ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck (and everyone else working on Goldeneye X), regarding the brilliant news that the Goldeneye disassembly has been completed (http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=75781#75781) how does the availability of this decompilation effect your plans for Goldeneye X?

It's still early days, I know, but do you have any plans for any significant enhancements to GX that you'd care to mention here?

I've written a quick list (sorry!) of ten improvements I hope that the decompilation might make possible for the base game, and I think GX could benefit from the items on there that aren't PD-specific (http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=75780#75780).

I am really looking forward to seeing the future of Goldeneye X (and PD, and Goldeneye, once it's decompilation is complete).

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Wreck (and everyone else working on Goldeneye X), regarding the brilliant news that the Goldeneye disassembly has been completed (http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=75781#75781) how does the availability of this decompilation effect your plans for Goldeneye X?

I think you mean the Perfect Dark decompilation

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Super excited on the decomp as well, feels like 1997 all over again, I am also curious if only ideas as well.

I know Wreck mentioned earlier that it would break Editor compatibility, but I feel this is the next evolution that we were all waiting for.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:

It's still early days, I know, but do you have any plans for any significant enhancements to GX that you'd care to mention here?

I've written a quick list (sorry!) of ten improvements I hope that the decompilation might make possible for the base game, and I think GX could benefit from the items on there that aren't PD-specific (http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=75780#75780).

I am really looking forward to seeing the future of Goldeneye X (and PD, and Goldeneye, once it's decompilation is complete).

I have written an enhancement for Goldeneye X on your thread Kerr. It has to do with a new weapon set system. Check it out.

Also now that PD's decomp is complete I'd love to see fixes to the water animation from Dam, Lafayette boat water level, and Caverns.

Use of Goldeneye's blood drip animation using the decomp data from GE's decomp on how it's animated and converted into GE-X's death screen data.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not super concerned with decomp just yet. There is still plenty of things to do as it is, which doesn't require breaking the game apart and stitching it back together. Certain changes could slowly be edited in, if possible, via manual ROM tweaks. Currently, it will break PD Editor support, and 1964 emulator support for certain features, such as mouse and keyboard, from what I have read. So this stuff will be later on, as extra polish and maybe bringing more "GoldenEye" into it.

I do plan a release before the end of this year. I don't want people to get too excited, as there isn't much "new" to it right now. Mostly were some bug fixes and polishing. We will see what happens between now and then.

Dam only needed very minor background modifications in two areas, which will not be noticeable. Even comparing side to side, the difference is barely visible. It is just some upper mountain peaks, so nothing of concern.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed in the beta build I was given a year or two back there was a console crash on the Temple Assignment, I don't remember which one. Has that been resolved because if it isn't I can hop in and see about getting more detailed info on the crash.

Unfortunately my ED64 now corrupts ROMs the longer they're on the SD Card so I may not have that old build anymore. (The build with Carn's new KF7 reload)

Weren't there 1-2 other missions where things weren't ported over, will those be making it in as well or is the focus just on Dam?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm unfamiliar with any particular crashing. If it is something that can be recreatable with some consistency, it may be easier to determine a cause.

Dam was the only map missing, but there are a few props that aren't in just yet. They will be added as required. Probably mostly vehicle related stuff.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I'll look for the patch this weekend and I'll see if I can recreate the crash. It already happened twice so it shouldn't be too hard.

As for vehicles, is the tank still not happening or have we figured out a way to make it work?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tank, if possible, would most definitely be a complex addition to decomp. It would be nice to keep it separate from the bike, so it leaves the extra option.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Question. Are there any future plans for GE-X to be optimized using the optimization mod Ryan Dywer is creating for Perfect Dark called Perfect Dark High Performance? Will there be a Goldeneye X equivalent called GoldenEye X High Performance at some point? Perhaps once GodlenEye X has been completed?

Also can you give a rundown on the progress currently going on with GE-X? What has been done? What is currently being worked on?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love for all the best optimizations and fixes to be included - well after they have been tested to the max and have been found to bring zero side effects. Some other interesting new features could find their way in, as well.

Other than mostly bug fixes and enhancements, I can't really say too much "new" content has been added in just yet. But there is time before the end of this year to hopefully remedy that a bit.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did some playtesting via stream and I narrowed the crash down to happening whenever an AI dies but I couldn't narrow it further than that. Game crashed when killing an AI via Assignments with an AR33, Autoshotgun, and I think a ZMG. It's not a constant crash but it seemingly appears at random.

I streamed it here if you wanted to see it happen in real time, pardon the commentary: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1640018921

Edit: Tested with GEX_5e-i_beta_03-09-17 Patch

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I skimmed through the video, and did see two crashes as they happened, and another where it seemed you lost the video feed for a moment, and it was already frozen when it returned. Twice the AI had an AR33, but one instance they were running away at the time. Nothing super obvious...

I've recalculated the neck hitboxes on every GE body (and customs), because GE and PD did things differently. GoldenEye did not have a hitbox for the head models, but instead made the neck hitbox on the body encompass where abouts the head would fill. Perfect Dark did have hitboxes for the heads, and set the neck to only cover itself. This isn't a huge deal, but with the advanced customization in multiplayer, certain combinations could be more noticeable. Worth the time to update.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait to see what is in store!
Just to be able to use the Platinum Gun in Multi would be awesome 
Looking forward to a Gernade Launcher animation in the future as well
Good to see yall working on GEX again

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You think there's any chance of Carn coming back to do animations? He really was extremely talented at what he did and we could sure use some of that again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 59 of 64

Jump to: