ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not have a MS account but you're able to submit files that are falsely flagged at this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, Carnivorous.
I wanted to look if you ever worked on the GE64 Bundle since. I saw the Thread´s Name is "1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2019/01/01)".
But the last post from this thread and the first are both from 2018. Is there a new Version that i missed that is from 01.01.2019?
And when there is not a version from 2019, which is the last version currently?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1/1/19 is the last update

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anyway to make it so this emulator can hide it's surrounding window when a game is launched in Windowed mode?

I use Borderless Gaming for almost every single game I play. It actually eliminates screen tearing issues, giving the illusion of vsync while tricking it into fullscreen! What else is neat about this is that I can basically max out the latest version of glide with no performance issues on my system. The screen tearing is crazy visible in PD, but I don't want to enable vsync and have everything stutter/go to a crawl. So, if it's possible to hide the surrounding window in windowed mode, then that would be awesome!

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the furthest I got.

Unchecking the display bar removes the bottom, but having an option to remove everything else at the top would be sweet! Then maybe the escape key can bring it all back or something.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1964 is written around the fact that the toolbar will always be present. I tried to hide it but it still draws the video area below the toolbar, leaving a white space of where it was previously. To remove that white space I had to comment out SetupToolBar() which breaks hotkey support. I do not recommend this build but it might be good enough for your case.

https://files.catbox.moe/3qsqkh.zip

NutShot
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
1964 is written around the fact that the toolbar will always be present. I tried to hide it but it still draws the video area below the toolbar, leaving a white space of where it was previously. To remove that white space I had to comment out SetupToolBar() which breaks hotkey support. I do not recommend this build but it might be good enough for your case.

https://files.catbox.moe/3qsqkh.zip

A good use would be to just use both exes in the folder. They work together in the same folder. So whenever you need to configure something for 1964, launch the normal 1964.exe. But when you are finished with all the configuring, you only launch 1964_NoToolBar.exe from now on and have a nice Borderless Screen. That´s how i would do it.

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely a lot better! But there is absolutely no way to hide the options?

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Couldn't you do what Snes9X does which is pressing escape to tuck the top bar in and out?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think so - it's within the UI initialization function. Maybe it can work as a command line argument but as it breaks hotkey support I'd rather not. The UI portion of 1964 is quite poor and I don't have the time to rewrite to allow toolbar toggle

PimpUigi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In Goldeneye is there going to be an update to the HUD's texture pack to make the ammo type look nicer? Like bullets, remote mine, rocket, etc.
On GlideN64 with the HTC pack, it looks like giant pixels, and on Glide64 it just looks like a blur. (don't know what setting changes it between blurry/pixelated on either)

I also noticed that the 30 FPS gameshark code still doesn't let the titlescreen animate the same speed as actual hardware; how can I edit this code to try out like, 40/45/50 fps?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ammo may be given new icons but this is not possible with Glide64 as it does not detect the textures [in my experience]. A GLideN64 texture pack will be added to the bundle when these two issues have been resolved - they currently prevent me from including it

The 30fps cheat won't emulate the circle speed correctly, but Bond's walking animation does play back at the correct frame rate, are you enabling it before the intro starts? I'm using GLideN64 with default settings

PimpUigi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Am enabling it before launching the game, yes.
I was just trying to get the music to play at the same cues as hardware so that when the title Goldeneye appears after the Gunbarrel scene, the same notes are playing. (I know that's obscure/picky, but I figured if I could adjust the FPS number, I'd get close)

So are you saying an htc pack exists for GlideN64 with the Ammo type textures? I did grab an htc pack from one of your earlier posts and, definitely GlideN64 seems to be sporadic. On my end it either crashes five seconds into a level, or won't crash for hours on end unless I start alt+tabbing.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's possible to fix the intro for GE to match console at 60fps but this would break GE ROM hacks so I opted out of it. The way the GS code works is by replacing a or instruction for _scHandleRSP() @ address 8/700010D8. You're welcome to try hacking that function

The HTC pack posted previously does not contain ammo icons, I've only done so with my own private pack using assets from GoldenEye: Source. As I don't have permission to reuse them - I can't distribute the pack. The crash itself is mostly triggered by bringing up the watch at the start as reported in the issue thread. I'd rather not include the GLideN64 texture pack until the crash has been fixed

PimpUigi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's not possible to have a checkbox for the intro in user options then? Would it also fix how fast the blood comes down when you die??

And then I suppose instructions for me to move the assets from Source to HTC would suffice...I don't know how to go about such things these days.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 45 of 53

Jump to: