ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Is it possible to make the Skedar playable in PD multiplayer? I'm not bothered about it personally (though I'd love to be able to play against Dr. Carroll) but back when PD was widely played, people often asked about it. Some people speculated that it would be difficult, since the 'headshot' hit box would be difficult to implement, apparently.

Here is a video of both models in MP. The hitboxes for the skedar biped rig is 'loose' and being the second character I ported it's not very good. The hitbox issues are caused from the the character's size, you would need more bones to have greater hitbox detail (like the original model) but then it wouldn't be playable in MP. It's very much a compromise for the Skedar to work, meanwhile Dr Caroll's hitboxes match perfectly due to his boxy geometry. Just a reminder these characters will be in Wreck's PD patch, not GE:X.

Fenix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is truly awesome, pavarini!

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So maybe Dr. Carroll should explode every death ? Cool

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In 39850 settings there are a few bodytypes you can set to character models. This changes some properties but most of these are hardcoded so there is little you can do. Setting the bodytype to Dr Caroll would make him explode on death but this crashes MP so it isn't possible. Likewise, setting the Skedar model to use Skedar bodytype changes the footsteps and pain sounds for the model but causes weapons to be pointing in the wrong direction.

The models are pretty awful hacks, but they work well enough as a novelty.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am quite impressed with the video with Dr-Carroll and Skedar. Skedar's hands / claws look a bit pointy and a little polygonal in the "first person view", in addition it can also be seen (something I think does not happen with any other character in the game) in "first person view" as Skedar has a claw nail clean and after being injured, it looks like his nail is full of blood, I do not know if anyone will have noticed this in the video.

I have some questions for Pavarini and who knows how to respond to this:

- Can Skedar hands be touched up in "first-person view" so they do not look too pointy or polygonal? For example can you make Skedar hands with more defined fingers, or so that the fingers are better appreciated? Looks a little brusque and exaggerated as the Skedar nail goes through the trigger of a gun.

- Can the Chicago Police Robot be a character more?

- and this question is a little more particular. Do you know the anatomy and animations of the PD characters? For example do you know if the anatomy of a Skedar moves more or less like a Rex dinosaur? Can you make a completely new character from scratch to make a dinosaur with it? For some time I think if a Dinosaur Rex would be possible to play Turok Dinosaur hunter, I have always thought that they have the same movements and anatomy very similar to that of a Skedar, besides this character has claws, nails like those of a Skedar, Even certain roars and sounds of a Skedar's death resemble those of a dinosaur.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
I am quite impressed with the video with Dr-Carroll and Skedar. Skedar's hands / claws look a bit pointy and a little polygonal in the "first person view", in addition it can also be seen (something I think does not happen with any other character in the game) in "first person view" as Skedar has a claw nail clean and after being injured, it looks like his nail is full of blood, I do not know if anyone will have noticed this in the video.

This is a problem caused with my system, when I import models the textures are glitched in-game. I'm been working with SubDrag to find the source of said issue.

SATURN_81 wrote:
Can Skedar hands be touched up in "first-person view" so they do not look too pointy or polygonal? For example can you make Skedar hands with more defined fingers, or so that the fingers are better appreciated? Looks a little brusque and exaggerated as the Skedar nail goes through the trigger of a gun.

The Skedar hand model is copied from the character. To replace it would need hi poly skedar hand made from scratch, this is outside of my field so it will be left as it is.

SATURN_81 wrote:
Can the Chicago Police Robot be a character more?

The G5 Robot can be rigged to be biped like Dr Caroll. A fun trick would be to remove the guns from the model and place the wrist joints in the same position, so the weapons appear on the sides like the original model. There are issues with export from XSI so this will be put on hold. And just to remind people these characters will not be for GE:X.

SATURN_81 wrote:
Do you know the anatomy and animations of the PD characters? For example do you know if the anatomy of a Skedar moves more or less like a Rex dinosaur?

No they are too different, the animations would not look good on a dinosaur model. They are more biped than dinosaur.

SATURN_81 wrote:
Can you make a completely new character from scratch to make a dinosaur with it? For some time I think if a Dinosaur Rex would be possible to play Turok Dinosaur hunter, I have always thought that they have the same movements and anatomy very similar to that of a Skedar, besides this character has claws, nails like those of a Skedar, Even certain roars and sounds of a Skedar's death resemble those of a dinosaur.

With the editor you can replace characters with any kind of rig, but if a model plays an animation with less joints than the rig it will softlock the engine. So you would then need to replace a lot of animations just to prevent softlocking, and there is a lot of Skedar animations. This would take a long time and I prefer to focus on other projects.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Da?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
All players use the same weapon data, such as damage dealt, so you can't modify it by character model in use. With those nasty claws, it would make sense, but unfortunately I don't believe it possible.

OK. I was thinking of Turok: Rage Wars, where one player (or bot) could be a dinosaur, who couldn't pick up or use weapons, but could use his claws which dealt a *lot* of damage. I think the dinosaur also had a very high staring health too, to compensate for his lack of long-range attack.

This would have been interesting to have in Perfect Dark, but even if it were possible to somehow make the A.I. not pick up weapons (whilst allowing all other sims to pick up and use them) and instead use the Skedar's claws (and do a very large amount of damage with them), then it would probably need a lot of hacking, and then maybe not many people would use it. I might, but it's something I could easily never use, and I think it's something that would more appeal to fans of Turok: Rage Wars (the only Turok game on the N64 that I don't like, BTW).

pavarini wrote:

Here is a video of both models in MP...

That is fantastic! Being obviously a perfectionist, you might not be 100% happy with the Skedar issues, but back in PD's hey-day (before most players sold their N64s and 'moved up' to other machines), if players could have had what you've done in the game, then the Skedar would have been *very* popular both to play as, and play against. To your eyes, the Skedar's claw might look ugly and unfinished when holding a weapon in first person view, but I guarantee no one would have complained, they'd have been more than happy with it the way it is.

It's the same with the clipping issue when Dr. Carroll is holding a rifle and it sticks through his screen/eyes, no one playing the game would be critical of it, it's just fantastic to have Dr. Carroll in deathmatch, and so well animated. It's only professionals or people who'd rather watch a game than play it who'd be concerned about that. Anyone else would be too busy shooting Dr. Carroll to care about a minor visual issue. And let's be honest, if we wanted the best graphics possible, then we'd have abandoned the N64 years ago, and only play on the PC. Me, I prefer gameplay, which is why I still play on all my consoles (and PC), as to me there's only a few great games released every year, and a great game is timeless.

One of my favourite things in Perfect Dark is to play three teams in deathmatch, as it creates lots of fighting, and it would be great to do humans vs Skedar vs Mayan, with Dr. Carroll on the human team (well, we made him!).

Quote:
Just a reminder these characters will be in Wreck's PD patch, not GE:X

Fine by me! I'm the one person (so it seems) on the site who prefers PD's weapons and levels to Goldeneye's, so battling against the Skedar and Dr. Carroll on the PD levels will be *really* great!

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
I'm the one person (so it seems) on the site who prefers PD's weapons and levels to Goldeneye's, so battling against the Skedar and Dr. Carroll on the PD levels will be *really* great!

You're not the only one, I prefer everything in Perfect Dark over Goldeneye as well :p

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have noticed the photos of what will be new GoldenEye X, I am very surprised by this new work, when they publish it, I will grab a '' bottle of Champagne '' to celebrate, have a good day

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone was asking for high-poly Skeder hands for view-model use?

Not done, but it's far higher poly than just ripping the arms of the world model. Made sure to keep it in the same polycount as player hand models (It's 392 triangles)

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
Someone was asking for high-poly Skeder hands for view-model use?

Not done, but it's far higher poly than just ripping the arms of the world model. Made sure to keep it in the same polycount as player hand models (It's 392 triangles)

very good Fillerthefreak

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How did I not notice this release? Excellent..!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Better late than never! Smile

I plan to look into three things very soon. One is the enemy details in missions. Right now, basic guards have atrocious accuracy. This makes the levels far too easy. There are probably other aspects that are incorrect, when compared to the original game. The second thing is how hostages and scientists are immediately killed off when playing coop mode. I am hoping this is a simple fix. Perhaps the PD Defense mission can help, or even Investigation. Finally, the spawned in guards. Right now, I am having trouble controlling how many spawn in. Also where they appear can be troubling. This is one reason why Runway has not been in a good enough state for GE-X.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With reason, because I chose the two missions with an ally, and the mission failed before it began

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 32 of 64

Jump to: