ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
great job: GE work so smoothless, and mouse can be used so easily.

Does someone tested play online with 1964 ?

deuxsonic wrote:
https://tcrf.net/File:GoldenEye-SightAlt.png

This is an unused crosshair in the GoldenEye ROM already that looks a lot like Perfect Dark's crosshair; could it potentially be made visible as an optional persistent crosshair?

this is a good idea, but in PD the crosshair in 1920 resolution is too big and so can't be used to be accurate.

I have tested GE with the overlay crosshair (dont get it to work in full screen:/ )

and this game became more than awesome
any solution ?

Carnivorous wrote:
I've finished a new HUD texture pack for GoldenEye, it comes with a new crosshair. Comparison - original old new

is this the same as related down ?

Carnivorous wrote:
GlideN64 2.0 is not compatible with the texture pack. It has a number of issues if I try to use the texture pack such as breaking font placement or randomly stretching during gameplay.

Newer WIP builds use the texture pack correctly but I find them unstable so I've kept the 2.0 release for now. When GLideN64 is more stable I will update the bundle plugin with the texture pack, but if you'd like to try it out now here is the htc file. Extract this in the plugin folder of 1964 to install, and turn on Texture Enhancement > Texture Pack > Use texture pack in GLideN64 settings.
https://files.catbox.moe/jmumvk.7z

don't manage to get this working :/

Anyway, I have tested GE / GE-X / GE janus's mod / PD . all works very fine

if online/lan works, I will test GE-X coop Wink (a GE-X coop randomised with janus mod will be wonderful ^^ )

Last edited by youb on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have not been able to test this emulator since my PC does not turn on

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

youb wrote:
Hi,
great job: GE work so smoothless, and mouse can be used so easily.

Does someone tested play online with 1964 ?
Online play does not work with 1964. It does support splitscreen multiplayer if you connect multiple mice/keyboards.

youb wrote:
deuxsonic wrote:
https://tcrf.net/File:GoldenEye-SightAlt.png

This is an unused crosshair in the GoldenEye ROM already that looks a lot like Perfect Dark's crosshair; could it potentially be made visible as an optional persistent crosshair?

this is a good idea, but in PD the crosshair in 1920 resolution is too big and so can't be used to be accurate.

I have tested GE with the overlay crosshair (dont get it to work in full screen:/ )

and this game became more than awesome
any solution ?
There is a new option for the Mouse Injector that will allow you to always show the crosshair for GE. But I find it a little too large so instead use this ROM. As for PD, you would be better off using a mod or replacing the crosshairs using the editor.

youb wrote:
Carnivorous wrote:
I've finished a new HUD texture pack for GoldenEye, it comes with a new crosshair. Comparison - original old new

is this the same as related down ?

Carnivorous wrote:
GlideN64 2.0 is not compatible with the texture pack. It has a number of issues if I try to use the texture pack such as breaking font placement or randomly stretching during gameplay.

Newer WIP builds use the texture pack correctly but I find them unstable so I've kept the 2.0 release for now. When GLideN64 is more stable I will update the bundle plugin with the texture pack, but if you'd like to try it out now here is the htc file. Extract this in the plugin folder of 1964 to install, and turn on Texture Enhancement > Texture Pack > Use texture pack in GLideN64 settings.
https://files.catbox.moe/jmumvk.7z

don't manage to get this working :/
Yes it's the same, just use Glide64 and it will work automatically.

Johnny Thunder wrote:
I have not been able to test this emulator since my PC does not turn on
Ok

youb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Online play does not work with 1964. It does support splitscreen multiplayer if you connect multiple mice/keyboards.

Sad seems to work with 1964 0.8.4 but unfortunaly this is not your awesome optimised version

Carnivorous wrote:
There is a new option for the Mouse Injector that will allow you to always show the crosshair for GE. But I find it a little too large so instead use this ROM. As for PD, you would be better off using a mod or replacing the crosshairs using the editor.

yes too large!
patch working on a fresh rom (xdelta), not on a 100% unlocked and/or can't unlock to 100% game if crosshair is applied to rom( with goldeneye setup editor: error crc missmatch) .

about textures:
Carnivorous wrote:
Yes it's the same, just use Glide64 and it will work automatically.

Get it working with GglideN64 (not perfect in menus) after placing in it plugin/cache.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I use the beta crosshair patch, will it still use the normal crosshair as a cursor or does it change it for everything? Also, what do I use to make the changes to the ROM if I don't want to use a hex editor?

Another question I have is I am comparing my old mouseinjector INI with the new one and I try to just edit in the new settings, but since you only place values in it and not the actual names of what the settings are for, it's difficult, particularly since it seems to be the same number of lines. I don't like reconfiguring everything every single time I update and usually just quick copy + paste between config files is nice, so I'm wondering what line I need to change to enable new behavior like the Goldeneye crosshair.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

youb wrote:
Carnivorous wrote:

:( seems to work with 1964 0.8.4 but unfortunaly this is not your awesome optimised version
The Mouse Injector uses memory injection, which is not synced using kaillera. If you want to play GE\PD online I suggest using RetroArch or Mupen64 following this guide here.

deuxsonic wrote:
If I use the beta crosshair patch, will it still use the normal crosshair as a cursor or does it change it for everything?
The patch changes the crosshair for everything.
deuxsonic wrote:
Also, what do I use to make the changes to the ROM if I don't want to use a hex editor?
Use the xdelta provided.
deuxsonic wrote:
Another question I have is I am comparing my old mouseinjector INI with the new one and I try to just edit in the new settings, but since you only place values in it and not the actual names of what the settings are for, it's difficult, particularly since it seems to be the same number of lines. I don't like reconfiguring everything every single time I update and usually just quick copy + paste between config files is nice, so I'm wondering what line I need to change to enable new behavior like the Goldeneye crosshair.
There is an extra line added to the INI file, it goes as follows: FOV, ge show crosshair, autolock mouse on focus and the mouse lock key. This is what I have at the bottom of my INI file:

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

172 lines total? Why does mine already have that many lines... Did you remove anything?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that is correct. You may have not updated for a while. The PD speedhack was moved from the MI to 1964, and is currently in the process of being rewritten. If you prefer upload your INI file and I'll made the required adjustments if necessary.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last update was I think April 7. If 1 line was removed since then (the speed hack), what line was it on? Do I need to update 1964.cfg or .ini as a result of the move?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deuxsonic wrote:
Last update was I think April 7. If 1 line was removed since then (the speed hack), what line was it on? Do I need to update 1964.cfg or .ini as a result of the move?
1964.cfg is fine, the input/settings block is the same. Just make a backup of the ini and try loading it.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deuxsonic wrote:

Hey! Deuxsonic is back!

Me: Here's Johnny!

Dwayne (falliyng from the helicopter): aaaaahhhhhhgggggg!

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'm back I guess.

Does the PD hack have any settings in 1964? You say that the settings for 1964 haven't changed so I'm guessing it is always used then?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder wrote:
deuxsonic wrote:

Hey! Deuxsonic is back!

Me: Here's Johnny!

Dwayne (falliyng from the helicopter): aaaaahhhhhhgggggg!
Ok
deuxsonic wrote:
Does the PD hack have any settings in 1964? You say that the settings for 1964 haven't changed so I'm guessing it is always used then?
The PD speedhack is located under overclock menu, the first one you want to turn on is 'PD Speed-hack' which is the same from the Mouse Injector. The boost will trigger it more aggressively, which has some side effects. These will be replaced soon with a actual asm hack to properly lock the engine at 60fps.

youb
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
The Mouse Injector uses memory injection, which is not synced using kaillera. If you want to play GE\PD online I suggest using RetroArch or Mupen64 following this guide here.

I will try on the same computer

Carnivorous wrote:

crosshair patch working on a fresh rom (xdelta), not on a 100% unlocked and/or can't unlock to 100% game if crosshair is applied to rom( with goldeneye setup editor: error crc missmatch) .

solved :http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=59692&sid=69c4cab48cce7bc097e03e0c0afc4024

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm tempted now to just wait until you finish rewriting the speed hack; that way I'll have even more of a reason to go through the whole config upgrade fun.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 31 of 53

Jump to: