ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Animations look good. What was happening about the grenade launcher reload?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had wanted to keep some PD weapons, just like PD had some GE ones. At the very least, the FarSight ability maintained. It is far too interesting and useful to give up.

There are still a few empty slots left. Might be four now, after the Platinum Gun (based on an Everything or Nothing bonus weapon) was included. I had asked which GF64 guns would be good to include in another thread.

An issue with animations is this. For one, we need to replace existing entries. That's fine for the most part, as PD had quite a few and some guns had multiple each. We can still replace non gun-related animation, if needbe. However, you also need to setup special blocks in the 39850 file we call "animation microcodes". The space for these is getting slimmer. I may be able to find / make some space, but it isn't that easy.

I did receive a replacement Seeker model from Trevor, though it has yet to be fully imported.

Grenade Launcher still needs breaking into parts, putting into a new file, and then passed onto Pavarini for him to animate. We still have various details to sort out.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh okay the seeker is still in good.

I have no problem with the PD cheat weapons being changed to GF64 ones. Matter of fact I welcome it. However, Wreck makes a point about atleast keeping some like how PD had GE weapons.

Hopefully Trevor's seeker model is imported and work on the GL is on it's way.

So Wreck did you try to test out the breaking bridges that connect to the center in Icicle Pyramid? I think the bridges make more sense to break instead of the center. It wou;dm't mean all the bridges would break at the same time so simulants could still reach the center ice through another bridge section.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/788/
Will this link ever be updated?

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh - probably not. People can get it from the horses mouth I'd say!

I would like to know if the Dam level worked Wreck? I found myself thinking about it the other day while doing some speed modelling.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a question I wanted to ask in order to find more space in PD to be able to include more content is if you can create a rom-expander tool like the one that exists for Super Mario 64, maybe then we could have more space for GEX in the if you want to add extras that do not belong to the original GE.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
a question I wanted to ask in order to find more space in PD to be able to include more content is if you can create a rom-expander tool like the one that exists for Super Mario 64, maybe then we could have more space for GEX in the if you want to add extras that do not belong to the original GE.

PD is 32MB, i doubt it is possible to extend it and get it running on the console.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:

I am curious about this, too. However, I would like to know if it happens to already be... Oh, I just saw Siul's post. Well, then may I ask why a few of my test ROMs are 40MB instead of 32MB? I didn't notice when, nor do I know what I did differently.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I assume its possible to extend to 40 mb but thats it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can actually extend to 64MB although 4MB of that must be padding for ED v1 or v2 due to temporary save data being held at upper CartRAM address - hence Resident Evil and Pokémon Stadium crash, V3 and 64Drive have dedicated sram for saves.

If Flashcarts had bigger CartRAM or read directly from SD fast enough you could have any size you wanted up to 4GB.

4GB would be a lot of textures hahaha

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even if you extend the ROM size, it will only allow for more textures or larger files. It won't help with tables of data, which is where you really begin to run into walls. Amount of weapons, character models, etc. And some important special features (type of character, weapon 2nd function) are sorted by tables or are hardcoded to IDs.

I will update the RHDN page eventually. I guess the ModDB also needs it.

Sims will still get confused and fall down the broken bridges, as they can't know if any of therm are currently disabled. So, let's call the ice bridge permafrost. Razz

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fine. It was just an idea is all.

Any new progress done lately?

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing through Wreck's Multi Goldeneye patches....the Depot and Dam FZ were really fun. I wonder if they would make good GE:X multi maps?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you must have been playing a map pack by someone else, as I don't ever recall releasing any patches with either Dam or Depot in multiplayer. Depot is especially hard on the game with two or more players running around, and Dam also has areas that can really start to slow things down.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh ok...got the multiplayer level authors mixed up. Thanks for the response!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 51 of 64

Jump to: