ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Faster lo-res PD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheInsaneDarkOne
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I finally had some extra time to test the game with some friends and the results are definetely something, seems the game is indeed running smoother, specially in split screen and with bots and such! Smile

There are still some lags here in the gameplay but mostly things related to the emulator loading data, like animations and weapon models, but, other than that, yeah, the frame rate issues in normal play seems to be much less of a pain! ^^

For making the final version available here, will need to learn how to do this DeltaPatch version and, solve the issues with Joanna´s body invisble and the Datadyne Sniper, which seems to be bugging the textures with the head and body, so, will re-patch the original models in these two cases

Not a clue when I will have available time to fix everything but, learning how to do the Delta Patch, will definetely share it here to the ones interested, it was a great thing to do for me and, I hope, a nice for the community just as well!

LEt me know if you can share some info about the Delta Patch or any tutorial I can reach into! And, of course, thanks for all the help so far! Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll probably need to replace Jo combat body with the original model, but I can look at the dD Sniper models. Could just be something weird in them that the Editor doesn't currently support.

Great to hear there are improvements, which may be even more noticeable on an actual N64. Emulators can suffer slowdown while loading weapon models.

There may be a tutorial on the GE Vault site on how to generate Xdelta patches. If not, we can walk you through it. It is quite easy, and takes less than a minute.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To make a xdelta patch do the following. It's very easy and fast:

-Open GE Editor
-Do 'Tools' -> 'Xdelta Patching' -> 'Generate Perfect Dark XDelta Patch'
-Select an original Perfect Dark rom.
-Select your Perfect Dark custom rom.
-Name your xdelta patch and save it wherever you want.

Finally share it with the community. Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And that explains that! Hehe. Very simple process, which takes no time at all.

I looked at the dD Sniper models. I haven't seen this before. It looks like each part has 3 versions, rather than just 2. That could have been causing something weird. I changed the drawing distances to only show the 3rd, lowest poly versions. He's pretty bad, but seems to work fine. Well, he's okay from a distance, but once you get in close... Anyway, I will try to get you his updated files soon.

I noticed that the smoke from the guns when fired is disabled in multiplayer, so that's good. You could try removing the muzzle flashes on the guns, if you don't care about them. The easiest way is using the Weapon Stats 2 menu in the Editor. Choose a function, like Single Shot, click the "..." box next to "Function Assist Flags", and click to check mark "Remove Muzzle Flash / Don't Light Room When Fired". You'll need to do that for a lot, as it is by weapon function, rather than the whole weapon. Just one more thing to consider.

Oh, by the way, you might want to download a newer version of the Editor, as there was an issue with the empty Hill colour when exporting a ROM. It went completely black until a team takes it over. When you get a newer Editor, go into the Fonts / Screens menu, and click on the "Revert KOH Color" button near the bottom right. Then save your ROM. That should fix it. You might have to PM SubDrag to ask him where to download a new Editor from (not the entire package, just the tool itself).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the delay!...

http://www.bunkerbattle.com/goldeneye/pd/04A3_CddsniperZ_lo.bin
http://www.bunkerbattle.com/goldeneye/pd/04AE_CheadddsniperZ_lo.bin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: