant to be played from the getgo!

I wanted to share with everyone an HD Font/Menu texture pack I have completed for Perfect Dark, to go along with the Goldeneye one already included with the 1964 GEPD bundle.

Imgur album with more screenshots

This pack replaces all ingame fonts, and all the other 2D UI graphics I could think of (N64 controller in controls screen, firing range & solo mission star medals, etc)

I dont know how to make .htc or .htc files as the Goldeneye pack is stored in, so here is just the textures in the folder for placing in the Plugins/hires_texture folder. Pack was made with GLideN64 4.0, with alternate CRC calculation set to Off.

Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i5i2uvhn7zodt6/Perfect_Dark_HD_Font_UI_TexturePack.zip?dl=0

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for putting in the time Trov, I've added it to the current bundle with credit attribution.

elfor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could you add this cheat code?

From: https://tcrf.net/GoldenEye_007_(Nintendo_64)#Blood_Impacts

Quote:
While characters do have a subtle red tint applied to the places they're shot, the actual impact of a bullet produces sparks. This is because bullet impacts on characters use the same effect as any other surface. There is actually an unused blood spatter effect, which can be applied to characters with the GameShark code below. This blood is bright red and very cartoony looking as a result, not very fitting for the game's more realistic visuals.

Code:
50000F2C 0000
8002C947 0002
50000F2C 0000
8102C94C 4140
50000F2C 0000
8002C953 0002
50000F2C 0000
8102C958 41C0

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Done

elfor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doom 64 Support when?! I ask because of this:

Welcome to the complete reverse engineering of Doom 64
https://github.com/Erick194/DOOM64-RE

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1964 ROM support is unstable outside of GE\PD - it would be better to use this fork of mupen64 https://github.com/Drahsid/mupen64plus-core-wren

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 49 of 53

Jump to: