ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
The new KF7 reload animation will eventually be used for the D5K reload.

It will be altered or changed, correct? It would be nice to not see the same exact reload for the D5K and the KF7.

@Wreck
What about the accuracy problem, can this be fixed for the guards too?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can set all the guard specs in the action blocks. That includes accuracy, health, armour, etc. Even some stuff we don't know yet that PD does. Rare changed the AI to use custom action blocks per character / level, rather than relying on generic ones throughout the game. Only tweaking certain guards here and there to make them tougher, like in Aztec, or for special situations, such as guys ducking behind crates.

Dr. Caroll as playable in multi is great. Move over, Oddjob. This flying laptop might be the next annoying character on the list. Wouldn't mind testing him in my 2x Weapons / No Reloads + patch.

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
It will be altered or changed, correct? It would be nice to not see the same exact reload for the D5K and the KF7.

Yep they will be altered for both weapons, and don't worry I haven't forgot about the magazine tilt.

I set Dr. Caroll as a few elite sims and while he is harder to hit, his screen counts as a headshot so I think it balances out fairly.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Couple more things, Wreck.

Can we revert the revolver firing speed back to what it was, it was meant to be a slow shooting yet powerful gun from the beginning and I feel the new firing speed feels cheap and it doesn't help the animations jerk around. I know you said you did it to match the stimulants but maybe we can slow their shooting speed down and revert the magnum at the same time?

I had an idea for this area and areas like it:

It looks kind of weird seeing bodies/blood/guns on the black which is supposed to be giving the illusion of depth. Could you possibly put a layer of black where this one is now but turn the collisions off and make the pit a bit deeper so each time a player falls into the pits they disappear behind the black including their weapons?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I knew how to slow the Sims firing the magnum, I would certainly have chosen that path instead. It's either humans can fire a bit faster by rapid pressing, or Sims have an unfair advantage in VR mode with it. Right now I can't resolve both situations. They don't account for the extra time the animation uses, which is why they fire more quickly in PD. I got lucky with the Shotguns, but that same method didn't help the magnum.

I understand what you mean in Complex, and I can look into it.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Wreck
Will there be any plans to put the platinum gun into the Multiplayer? I love that gun! What about the watch laser? I know last time I asked about putting it into VR you said the Sims were having trouble using it. Maybe it could be like the current taser and the human players could use it and the Sims not use it.
I've noticed that on GoldenEye the AR15 seems to fire a little more slowly than the one on GEX. I video recorded on my phone and compared the two just to be sure. Dunno why I just now noticed by his.
I've also noticed some Sims getting stuck especially in the back area of Frigate. The camspy game shark code is and excellent way to watch for any sims getting stuck Wink

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If I knew how to slow the Sims firing the magnum, I would certainly have chosen that path instead. It's either humans can fire a bit faster by rapid pressing, or Sims have an unfair advantage in VR mode with it. Right now I can't resolve both situations. They don't account for the extra time the animation uses, which is why they fire more quickly in PD. I got lucky with the Shotguns, but that same method didn't help the magnum.

Could we revert the firing speed to what it was then even if the Sims fire faster? Or maybe put it to a vote?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL Carroll should SO be able to battle that's really nutty !!! n all his screen faces

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
LOL Carroll should SO be able to battle that's really nutty !!! n all his screen faces

@Pav @Wreck
Is it possible to replace the eyes on the screen with Desmond Llewelyn's so it looks like Q is controlling the robot? Would look really cool and pay tribute to the best Q we've ever had.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
No idea where this "buzz" in the music is coming from. Nothing has been done to the music since 5d-beta. Has anyone else noticed this, and are there any places this is most noticeable?

I will try to create an audio file of the loud unbearable buzzing noise and which tracks they are heard on.

Wreck wrote:
Right now the monitors won't fall in VR, because they didn't in GE, either. Having eight TV screens littering the floor could be a distraction.

They didn't fall to the floor in GE multi but they did explode. Plus in patch 5c you had the monitors exploding and dropping onto the floors and I don't remember the sims having issues with them being there. I remember sims navigate pass them and following me even with the monitors dropped onto the ground. It had no effect on VR until you mentioned about the crash in console which you have now fixed. So I don't see why there would be an issue (if there wasn't one for sims before) with the hanging monitors being able to explode in VR. I mean if there is a way to prevent them from falling, okay that would replicate the original game but if they are fine falling to the ground with no issues than I can't see why this would be a problem.

Wreck wrote:
I thought the Cougar fired at the regular place while holding the fire button, but can be fired more quickly when rapidly pressing it, to help match Simulants.

I haven't really checked with the cougar Magnum's firing rate but I thought they were fine in patch 5d and needed no altering after that. Why would you increase the firing rate if there was no issue? Don't fix if it ain't broken situation I guess.

The slappers and chops seem a little too fast in animation if you ask me. In GE, the slappers moved a bit slower and didn't immediately hit with both animations one after the other quickly. They did not like here. I think the animation for the slappers need to be slowed down in-between chops to match the original if you ask me.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Complex chasms deepened. They are three times farther down now. Even PD had some places where you easily saw dead bodies floating on black spaces, like in Pipes. Make sure you are on console or using a graphics plugin that supports the colouring the clipping tiles give off, or else they won't get darkened by them.

I had tested all firing rates before on two consoles on two stacked televisions to make sure they matched. Have not tried the slapper, but it should be set to hit when it reaches the farthest they move.

I can't replicate GE's behaviour with the monitors in multi, because in PD objects shrink and lower when destroyed. So as they respawn, they get smaller and lower each time, and that looks stupid.

If we can get Sims to use explosive shells properly for the Platinum Gun, yes.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There still wasn't an issue with the monitors on the ground in 5c from what i recall. So why can't they explode and fall to the ground in the future?

In regards to the slapper. I am not talking about their reach, I'm talking about their "firing rate" per say. The animations in-between the two chops occur too rapidly from the original game. That's what I mean.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
That's amazing, and quite funny at the same time. But how would the view-model hands work?

Like this

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
Fillerthefreak wrote:
That's amazing, and quite funny at the same time. But how would the view-model hands work?

Like this

Looks awesome Pavarini! I wonder if you could make him glow red when he pulls the weapon out and look like normal, sweet Dr. Carol when unarmed..... Or, normal vs angry eyes?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Dr. Caroll used in missions uses a different rig, with his own set of animations. Those animations controls and change Dr. Carolls eyes. Because he uses a human rig now, he can't use those animations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 4 of 64

Jump to: