ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

2x Weapons & No Reloads Plus...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello:

For ideas I can give some about using textures of other levels in multiplayer levels:

Complex:
- I would like to have used the rusty textures of the Pipes level, the dD Investigation level, the textures of the A-51 Infiltration level, or Deep Sea (I can imagine a completely green complex)

Ravine:
- the textures of the Deep Sea level, or the brick walls of the Chicago level,

G5 Building;
- the textures of the floor and walls of the Carrington Institute.

Sewers:
-texture level textures or Skedar Attack Ship.

Warehouse:
- I would like to have used the rusty textures of the Pipes level, the dD Investigation level, the textures of the A-51 Infiltration level, or Deep Sea (I can imagine a completely green complex)

Grid:
-the textures of Skedar Attack Ship, Deep Sea or Pelagic II.

Ruins:
-the textures of Skedar Attack Ship, Deep Sea, Pelagic II, Villa Carrington.

Area52:

Base:
- Grid level textures.

Villa:
- I would like to see the oxidized textures of the Pipes level, the dD Investigation level, the textures of the A-51 Infiltration level, or Deep Sea (I can imagine a completely green complex), Ruins MP.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't planning on editing the existing Perfect Dark levels, but adding more content. Or maybe there is a weird bug or mistake that needs fixing. Anything that is partly broken or could benefit from minor adjustments.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Then Wreck, you can use more multiplayer levels of GE, add them and use the PD textures on them.

I can think of some elements or objects used in PD levels that can be used in the MP levels of GE, as was done with the Library level, using the institute logo or dataDyne on a wall:

- A-51 Inflitration level steel beams.
-the Attack Ship hologram.
- Walls that can be destroyed used in places such as gates (datadyne infiltration, Skedar, G5 and A51 levels)
- some of the pillars used on the Skedar level.
-Elevators.

I can not think of more ideas because I do not know what kind of mod you try to do Wreck. Ie you do not intend to introduce elements of other games in the future, such as levels, objects or new weapons and even give a new style with new textures. If so, I have some ideas.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In:

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=67311#67311

I've just posted to ask if it's possible to transfer all of Goldenye X's multiplayer levels into Perfect Dark, so that you'd have exactly PD's multiplayer, but in Goldeneye's multiplayer maps (plus the additional maps, such as Citadel and Icicle Pyramid). You might have to overwrite the normal PD multiplayer maps (unless you can extend the rom size) but that wouldn't matter, as if you want to play PD's multiplayer with the PD multiplayer maps then you can *gasp* play an unmodified PD rom Very Happy

If you could do this, and include your version of The Stack, and your new level, then that would be brilliant!

And you could call the resulting rom Perfect Dark: Spy School, or Perfect Dark: Assignment GX, or Perfect Dark: Extended Training, or Perfect Dark: Arena.

Or maybe Perfect Dark: Old School Training!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have replied about that sort of thing in other threads, so you can check out my response if you have not yet already.

I spent a little time correcting an issue in Stack, involving the dD logo that hangs up on a wall next to the balcony lift. I had it as part of the background file, but since we don't know all the special details with environment mapped architecture in PD, there was a lighting issue whenever weapons or explosions were used in the area. The dD logo would turn darker and stop using the environment mapping effect until the firing or flames subsided. I extracted it, made it into a prop, put it into place, and it functions correctly. I needed to do the same before in GE-X with the Egypt pillar and the Bunker eye.

Next will be getting back to the bonus level.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Making progress on the other level. I am adding in some new details to give it a bit more life, while also adding that PD feel. People may not be super thrilled with certain adjustments, but it's in an effort to get around some of the clipping issues that I could never quite fix. Rare also added railings to Complex here and there, so it isn't without precedent. We'll just have to see how it goes over once released. I may know which level I might take on next, but I will need to return to GoldenEye X after this one.

Edit: More progress made. I am hoping to have it done within the next few days. Just a few more background tweaks, clipping alterations, and edits to the AI Path Network. I think this modified PD version may end up being preferred over the GE original, mostly because of the heavy change in tone. That may have just given away which map it is, but you will see it quite soon, anyway.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The level may be finished, unless I decide on any other changes / additions. I grabbed some pictures, which I will try to share maybe tomorrow night. I remembered that the GE ammo crate is rotated 90 degrees differently than the PD model, so I corrected the positions. I have to look at Stack for that. Good chance they are wrong right now. Stay tuned for more info and updates.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Release could possibly be tomorrow. I'll probably post a new thread once it has been uploaded.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Release could possibly be tomorrow. I'll probably post a new thread once it has been uploaded.

Any update on this, mate?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's up now! See the new thread for info. Smile

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It's up now! See the new thread for info. Smile

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: