ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a time to be alive!

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man this is **** great yeah Very Happy - I really like the end of the Video. Very Cool Cool
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I want to note is the sound. The music in the M16 headquarters has a loud buzzing noise to it. It's unbearably loud. Can there be anything done to fix it? Also some sounds seem to be missing from tracks that were in the original game. The sounds needs to really be looked into and fixed.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't check this ATM, but at:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5985

a player says "Furthermore: I realized that the effect of focus pills is still active while/after the player dies. Is this supposed to happen like that?", does that occur for anyone else?

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found another banana bunch of minor bugs.

-Shooting the plastique while it's armed to a wall in Silo no longer makes it explode like in normal GE.

-The skateboarding monitor picture doesn't loop the border across the screen, it stays in place, instead. (Probably was done by scrolling the UV mapping instead of the texture)

-Enemy AI in Silo just love to crouch aim and wait for you when you're not in the same room as you, which makes it far easier to attack them/guards getting stuck in crouched aim.

-Props seem to sink when destroyed? Notable on the breaks on Train, but I think this is a graphics plugin bug.

-The PP7 prop model seems to been accidentally replaced with the Rudolph one. Noticed this on Combat sim, and it might be the reason why people are saying their weapon was red on the ending cutscene to Frigate.

-The Sniper prop model has not been updated with the inclusion of a magazine.

-Sim AI in Icicle pyramid can get stuck on corners. Which looks sorta funny.

Some changes I would do:

-Revert the Nintendo logo back to grey, as the red one is no longer used, and the fact normal GE still used the grey logo.

-Add some sort of level victory theme, maybe using the James Bond theme in a manner similar to how the game uses it quite a bit.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
-Frigate water bug (Might be a 1964 problem)
It's a video plugin bug.

Can anyone play co-op frigate with a bot? I tried but it always fails objective one.

Last edited by Carnivorous on Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Wreck on your release! Smile

Finally some playable missions!!
I have to admit I'm dissapointed with performance. I thought since the PD engine was more capable things would run smother than original GE, but Silo plays definitely worse (specially the gas rooms).
Frigate and Egyptian are on par with the original game but I'm just making comparations in my head. They don't seem to play better.
Statue struggles with no enemies, but since there's little action in that level I don't think it will get a lot worse.

I found something funny in Streets. There are what appears to be several Magsec 4 scattered around the place as part of the backgorund. I found three but there could be more. Laughing

There's a body armor on the right.

Also the last room seems to be missaligned:

In Icicle Pyramid I think the icy central platform should be solid. It's cool to shoot through it, but proyectiles shouldn't do the same. I already changed that for my own interests. I can send you the bgfile if you want.

I need to get used to the new intro logos.
Nintendo red logo is fine. We've seen grey and golden Nintendo logos in many N64 different games. I don't remember any red logo (Jet Force Gemini was 2D so it doesn't count, heh). I think red is more appealing. (Oddly enough, it's showing grey with the Glide64 plugin).
But the Rare logo is another matter. Evil or Very Mad That symbol represents "Rare" at its current form and not the Rare that we all love. :_(

Lastly, I'm missing one feature that should have made it in the previous patch and hasn't make it's appearance yet. JW rings any bells? hehe. Tell me if you still need some help with it or if you have scrapped the idea.

That's A Dam Good Start. Exclamation

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the biggest problem are the guards but I'm sure that they can be fixed with time.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Sogun

That body armour is actually there normally. Also, pretty sure the Magsecs are just the jeeps from Streets with a placeholder model.

Also, were you playing on console, or emulator? As sometimes, romhacks/modded games can run worse when emulated due to the emulator running games with default settings from rom detection failure, rather than the intended settings.

And yeah, the guard AI is what needs to be improved the most, but I think different users should bugtest different levels so progress on fixing things can be done faster, rather than one level at a time.

Overall, Multiplayer, and the weapons seem to be functioning fine, other features are not so far. And depending how quickly Dam can be fixed and ported, progress might be becoming smoother overall.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
@Sogun

That body armour is actually there normally. Also, pretty sure the Magsecs are just the jeeps from Streets with a placeholder model.

Also, were you playing on console, or emulator? As sometimes, romhacks/modded games can run worse when emulated due to the emulator running games with default settings from rom detection failure, rather than the intended settings.

And yeah, the guard AI is what needs to be improved the most, but I think different users should bugtest different levels so progress on fixing things can be done faster, rather than one level at a time.

Overall, Multiplayer, and the weapons seem to be functioning fine, other features are not so far. And depending how quickly Dam can be fixed and ported, progress might be becoming smoother overall.

I mentioned the body armor so it would be easier to know the spot of the Magsec 4, not because there shouldn't be a body armor there, heh.
Actually I never got those body armors in the original game because I was always on the tank.
You are right about the placeholder models. it's probably that.

I was playing on console all the time. This hack deserves to be played on the real thing. Multiplayer runs very smooth.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mission AI is still widely unknown. There are a lot of details that we haven't sorted out as of yet, and certain aspects need to be set within the mission action blocks, rather than relying on the general built-in actions. We're only at the start.

Hmm, I used a different prop ID for the Rudolph weapon, but it is certainly possible that it and the regular PP7 are sharing the same model file. Should be simple fix.

The jeeps weren't done, so it used whatever prop was put at that ID (this case is MagSec). I just didn't bother to remove them, since it would be easy to swap prop IDs when it got ported.

As listed in known bugs and glitches, playing Silo or Frigate in coop will cause the guards to kill all the scientists and civilians immediately. It's probably sharing a character type value between them and the coop partner (Sim or Player).

Some monitor animations have been condensed for space. PD used less monitor data than GoldenEye, and in order to fit it all in, some of the fancy handling was removed or simplified.

Breaking objects in PD are different from GE. They tend to shrink a little and move downward. Many times they even drop out of the level. The models are built differently, and I think Rare did away with the old style. No idea if it's even possible to recreate that.

Firing range door sounds weird. No clue where that came from or when. I will have to look at it, as I hardly even touched that setup or pads.

Trevor, you'll have to PM me your info on the moon room. Would be nice to fix that up, for sure. Hehe, make sure it is put into "dummy" terms for me. Razz

Seems like people found a little Easter... err, Christmas egg! Egyptian is in fact another mission that is fully functional. Still some character related stuff to sort out, but otherwise it is quite far a long.

I wanted all the logos to be a bit different. I always picture the Nintendo logo red, and thought a more current Rare logo would work. It's still the same, just without the blue background and gold trim. Besides, it isn't the "now" Rare working on this game. The old Rare did their part, and now it's our small team doing the rest.

The closest weapon to the GE sniper listed on the firearms Wiki is loaded that way, so it's what we went with. Whether or not it's completely correct isn't a major concern, as the designers took liberties with certain models. PD's sniper is the same, no? It has no magazine added to the prop version, but I guess it could have. Didn't seem overly important. Did PD bother with theirs?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am enjoying multiplayer right now, thanks GEX team. I found a new bug to report. If you completely empty the dd-44 and switch to golden gun the back will be glitched.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While the hanging monitors can explode in solo now, however, they STILL do not work in Bunker VR map. Any reason why they can't work in VR?

And please do not forget to do something about the annoyingly loud buzzing sounds. It's unbearable. Sorry. Can't stress this out enough.

Last edited by Thundera8589 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck should be glad to heard that I couldn't finish Frigate because an Hostage got stuck running around in circle lol
Happened only once out of the 15 or so attempt, so it's ok.

I had lots of fun, I really like playing solo Missions.
As Sogun, I wanted to post about my feelings about performance. I'm surprised the framerate can go so low. I thought it would run better, especially since model have way less polys than PD.
Not something that is a big negative, "GE:X for life, bitches !" but I was expecting it would really run better. I played on hardware only.

I swear the gards talks less than in PD. Is that just me ?
And as for my test maps I did, I can't figure out while the music don't play until you press start once. WTF.
MOOOOOOAR

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dylan , how does RGB on a PVM work ? Not doing scart cable ?

I 'defeated' Baron Samedi thrice but the end didn't play . Is the floor puzzle gun an objective ? Used all guns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 2 of 64

Jump to: