ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update the CRC using rn64crc. It will not boot if the checksum fails.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright that worked. Thanks for the extra info.

Last edited by deuxsonic on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Apply the patch then update the CRC using the arguments: rn64crc.exe "romfilenamehere.z64" -u

This step was most likely left out as the geeditor will auto update CRC after applying xdelta/IPS patches.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The show crosshair in goldeneye option in the mouse injector plugin config... Does this relate at all to the hack I just did or is it talking about the crosshair only showing up when using aim as would only be visible with an unhacked ROM?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The show crosshair IPS patch is the exact same hack that is applied by the mouse injector. I gave coockie the code so non-mouse players can also use the hack.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So do I need a hacked ROM to have the crosshair?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, the mouse injector crosshair hack can be applied to all GE roms and romhacks without needing to patch them.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright went back to the original ROM. I've updated to the latest release and the mouse movement in the game no longer works. It detects mouse clicks and the tab key still shows/hides the Windows cursor, but it's not working regardless of how the focus loss setting is set.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright I had to press Backspace to inject? Why is it not injecting automatically? There's a regression here somewhere.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear so, can you explain in more detail how it's not working? If you disable option 'unlock mouse on window loss' it will always accept input regardless of what window is focused. I compared the device code from May and the only difference was this option change, which is strange as it should work.

Edit: I did not see your second post. Yes, the mouse injector will not automatically start injecting until you press the activation key unlike previously. If you would prefer I can make a compile that will autostart injection after game start.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had it create a new mouseinjector.ini, even with the unlock option disabled it does not inject automatically.

I start the games from shortcuts so that the game starts immediately so it does not make sense to not have an option to have the injection happen automatically. I will look back through the thread but I'm fairly certain I specifically requested this be an option previously.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You did, and I apologize for the accident. Please try out this build: https://files.catbox.moe/oeljcy.zip

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the older settings screen. If the old setting injects as soon as the program has focus and the new setting disables on loss of focus, these seem like they could both be present and not interfere with each other.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will include both options for the next update, thanks for the feedback

Edit: Please try the latest version - thanks!

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That works. Thanks for fixing it. One other thing you might add since the location is known is a checkbox for swapping crosshairs in Goldeneye with the beta one, as it is smaller and simpler and works better I think as a persistent crosshair.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 35 of 53

Jump to: