ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

2x Weapons & No Reloads Plus...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: 2x Weapons & No Reloads Plus... Reply with quote Back to top

Download page: http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=319

Spent a bit of time setting this up, but it's going to take more to fix it. If you set a weapon to mirror in your left hand, it either becomes invisible (console) or parts are drawn inside out (emulator). I need to edit each weapon model (normal and low definition versions) to not make use of drawing commands that set which side a polygon will be drawn from. I fixed the Shotgun and Sniper Rifle thus far. Here's a first look at what the patch will feature...

If there is enough interest, I'll keep plowing through the files. I've made sure to remove any extra hands, which were present when using old GameShark codes. Certain textures will appear reversed on the left weapon, like the dD logo or "caution" on the rocket launcher. Minor detail to overlook.

Last edited by Wreck on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

)lllo hehe he he

this is good, can this be extended to the simulants or single player adventure too? the old feels of terror that Jaws had in GE with his double AR33 can be extended to some PD characters too

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice!

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you look closely you can see that wreck is on AF1 which is a single player map.
Also as far as I know, AI could always hold 2 weapons.

Although I prefer the PD weapon handling system I see the love in this and there will be some that apretiate it greatly. Smile

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have this mostly finished, but some more of the lower resolution weapons used in 2-Player + modes need to be completed. An interesting note, though it may not mean anything, is that three weapons were already good to go as paired (lefty mirrored). Those are the Callisto NTG, RC-P120 and Laser. More weapons look good or perfectly fine when paired, than not visually pleasant. Namely the Shotgun, which looks a touch odd. Especially when you need to pump it between rounds. The only weapons that cannot be paired (by my choice), are the Reaper and Psychosis Gun. Reaper is clearly in the center of the screen, is quite large, and shoots blistering fast. Psychosis Gun only lets you use four rounds, so dual wielding them makes no sense.

As for Simulants, they have been setup to use the paired weapons. Don't be surprised if they seem even more deadly this way. Two K7 Avengers emptying out at you will deplete your health meter real quick. Oh, and they will reload as fast as you can now, too. Them DarkSims will be pleased. Wink

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like this, gives a GoldenEye Feel to Perfect Dark, looking forward to giving it a go Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is very interesting (even though I'm violently opposed to anything that delays the release of Goldeneye X v0.6!) but in real life, do people ever dual wield firearms? Even if not, then that doesn't mean they shouldn't be in a game (realism in a game isn't nearly as important as enjoyment, of course), but I don't remember seeing dual wielding in any genuine footage of gun usage.

Wreck wrote:
Psychosis Gun only lets you use four rounds, so dual wielding them makes no sense.

Plus there'd be no reason for shooting two Psychosis Gun bullets (or whatever they're called) at one person.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
but in real life, do people ever dual wield firearms?

I think PD pretty much has it right.

You can dual weild pistols but not reload very easy.
Rifles are much more dificult.
You can put them on a sling like Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) does in Aliens, but again, reloads take longer.

Old musket pistols were often dual wielded since it gave you 2 shots before the very long reloads.

Basically, dual wielding of pistols is only to give a burst of firepower and not for sustained shooting (at chich point you have to put one down anyway)

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like to boost the skills in a game like in this case with dual weapons, always had missed in PD to be able to have dual weapons of: Callisto, RCP-120, AR34, KF7-Avenger, Dragon, Superdragon grenade launcher and rocket launcher.

I completely agree with 00action, it gives a feeling GE to PD. Although I regret the loss of dual weapons in GEX (which was done to give more realism) and therefore a little lost the feeling GE in GEX, since GE had dual weapons and that is the true GE.

On the other hand I am also in agreement with Kerr Avon, I do not like that sometimes projects like GEX and Golfinger are delayed. Is a decision of the teams of the GEX and Goldfinger projects, but I personally think that major projects should be prioritized.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You see smaller weapons with lesser recoil being dual wielded in films, and even larger ones in the hands of a muscular hero (like Schwarzenegger). I know the MP5K was paired in the first Underworld movie (vampires vs werewolves), but since it is designed with a forward grip, it felt more appropriate with two hands. Plus, when you see other characters holding certain weapons in GoldenEye, you'll see them with both hands on. That was used as one of the deciding factors. I also tried to mimic Rare's decisions in Perfect Dark.

As for delaying GE-X: sometimes you need to break away from a project temporarily to change focus onto something else, just so you don't burn yourself out or go crazy. Razz

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, you're right when he says: In addition, when you see other characters holding certain weapons in GoldenEye, you'll see them with both hands (I assume it refers to the enemies in GE). We know a little what happens in video games and films about James Bond, enemies must always be something more clumsy than James Bond, so wt no wonder that they are enemies who can only carry a weapon, while Bond is a A single type, he can carry two weapons of whatever weight, can be hunted by hundreds of armed men and escape without any injury, always escapes from any explosion or danger totally healthy and always maintaining the elegance and style, will not fail in any of the Missions assigned to them, all this in real life is almost impossible for any man even if it belongs to some military or police elite ............ I think a bit of the irony about this thought is Which made it unique to GE, that is, I think some people when they play want to feel like James Bond (as it usually is in movies, although we already know that this in GE depends on the player himself, as he plays). That's why I think total realism does not fit the Bond world well.

I would like to suggest for GEX, a patch with dual weapons, and the other holding each weapon with 2 hands.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Allow me to just place these words here that sum up my thoughts too:
Wreck wrote:
Some may not agree with or understand my choices. If others want to alter things to their own liking, the Editor has all the tools necessary to try their hand at it. But if someone just wants a 1:1 copy of GoldenEye 007, than GE-X may not be for them. Especially now that there are reload animations and fewer paired weapons.

The other option we have is to say, If you want GoldenEye with sims, stick to pre-5c and play vanilla GE for single player since that what you really want to do.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I nearly have this finished now. All weapons show fine on console for all player amounts (regular and lo-res models). I have also been updating the GE Classics, fixing the few issues they had originally in PD, and putting them in Combat Simulator. Timed Mines can be used by Sims, instead of the Remotes that they cannot detonate. I don't know if anyone has any requests. I should fix the Sim Shotgun firing rate, as I did with GE-X recently. I could also poke at the magnums, as I thought Sims could fire a bit more quickly with them.

Edit: Played around with the magnums, and got something going. When you hold the fire button, it shoots at the normal pace. This is quite a bit slower than the Sim, who doesn't react to either the special firing animation, or momentary delay after a round has been fired. I couldn't do the same thing as I did for the Shotgun. However, I managed to increase the rate at which you can quick shot by repeatedly pressing the fire button. Much like the PP9i or CC13, which can both empty out faster by doing so. I tested some values, and am satisfied with what I settled on. It doesn't make the animation look off, and can allow you to pretty well match the Simulant.

Anything else that would be beneficial to this patch?

If I made a different GE-X patch for everything new that people didn't like, I'd have dozens of combinations...

Punch vs. Slap
Disarm vs. No Disarm
Blur vs. No Blur
Reloads vs. No Reloads
2x All Weapons vs. Realistic Carry
Death Chasms vs. None
New Citadel vs. Old Citadel
PD Weapons in VR vs. Not in VR
etc, etc, etc...

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like its going to be a great patch , Wreck. You minds well just anticipate pressing start again when someone comes at you with double Cyclones :O
Its amazing to me how these "old" N64 games have so much life left in them when someone with the skill and love for the game works on them. Goes to show you how great the gameplay was. Check out the hi-res WWF No Mercy mods for N64. Amazing work on that game as well. One of the mods have over 200 wrestlers!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I should be able to have a patch out by maybe tomorrow night. Can't think of anything else to add or modify right now. If anyone has any reasonable suggestions, let me know!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: