ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

2x Weapons & No Reloads Plus...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This will be delayed for a little bit, as I've finally gotten around to working on something that has been on my agenda for a long time. It will be released in this patch, so it will be your first chance to check it out. No hints, no previews. Stay tuned! Wink

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm…. What could it be? I’m intrigued!
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have it close to completion. I already went back over it to make changes after getting about halfway through, as I found something better to use. That may happen again, but should be quicker to deal with now. Once looks are finished up, it's all about function. Hopefully it turns out well enough and people get some enjoyment out of it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I ran into a few roadblocks, which I'm working through. This is fairly new for me, so there was bound to be some issues popping up. I'll explain later about them. But I think I've gotten over the hump, so it should hopefully just be some cleanup for now. Unless I get another idea... though that may need to wait until after the initial release. Just don't get too excited wondering what it might be. You'll end up disappointed if you start that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Threw together a patch and asked SubDrag to add it into the Vault. You can grab it at the following link...

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=319

I'll post more info tomorrow or another date. Til then, give it a whirl! Make sure to check out the bonus Classic arena while you're at it. Wink

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, the stack looks cool, dD took it over from the Ruskies.

Trev

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's pretty great, makes PD multi far more fast paced. The new stack map is great.

I did have a bug to report, the default hill color is black. It used to be green. Is this intentional or changed by accident?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh? That's bizarre. Maybe the Editor did something to it accidentally. Not sure I even entered the section of the Game Configuration menu (39850 mods) that affects Hills or team colour stuff. I didn't do much testing outside the Stack and weapons. I appreciate the bug reports and feedback from everybody here.

I do plan to extend this into Library, with a retextured basement area. I redid the texturing multiple times, since I ran into some unsatisfactory results at one point. The red lower walls were a greyscale image using RGBA colours to look red. However, when you fired a weapon, or set off an explosion, the flash of light would brighten the rooms, giving the red walls a dull pink appearance. So I ended up making a new version of the texture, precoloured red, and updated everything. That meant splitting up the wall display lists, since they shared the same texture for upper and lower. I also edited the floor tile texture colour to be less red, since firing lit the room and made it really reddish. Took a few tests with each to strike a balance between looks and brightening from weapon discharge.

Oh, yes... All done with the GE Visual Editor and a hex editing program. Razz

The lift was added for fun. I made sure people could still use the area to snipe others, and there is enough space at the railing to stand on comfortably. Was glad I could get the Sims to use the lift, and determined more pad flags in the process.

The added railings helped a lot to fine tune the AI path network. With the railing free GoldenEye original, they needed to drop off from anywhere. I imagine Rare added railings to PD's Complex to help Sim navigation, as well. I may need to revisit Stack / Library in GE-X to see if improvements can be made to the network.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say the Stack level is beautiful, i love it! its so niclely done it looks like its always been there great job wreck. oh and the 2x all guns is also awsome Smile
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What I liked most about this patch has been the new Stack level, those rusty reddish textures reminds me a lot of Quake, I've always liked that kind of textures, which is not if the textures used belong to PD. I do not know if it was his intention to make some kind of wink at some particular game of the 90's or 2000's, but it's something that I like, even though it refreshes a game like PD, it also brings back memories of nostalgia. Good job Wreck.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, fellas. I didn't have any inspiration or reference to use when retexturing the Stack. I just wanted to keep it similar to the original, but with a different colour scheme, while using PD images. I went with a maroon wall colour, as that sort of tone exists in some other PD levels (Investigation, Pipes). The floor and upper walls have a slight blue tint to blend better. I liked the ramps and railings from Complex, so those worked nicely. The transparent red grate from Pipes is pretty cool, and fits in real well. I wanted to add something eye catching, so I stole the dD logo from the Lucerne Tower foyer and put it on the wall next to the overlooking balcony. It's a project I've wanted to take on for quite some time now, and was satisfied with the results. But the full Library will need to be finished later on. I have some ideas, but texturing will be time consuming to sort out.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEye Stack level is now in Perfect Dark, totally remastered and with the dataDyne (dD) logo, fantastic, I liked it a lot, this mod works on my Wii, I use the Not64

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am planning another PD patch, but I am not sure on the 2x Weapons / No Reloads version. After playing it a bit against a Sim, I found the difficulty to be quite brutal. They could cut you down almost immediately when equipped with some pairings. Really killed the fun for me. The other patch would still have Stack and the classic GE weapons, as well as additional characters and a bonus level. Maybe within the next two to three weeks I can have a release ready.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I am planning another PD patch, but I am not sure on the 2x Weapons / No Reloads version. After playing it a bit against a Sim, I found the difficulty to be quite brutal. They could cut you down almost immediately when equipped with some pairings. Really killed the fun for me. The other patch would still have Stack and the classic GE weapons, as well as additional characters and a bonus level. Maybe within the next two to three weeks I can have a release ready.

I'm no fan of the no-reload part personally, as reloading is a slightly tactical thing, knowing when to reload before you have to is a vital skill in a firefight normally, and I personally wouldn't choose to remove the reload function from the game. I'm also not too keen on the 2x weapons, especially since, as you say, it can enable your enemies to kill you before you've even started to dodge them. 2x weapons is an interesting variation, but not for me - personally I'm always really keen to see more levels in PD, so that's the big draw of this and the upcoming new patch.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The no reloads really kind of became a necessity when weilding dual two-handed weapons, and made it feel more like GoldenEye. I totally get where you're coming from with the reload animations requiring extra time, thus forcing players to be more strategic. The reloads will definitely be present in the upcoming patch.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to share them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: