ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Whats upcoming for Goldeneye X?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, a nice thing is that anything made for Perfect Dark or GoldenEye X is that it should be compatible with the other one. It's mostly just textures that you'd need to update, since you would need to put them at different IDs as to not mess anything else up.

I do think some of the Super Mario 64 mods are really well done. Brand new levels, over world areas, different enemy characters, additional power-ups and moves, etc. It's just a massive shame that they aren't console compatible. That's at least one great advantage GE-X has. Otherwise, I'd say there are other projects that are quite impressive.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's very sad that the Mario scene and Zelda aren't as well done as GE and PD.
Wouldn't mind a same easy tool to replace 3D model and graphics for F-zero X thought. ^^

Trickle
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Well, a nice thing is that anything made for Perfect Dark or GoldenEye X is that it should be compatible with the other one. It's mostly just textures that you'd need to update, since you would need to put them at different IDs as to not mess anything else up.

I do think some of the Super Mario 64 mods are really well done. Brand new levels, over world areas, different enemy characters, additional power-ups and moves, etc. It's just a massive shame that they aren't console compatible. That's at least one great advantage GE-X has. Otherwise, I'd say there are other projects that are quite impressive.

They do look great, I haven't played Super Mario Star Road yet. I'll probably end up getting an N64 to USB connector, but nothing beats the real experience. I have an N64 modded for RGB and I use my XRGB-mini =)

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
As in the upcoming release, or the one after that?

Upcoming: extra VR levels, new weapon animations, two more mission level previews, one or two in progress missions, Taser, Platinum Gun, other fixes or additions to VR maps, added lights to some mission backgrounds, GameBoy Transfer Pak cheat unlock support (with a different GBC game), and more?

Next time: more weapon updates, and focus on the mission campaign.

Sounds brilliant! Although I'm a little surprised that you're having unlockables still, when I think many people would prefer to have everything available straight away, so they can just dive into multi-player and choose what they like. Unless you do mean that only the cheats need to be unlocked, which is fair enough.

BTW, do you think you'll ever change the Dam's closing cut-scene slightly, so that Bond, when he falls, is actually connected to a bungie-rope? That would be a nice little touch, even more so if you had to go to the island to pick up the bungie equipment first.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:

BTW, do you think you'll ever change the Dam's closing cut-scene slightly, so that Bond, when he falls, is actually connected to a bungie-rope? That would be a nice little touch, even more so if you had to go to the island to pick up the bungie equipment first.

Hey, good idea! Also, an easy way to unlock everything in GoldenEye X is to go to your save file in the emulator (or Everdrive) and find the Perfect Dark save that you already have everything unlocked in (should be something like PerfectDark.eep), copy it, paste it back in the save folder, and then rename the save file the name of your GoldenEye X ROM. For example, if your GEX ROM was named GoldeneyeX, name your save file GoldeneyeX.eep (or whatever file extension your previous Perfect Dark save was, can't remember off the top of my head)

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="killedbyurmom"]
Kerr Avon wrote:

Also, an easy way to unlock everything in GoldenEye X is to go to your save file in the emulator (or Everdrive) and find the Perfect Dark save that you already have everything unlocked in (should be something like PerfectDark.eep), copy it, paste it back in the save folder, and then rename the save file the name of your GoldenEye X ROM. For example, if your GEX ROM was named GoldeneyeX, name your save file GoldeneyeX.eep (or whatever file extension your previous Perfect Dark save was, can't remember off the top of my head)

That's great to know, thanks. Perhaps Goldeneye X should come with an all-completed game-save, so people can use that, if they choose.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eventually it would be nice to change everything to be unlockables, just like PD (and any other traditional game). But that won't take place until later on, when more is complete. For now, it's best to let players dive right in and experience everything that's there.

Joanna used a rope to get down from the dropship, so it could maybe be repurposed as a bungee cord. But I always thought it an odd concept for Bond to need to locate the equipment over on the island. That's something he should already have with him, as assigned by Q. The island, in my opinion, was more the last line of defense. A heavy gun that could take down the aeroplane Bond and Trevelyan are supposed to fly out together in. It would require some sabotage in order to keep their flight safe. I believe an additional alarm was also meant to be there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: