ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Institute front door weirdness [Model Editor]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Institute front door weirdness [Model Editor] Reply with quote Back to top

What's going on with this door ?
I want to create a similar effect on a map I'm working on...but either there's a problem with it in the editor or there's something I'm missing.

I can't find what's the texture (the stripes) on top of the envmap, plus the model is only one primary room, there's no secondary when extracted.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, this is one of the PD models that uses embedded textures, which unfortunately the editor doesn't really handle, so it shows as untextured (though does rip the embedded textures into the Temp folder, named with their address - 05XXXXXX.bmp). Basically, it is an env mapped texture on the bottom, and then a normal image on top of it. So as the bottom moves, the top stays fixed, so you get that effect.

Not all objects use secondaries, some use both primaries, in identical spots, in order to not let you shoot through it. That doesn't work for levels though, just objects.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Subdrag. As always, really helpful answer. You know your stuff.

I still don't understand, seeing this texture, how it is applied (UV settings).

So well, I'll just use a stripe on with alpha as a secondary room. Should give me the same result. And it's not for an object anyway, but the level.

The space between stripes is perfect for what I wanted so I'd thought to go the easy way and find an example already found in either PD or GE ^^

I want to make some PVC bands (sorry can't find how to say in english, french is my first language).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: