ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most users do not check 1964's settings and this will might have potential issues with custom ROM hacks such as the footsteps patch. It also needs to be applied before the ROM is loaded due to the recompiler caching _scHandleRSP(). For those reasons I would rather not include it at all. You're free to apply such thing to your own ROMs https://files.catbox.moe/qzfyvs.7z

I don't think it will do the same for the blood effect in-game, that seems like a hardcoded timing thing.

I ended up converting the ammo icons from TGA to PNG, then resizing to the expected ratio in-game. There is some clamping so it isn't as simple as renaming a PNG file

PimpUigi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IPS patch worked and I was able to figure out how to apply it! Thank you CarCar! Very Happy

PimpUigi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just in case anyone else applies this IPS patch, one thing I am encountering with it is that I have to run the non-patched Goldeneye first. Once I see the first screen (before the Nintendo logo screen) then I stop the emulation and load the Fixed Intro GE Rom.

Otherwise if I just try to load the patched ROM first, I just get a black screen.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The IPS patch requires regenerating the CRC after patching

PimpUigi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How do I regenerate the CRC?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Use rn64crc or the setup editor to apply the IPS patch

carlosedt
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you play 60fps + mouse with netplay? I tried but the game never load..

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not compatible - MI uses memory injection while kaillera based solutions rely on lock stepping controller input between players, not to mention 1964 is known to desynchronize randomly anyway

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to GE netplay try Mupen64++ or Parsec

Prenihility
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Carnivorous, been using your emulator again for PD. I was just wondering why I ran into an issue. I started the game up one day and noticed one of my save files was gone. And every time I load up it keeps saying "Game Pak has been damaged or inserted incorrectly". Something like that, anyway. I can attempt a repair or continue without game pak. I actually tried repairing and it says it's successful but it repeats the message again when trying to load. When I continue without Game Pak it has two of my other saves.

How are saves managed and what's the overall best practice when it comes to saves. I noticed you can't actually "switch" Game Paks. Still a little confused on that.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the bug report - the issue has been fixed. Update and delete any mempak save files that exceed 32kb. If this doesn't resolve the issue then I apologize for the bug - likely a corrupt save occurred and broke the file

Prenihility
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, you figured out a solution just like that? wow. That's impressive. But I can't actually find any .mem files. I can only find .m0, .m1, .m2, etc. files and .EEPs. I have an M3 file that's 128KB.

Also. I would like to address an issue that I believe I have a workaround for. Not sure how viable of a solution this is for people, or if someone perhaps might have found a better solution. But when using the Mouse injector for PD/GE controls, I noticed in PD you can't actually zoom in and out with the Sniper Rifle. I made my own fix. I know that the Injector is meant to be used with the 1.2 control style. But mine uses the in-game 1.1 control style.

You first have to change the injector control scheme to Custom and set Forward to "Tab", Backwards to "Alt", then Analog Up to "W" and Analog Down to "S". Also set Strafe Left to "A" and Strafe Right to "D". This replaces to default "WASD" configuration in the "WASD" Profile. It works really well and you can now zoom in and out with the Sniper Rifle or anything else that has a zoom function.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Memory pak files have m# as the extension with # being the player number. Sniper zoom is W/S as listed in the readme - I don't recommend reusing the tab button as it is currently set to cursor toggle for 1964.

Prenihility
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Memory pak files have m# as the extension with # being the player number. Sniper zoom is W/S as listed in the readme - I don't recommend reusing the tab button as it is currently set to cursor toggle for 1964.

Hmm, I deleted mempak files exceeding 32 KB and I still get the message. What can I do?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most likely a corrupt save occurred and broke the file, sorry

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 46 of 53

Jump to: