ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The puzzle Gun is indeed an objective. Triggers when you pick up the Golden Gun, no matter the context.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Updates...

Fixed the PP7 prop model. It was indeed sharing the same file as the Rudolph. I've made a more comprehensive list for the weapon props, so I should be able to fix the others (mostly just PD futuristic guns that have gone unnoticed).

I added the "euro chopper" textures to the Pirate helicopter. The Editor had a minor problem with one of them, which has since been remedied. This was pretty much the last thing I did before making the patches. Just ask TH126. When he played the mission, it was a ZMG on the floor. Little harder to land your tracker bug on. I am aware there are no prop blades right now.

Checked out the firing range. The door was getting stuck trying to open past the object that had replaced the glass. I could kind of tell it was a very distorted KF7 Soviet prop, but wasn't sure why at first. Turns out I had put my modified "on table" version (for Depot) over top of some glass model, which Institute just so happens to use. I updated the setup to use normal glass, so now it looks better, and you can enter the range.

Carnivorous: Very good find. I have a bad habit of playing with infinite ammo, so I would never have noticed this. It should be any model PP7 or the DD44 that should do it. I believe it is because the Golden Gun shares certain animations with them. Normally this should be okay between pistols (PP7 and DD44), since they share ammo type (so all would be empty at same time) and the slide acting the same way. But for Golden Gun, it isn't updating the animation when switching (guess continues to use same one). The flipping back piece is technically the same part as the slide, so it acts like it. I will try setting the Golden Gun to use its own animation IDs tomorrow. Hopefully that is all it requires. Again, excellent finding.

Yes, you must acquire both the Golden Gun and the bullets to complete an objective.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also found some glitches in Silo Campaign Silo:

Guards are running towards to me but they don´t stop and shooting at me, they just run ahead and then returns to me.

I would change the "get her" sound, because I´m not Miss Dark anymore ^^

And I alsom think that I don´t get hurt very often or very hard when they are shooting at me. btw: I thought the health display from GoldenEye was already importet?

I also think that there are soome glitches/leaks on the right side of the doors (blue line) - But could be a glitch of my Graphic PLugin.

Ouromov shoot at me but don´t hit me.

But anyhow, it´s very great Very Happy
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Congrats Wreck on your release! Smile
In Icicle Pyramid I think the icy central platform should be solid. It's cool to shoot through it, but proyectiles shouldn't do the same. I already changed that for my own interests. I can send you the bgfile if you want.

How do you load some map from GE:X inside the editor ?Question The only way to load a level that I know is by loading an uncompressed file located at the root of the folder of the editor. So there's only GE originals or PD originals.
Never managed to figure out how to do that. Thought it was not possible.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
How do you load some map from GE:X inside the editor ?Question The only way to load a level that I know is by loading an uncompressed file located at the root of the folder of the editor. So there's only GE originals or PD originals.
Never managed to figure out how to do that. Thought it was not possible.

You can load any map directly from the rom. Do 'Tools' -> 'Game Configuration'. Then load the rom with the level, select the level slot and click on 'Edit Solo/Multi Level in Visual'.

Then Visual editor will pop up and you can edit the level as in any proyect. You can either save as a project using that rom as base or click on 'Import Solo/Multi Level from Visual' to update the setup or 'Import Solo/Multi Level + Rooms' to import background and clipping changes too.

Using the Game Configuration menu you can also extract and inject individual files by clicking on the small squares at the right of the file names and using 'Save File' or 'inject file and update tables'.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have been more surprised than I expected with this patch, it is impressive the work done. Even in these days not enough explored the patch.

Thanks for some of the small details like:

-the scientists when they are attacked a second time, take out their weapon to defend themselves.
- the gas in the bottling room and drums of the Facility level. By the way, I want to ask Sogun where you've seen gas on the Silo level?

Playing the missions, they all seem a little more difficult to me than in GE, but I think they can be realized or completed. I just would not want to miss this new level of difficulty. It may not have been intended but may be due to:

Artificial intelligence in missions:

I do not think the current AI that the enemies have in the missions, although it does not behave exactly the same as in GE and that is logical.

"Looks like there are no deaf enemies like in GE. If you shoot an enemy in the back in a room where there are two enemies, the composer escuha the shots and reacts attacking you. This did not happen in GE.

- When making a noise with a weapon in a room, the enemies rarely go where you are, this is typical in PD. However in GE when you make noise, the enemies will come to you, and that makes it possible to set traps or ambushes.

-I do not know if this is true or not. It seems to me that enemies currently have some behaviors similar to GE animations, such as some death animations, and some pain animations when you shoot them. this is fantastic.

Maybe the only slightly serious mistake I have found has been with a weapon, it may not have been intentional, since I think it was about the need to adjust the weapon and its speed so that they can be used with SIMS. I am referring to the Cougar Magnum gun, which is now much faster than normal, whether you leave the trigger button pressed or as if you press the trigger button several times in a row. I hope this is corrected in the future.

By the way I would like to know how to put photos in post, it would help me a lot to explain situations that cost me a lot to explain or translate from my native language. Thank you

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@SATURN_81

Use a image hosting site like Imgur to upload it. (Use the screenshot feature of your emulator, or printscreen, if you're on console use a capture card).

Then use "[img]picturehere[/img]" without quotations to display an image on the forum.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
cond time, take out their weapon to defend themselves.
- the gas in the bottling room and drums of the Facility level. By the way, I want to ask Sogun where you've seen gas on the Silo level?

He's talking about the round rooms where you have to place the plastique. Those run slowly than Goldeneye.

@Sogun. Thanks very much !

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just played all three missions again and I think the biggest problem right now is the accuracy settings for the guards. On Agent they have the worst aim in the world as in it takes them a few good tries to get at least one hit on the player. Even on the highest difficulty setting they still have a hard time managing to hit the player despite it being, well, the hardest difficulty. I think it would vastly improve the missions if their accuracy and react time was turned up respectively for each difficulty.

Also, I'd like to know where everyone else stands on the whole voice thing. Do people like the inclusion of the PD voices for the enemies or would you prefer to keep all the enemies silent except for the grunts they make when shot? Me personally I love all the PD + GE animations for the guards including all their newer strategies of shooting the player but the voices don't really fit at the moment for me.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The voices don't fit for me either but I would love it if Wreck and the team found people good enough to do russian accents to have lines like "Get him" instead of "her". And instead of "You Bitch" maybe it can be substituted for "You Bastard", or "You Jerk" if you are using the language filter option lol.

I have a suggestion for Wreck and Co. regarding the guards. Now I have been thinking this up recently cause I notice how the guards in Silo and Frigate don't attack with punches or kicks like they do in PD. What I was suggesting was have different guards do different actions. As of now, I feel the Terrorists (can't remember which level they are in) should use the kicks when they lose their weapons as it makes the look like they are ninjas that can fight. Leave those russian soldiers and stuff attack only with weapons. Maybe you might want to give Trevelyan some punches and kick attacks for Cradle in case he becomes disarmed. It would go well with how he and Bond fought in the film.

Bunker VR level hanging monitors do not explode. Please correct this so that they can in the next patch release.

Oh yeah and don't forget PLEASE do something about that loud obnoxious buzzing sound that is heard in some of the tracks, please.

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Dylan , how does RGB on a PVM work ? Not doing scart cable ?

I'm using a scart cable plugged into a Scart-to-BNC adapter and that plugs into the individual RGB and Sync connections on the back of the PVM.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate the feedback, but I think too much attention is currently being put toward the mission AI. Which, I understand, as it's new. But, the fact that it is new, explains the various issues. The characters need work, since PD handles them a bit differently, in both action blocks and their initial character setup. The spawning in guards are also being a pain at the moment. I had about twenty all spawning in at the same pad in another mission that didn't get included.

Guard voices are planned to be replaced later on. An entire list of things they say will be written up, then similar replacements put in their place. Mostly Russian males, but some others, too. Probably French for the hostages on the Frigate. Then, of course, main characters. All the same lines from the original game, plus some new dialogue. Bond, as you may have noticed in the three missions, will make little comments referring to objective related things. I learned more about action blocks while doing the missions, which allowed me to update certain things, and test circumstances to add talking. Like the order you disarm the bombs in, Bond will say something different. And picking up the Golden Gun in Egypt has Bond say one of four different follow-up lines, so it can be different for multiple playthroughs.

I plan to remove the kicks from the standard melee attacks, as they don't fit in with GoldenEye. SubDrag already found the list, but I haven't tried swapping the attacks with other punches. Also, boss characters cannot be disarmed. It could make things too easy.

No idea where this "buzz" in the music is coming from. Nothing has been done to the music since 5d-beta. Has anyone else noticed this, and are there any places this is most noticeable?

Right now the monitors won't fall in VR, because they didn't in GE, either. Having eight TV screens littering the floor could be a distraction.

I thought the Cougar fired at the regular place while holding the fire button, but can be fired more quickly when rapidly pressing it, to help match Simulants.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
-Small clipping issue on the RC-P90

-Change the D5k animations, I know Pav put his all into these and this was just announced but I feel the Dragon animation is overused. It would be really cool if Pav could make a new animation for the gun with his own mix of realism and the PD style we are used to.

The new KF7 reload animation will eventually be used for the D5K reload. I don't like the dragon reload, but I didn't have the time to finish it and I'd rather have something instead of a broken reload like last patch. About the RC-P90, the keyframe interpolation is different every time so sometimes you get clipping and sometimes not. But I will still go back and fix this up. Thanks for the report.

On to another topic, I've been working on a character importing tutorial for the editor. This was one of the first characters I imported as a test, I think it'd be a pretty cool addition to GE:X https://qt.vidyagam.es/ZyzpYrX.mp4

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@pavarini

That's amazing, and quite funny at the same time. But how would the view-model hands work?

@Wreck

Buzzes might be a emulation bug? I don't hear any, either.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
That's amazing, and quite funny at the same time. But how would the view-model hands work?

Little magnetic slates that act like wrists.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 3 of 64

Jump to: