ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Thank you, Dark Reyn. I apologize for not taking more time to try this out when you first got into contact with me. Glad you joined up here and brought the subject back up again. Smile
You're welcome, I'm glad I could help. Wink
The discussions with Thundera certainly helped me to clarify my explanation.

Quick question, is there a limit to the number of Weapons Sets? You have 2 more than I was able to do, I was only able to do 12. I was thinking about the body armour and turning it off. As it stands, you choose a Set, change to custom then change it to Nothing (assuming you are playing "Dr No"). If Sets are limited, would it make sense to move Nothing to the bottom or swap with Disabled (I've just realised what a hassle moving one would be) to save time? Part of me just wants Nothing to be called "No" but maybe that's a bit obscure.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Under normal circumstances, you have twelve sets to use. However, for GE-X we managed to extend the list. PD had fewer than GoldenEye, and we wanted to make sure they all made it in. I can't recall exactly what we did, but something became smaller so that the weapon set table could grow larger. I don't think the Editor currently supports that, but SubDrag has incorporated the ability to move and extend a few different lists. Heads, bodies, individual weapons for use in the sets, and arenas, can all be increased - so long as they get moved to new locations within the 39850 file to allow the bigger sizes. There is a decent chunk around the 30000 mark that is seemingly unused by the game, and you can carefully shift things around (using the space previously occupied by another table) to suit your needs. You're still fighting for free space, but you really can't go too overly huge, anyway.

I've finished updating all the traditional GE level setups, and will move onto the new additions tomorrow. I guess I will need to decide on specific Golden Gun spots for those, as they've always had at least two within the map. I remembered I have to update all the preset match weapon sets, as well. Hopefully those won't slow my progress much, but I feel those with the full six in use may require extra attention to balance them out.

It's pretty easy to just swap Body Armour with Nothing in the list, and there isn't really much point in complicating things over such a simple manual adjustment.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I think I need to try a few maps and things before I really understand how to use the editor. I suspect I won't get to the point where I'm trying things that involve me expanding lists.

For the other maps I suggest trying (current F_ -> new F_):
0/5/A->5
1/6/B->0
2/7/C->1
3/8/D->2/3 (3 GG)
4/9/E->4
Assuming we're talking about maps using all the location numbers but only the four (correction: five include body armour) weapons in the Set.

My thought about Nothing/No was only that you want people to select Nothing/No intuitively when changing from body armour which is easier if adjacent. You don't want them using Disabled by mistake. Admittedly minor point but I for one will certainly be repeatedly turning them off!

Last edited by Dark Reyn on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder what small christmas related treat was being worked on hmmm...

This means now the pickup text for the Golden Gun definitely needs to say "Picked up The Golden Gun" as opposed to "a Golden Gun". Wink

Wreck I was wondering now with Dark Reyn's new weapon set solution can it be possible to add an extra body armor location for Library? I know you may not want to change anything on the maps. I agree with you. I like the locations that you changed up for GE-X but feel Library is such a huge map that instead of having just two (1 in basement and 1 in stack area) that having 2 body armors in the stack area would be more better to search for BA. Especially if most sims are in the basement and you're trying to get away from them and gain more health. And the location I was suggest would be the same one from the original game where the two opening walls intersect in that small hallway spot. This way it's not too close to the BA that's in the basement area. They're spread out. However, at the end of the day the final decision is up to you.

Everything else I am reading I love it.! Just take your time with everything. The years about to end soon so it doesn't matter if this release gets pushed a little further up. At least not to me anyway.

Just remember that Pavarini was going to work on the Watch detonator. We all agreed on the replacement of the remote device model and instead using the watch with pressing the other button on the other side of it's model.

Question. The fix Pavarini did for the instrument was it before or after the conversion? And would it make a difference?

The hit impact sounds can be left for another release if there's not enough time to look into them. Just remember my thread points out all the textures designs that need them.

I have to agree with killedbyurmom. Even the smallest patch update with only bug fixes I would accept in a heartbeat.

Other than all this I am ecstatic that progress is being made once again. Very Happy
Thank You for all this wonderful news Wreck! Very Happy

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What does Dam WIP mean? Is Dam gonna become a multiplayer map?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Work in Progress.
It's still going through the stages, but MRKane has sent me files to check out. We'll see what comes of them.

I don't have any intentions of making Dam a multiplayer level. It had far too many issues in GE, and most will transfer along with it to PD. Poor framerate is the reason why many missions will not be turned into VR maps, regardless of how fun they are in concept.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't argue with that, here's to hoping Dam can become a thing in the near future!

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to lobby Wreck of adding the front zone of Dam into multiplayer. I understand your point that there would be too much lag for the actual dam part of dam. But nothing is as iconic as the front sections of dam! It is the most iconic level I grew up playing. But probably needs some extra boxes and stuff to hide behind so pillboxes and buker isn't overpowered. I'd recommend making a multi with the first 3 sections.

Does Dam's Dam section lag less on Goldeneye than on Perfect Dark?

Thank you Wreck for your hard work. These projects would not come into fruition without all your hard work. And boy can I tell you how cool and fun they are.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure Dam MP sounds that appealing. Like a number of solo maps, it's very linear. The main appeal of multiplayer maps is their plethora of routes. It's one of my issues with Facility/Felicity - there is a bottleneck. Similarly GE maps like Silo and Train are fundamentally structured for solo campaign rather than MP. I would sooner have something like Depot or parts of Control or Aztec but I think the maps already used are probably better.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No other maps have exciting pillboxes and a bunker.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just glad to see that GE:X development has been picked back up even if it's just fixing/changing a few minor things.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Levels perform pretty similarly between GE-X and GE. But for multiplayer, that can grow worse as you add more players and Simulants. Archives Backzone was slow at times in GE with GameShark codes, and early tests in GE-X were disappointing. That's one of the reasons why I made the 1F version of Archives, which was greatly optimized to improve framerate.

I have updated all the VR setup files to use the new weapon set formula, but still need to edit the Assignments and Preset Matches. Only a couple actually used all six slots, so it shouldn't be long to get those done.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great! Very Happy

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess there's little time left for the next patch release. I think the requests I'm going to make involve minor changes and I hope that the Wreck and the team can take them in the remainder of time before the next patch is released.

1) - I would like to ask, that the problem with the emulators be solved when using the CamSpy, Slayer, Night-Vision and IR-Scanner. I think that in the first and second patch of GE-X, these devices still worked and could be used. (in the original unmodified rom they still work). so what I ask is to look at the first 2 patches and see why this change, because I really think it was from the third patch when problems began to appear with these devices.

2) - replace the duplicated slots of the Halicon-gun with other weapons.

3) - Goldfinger 64 has been released this year, so I think that its content should no longer be a secret. I would like to ask to use some weapons of this mod, especially the pistols and revolvers and to include them in the classic weapons slots.

Dam may seem quite linear for multiplayer at first, but there are three routes or exits within that hallway that match the watchtowers. the upper part seems more open and better area to hide in the watchtowers. Of course I prefer Dam Mp before the train that is much more linear and narrow. with this idea in mind you could choose to invent a new level based on Dam. I mean I'm asking the same thing that was done with Archives-1F but this time for the Dam level. Maybe a Dam-1F level?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 43 of 64

Jump to: